That spectral wall with "fear".

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I beg ANet to revert that skill, or at least change it to something else. It’s impossible to play PvP with that BS.

- From another profession.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

make a wall with +bonus to craft

in Necromancer

Posted by: BadJas.5178

BadJas.5178

How is the new spectral wall any different than the Guardian barrier? Just walk around ‘that BS’.

Half-Digested Mass Effect [eww]
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

How is the new spectral wall any different than the Guardian barrier? Just walk around ‘that BS’.

It takes a utility slot instead of being on a weapon, you can dodge through it, putting it under someone doesn’t have any extra effect, it has a longer cooldown, and it attracts much more QQ. That’s how.

I thought we gained an extra fear this patch because of this change, but then I remembered we lost one with the corrupt boon nerf.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

I think the spectral wall is a little overpowered situationally.. Like when i was playing my necro on the forest spvp map, i was at keep and used fear to push someone back into the enclosed area by the mid point inbetween the two platforms. The person got feared into the corner and i had the hilarious idea to swap to deathshroud fear them again to keep them there, and then drop specral wall behind them. They were 100% unable to leave the corner without being feared (apparently they didnt have a blink or stability available) and they just got repeatedly feared while i dropped extra condi on them.

The only problem with nerfing spectral wall is that only terror builds have a chance for it to be OP. You would punish all the other builds that arent terror based if you do change it. Conclusion? Either leave it as is or throw an extra 5 seconds to the cooldown. Just my $.02

Edit: I just wanted to throw out that I’m a TERRIBLE necromancer who just started one 3 weeks ago, so my view is from someone who plays other professions

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

(edited by pantsforbirds.9032)

in Necromancer

BadJas.5178

It takes a utility slot instead of being on a weapon, you can dodge through it, putting it under someone doesn’t have any extra effect, it has a longer cooldown, and it attracts much more QQ. That’s how.

I thought we gained an extra fear this patch because of this change, but then I remembered we lost one with the corrupt boon nerf.

Sure, I see those (didn’t know you could dodge through though, that’s interesting). So what exactly is the OP’s complaint? Seems like he just needs to learn how to play around the wall.
I’m not really PvPing right now, but in PvE the wall is definitely our best fear yet. And the loss of fear only applies when reacting to “Save yourselves” right? Most Stabilities can still be countered.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Arena.Net I beg you, don’t listen to those guys. Spectral wall is good as it is if people don’t play like…

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

And the loss of fear only applies when reacting to “Save yourselves” right? Most Stabilities can still be countered.

Nah, some key ones can though. Dagger storm, but that’s not a big deal. RAO, again, not a big deal. Plague, which is great. However, anything on an ele or guardian you’re only getting with concerted boonstrips unless they screw up, and those are the ones you really want. If a team really doesn’t want you to corrupt a stability now (like a necro plague), they can try to stop you by pumping trash boons, and I think that’s a good change. We really did lose a key play in corrupting SY though.

in Necromancer

LoneWolfie.1852

Sure, I see those (didn’t know you could dodge through though, that’s interesting). So what exactly is the OP’s complaint? Seems like he just needs to learn how to play around the wall.
I’m not really PvPing right now, but in PvE the wall is definitely our best fear yet. And the loss of fear only applies when reacting to “Save yourselves” right? Most Stabilities can still be countered.

The question is how many dodges do you have? If it’s 1v1 in a PvP, sure everything is fine and all, you can use up your stunbreakers/cond. removal clearance for the necros, but tune it up to 2 kitten necros, and all hell breaks loose. And it’s not like it’s a SINGLE target thing, but AOE with 5 different conditions coming up your way from other skills. Must be fun to know that my PUG allies who aren’t necromancers dropped down like dead flies.

Then when we revive and fight the next time, their kittening CD are done.

in Necromancer

BadJas.5178

The question is how many dodges do you have? If it’s 1v1 in a PvP, sure everything is fine and all, you can use up your stunbreakers/cond. removal clearance for the necros, but tune it up to 2 kitten necros, and all hell breaks loose. And it’s not like it’s a SINGLE target thing, but AOE with 5 different conditions coming up your way from other skills. Must be fun to know that my PUG allies who aren’t necromancers dropped down like dead flies.

Well, it’s still a stationary object with a 5 second duration… So if one gets hit by it, no surprise, but a whole team walking into a wall? You can’t blame that on the skill. That is pure player error.
And yes, if you don’t know the skill you’re going to get caught by surprise and you might die. That can be said about a lot of skills (Feedback, anyone?).

Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

LoneWolfie.1852

Well, it’s still a stationary object with a 5 second duration… So if one gets hit by it, no surprise, but a whole team walking into a wall? You can’t blame that on the skill. That is pure player error.
And yes, if you don’t know the skill you’re going to get caught by surprise and you might die. That can be said about a lot of skills (Feedback, anyone?).

What more do I need to explain, someone already posted a great video on this BS. 3/4 damage HP done, feared all the way when my stunbreaker is on CD, even dead if there’s a DPS profession backing the necro.

Just because some newbie necromancers don’t know how good their profession is doesn’t excuse the fact the good ones are abusing the crap out of this skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Spectral wall takes one utility slot unlike guardian wall which is weapon slot. If you sacrifice your utility slot for one movement limiting skill which is easy to spot I think it’s pretty much fair trade and balanced as far as I see.

Even if I play guardian also I’d rather complain about guardian GS/hammer thunderdome combo and what it does to necro with no stability.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

What more do I need to explain, someone already posted a great video on this BS. 3/4 damage HP done, feared all the way when my stunbreaker is on CD, even dead if there’s a DPS profession backing the necro.

Just because some newbie necromancers don’t know how good their profession is doesn’t excuse the fact the good ones are abusing the crap out of this skill.

Don’t back up your argument with npc/golems.

in Necromancer

BadJas.5178

<<link>>

Haha, that’s cute, implying I’m a newbie when you’re the one saying the skill is OP. Honestly, I don’t play any PvP right now, and you would probably kick my butt in seconds if I were to log on right now. My personal skills as a player in no way legitimize your claim though.
You know full well that that video proves nothing (NPC, completely controlled environment, the guy took forever to get his wall up, etc.). Yes if you get caught with your pants down, stunbreaker on CD, nobody backing you up, you might very well die from a combination of this skill and some others.
However, if you do have a stunbreaker, some stability and/or one well-timed dodge the wall can’t hurt you. So maybe give it a week or two before you deem the skill overpowered. It’s a bomb-skill and you have to look out for it. Learn to recognize the threat and it’s basically neutralized.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: davidcrickett.8536

davidcrickett.8536

A troll, a warrior troll.

80: guardian (Ea Greenwood), warrior (Vulg Painbrain), necro (Dafydda),
mesmer (Petroline),
ele (Apple Scruff), engineer (Andersine And), ranger (Dafydd Black), thief (Pi Jensen).

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

<<link>>

Haha, that’s cute, implying I’m a newbie when you’re the one saying the skill is OP. Honestly, I don’t play any PvP right now, and you would probably kick my butt in seconds if I were to log on right now. My personal skills as a player in no way legitimize your claim though.
You know full well that that video proves nothing (NPC, completely controlled environment, the guy took forever to get his wall up, etc.). Yes if you get caught with your pants down, stunbreaker on CD, nobody backing you up, you might very well die from a combination of this skill and some others.
However, if you do have a stunbreaker, some stability and/or one well-timed dodge the wall can’t hurt you. So maybe give it a week or two before you deem the skill overpowered. It’s a bomb-skill and you have to look out for it. Learn to recognize the threat and it’s basically neutralized.

He was probably to busy wasting his stunbreaker and dodge whenever he felt like it.

in Necromancer

BadJas.5178

He was probably to busy wasting his stunbreaker and dodge whenever he felt like it.

Maybe. No way to tell.
In general I have a hard time feeling sorry for any player running out of endurance when that player has access to vigor.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Seriously? This is your “proof”? A perfect setup on a pathetically weak bot (that doesn’t stun break) takes 10 seconds to down him?

Holy kitten, there are so many OP things in this game then! How broken is guardian then? . Guessing you think Hammer Warriors are the most OP thing in the world. I can easily make a hammer warrior that destroys those bots in about half the time. OP! OP! OP!

in Necromancer

LoneWolfie.1852

Seriously? This is your “proof”? A perfect setup on a pathetically weak bot (that doesn’t stun break) takes 10 seconds to down him?

Holy kitten, there are so many OP things in this game then! How broken is guardian then? . Guessing you think Hammer Warriors are the most OP thing in the world. I can easily make a hammer warrior that destroys those bots in about half the time. OP! OP! OP!

You really think that guardian build will that work in sPvP, without additional food or nourishment. I seriously wonder how many stunbreakers/CC removals you have when sPvP can have multiple condition necros hitting you.

The fact that I constantly save my stunbreakers/cond. removals for necros and still having 4-5 conditions on me just speaks volume (Casting fear on me, waits for me to use up my stunbreak because other players are around, casts other attacks to inflict 5 different conditions, etc). Pure BS. Just face 2 GOOD necros together and tell me you have enough CC removals, please. There’s more than just spam buttons from necros, lots of strategical maneuvers that make it very hard.

I haven’t someone defending their profession intelligently (by showing me there’s a weakness/flaw somewhere in necros.) other than posting other videos of showing on how other players kill someone in WvW (which is full of bad players), or trying to insinuate that saving your dodges/stunbreakers JUST FOR NECROS is “possible” in sPvP.

The amount of inane diehards defenders are coming out of the can of worms I just opened up, right?

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

So you’re saying spectral wall is stronger than line of warding?

in Necromancer

ProxyDamage.9826

You really think that guardian build will that work in sPvP, without additional food or nourishment. I seriously wonder how many stunbreakers/CC removals you have when sPvP can have multiple condition necros hitting you.

And in what world are you suppose to win 1 vs 2(+) ?

If you have 2 or more people hitting you you’re screwed by default. Stability nullifies fear, so no manner how many necros there are you’re effectively invulnerable from fear for those seconds.

Worse, Fear is the only hard CC that’s both a control effect and a condition, so it can be removed by both condition removal and stun breakers. You’re not so lucky if you’re up against 2 or more of any other class with control effects.

But no, I suppose Necro is OP if you can’t solo two of them or more. Seems legit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Welllllll, line of warding doesn’t give protection and doesn’t deal damage(terror). I see those as quite a significant difference, especially the “dealing damage” part.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

Welllllll, line of warding doesn’t give protection and doesn’t deal damage(terror). I see those as quite a significant difference, especially the “dealing damage” part.

Is that a yes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Necromancers have hardly any stability and poor sustain combined with the worst mobility in the game and you’re complaining about a 10 second spike? Seriously, you should never get caught by that combo in the first place. The moment you see the wall, dodge away and problem solved.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Is that a yes?

I guess it is.

in Necromancer

LoneWolfie.1852

And in what world are you suppose to win 1 vs 2(+) ?

If you have 2 or more people hitting you you’re screwed by default. Stability nullifies fear, so no manner how many necros there are you’re effectively invulnerable from fear for those seconds.

Worse, Fear is the only hard CC that’s both a control effect and a condition, so it can be removed by both condition removal and stun breakers. You’re not so lucky if you’re up against 2 or more of any other class with control effects.

But no, I suppose Necro is OP if you can’t solo two of them or more. Seems legit.

Another poster who doesn’t know the/his class very well. I have seen necros (either one of the builds or something) removing stability (and probably made it into a condition or something) and then doing their rotations.

2 necros vs X, not vs 1. When did I ever claim 2 necros vs 1. Their wells are aoe, their wall is a line aoe, their alternate form in an aoe. Their attrition damage is massive, and unless I have a full cleansing CC removal, I’m stuck with weakness/torment/chilled/crippled or some crap that makes it kittening hard to chase the kitten necros.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

Is that a yes?

I guess it is.

Interesting. I wasn’t considering the protection, but there actually is a case. Not sure that it’s a good one though. You could always build a necro to be tougher than a guardian so the extra protection seems superfluous, but wards push guards over the top for bunkering. Being that spectral wall is a ward you can dodge, and they fixed jump dodging guardian wards, it seems significantly weaker.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in Necromancer

ProxyDamage.9826

Another poster who doesn’t know the/his class very well. I have seen necros (either one of the builds or something) removing stability (and probably made it into a condition or something) and then doing their rotations.

Pro tip: At least one of them is sacrificing something to remove that stability from you. Exploit that.

Comparatively, Mesmers can remove boons as well, less effectively, but without sacrificing anything, and they can also chain CC and burst more effectively.

2 necros vs X, not vs 1. When did I ever claim 2 necros vs 1. Their wells are aoe, their wall is a line aoe, their alternate form in an aoe. Their attrition damage is massive, and unless I have a full cleansing CC removal, I’m stuck with weakness/torment/chilled/crippled or some crap that makes it kittening hard to chase the kitten necros.

Pro tip #2: Necros have the worst mobility out of any class. Get more condition removal.

What class are you playing? I’ve been focusing on bunker condition ranger (trying to find a spec that works since they were nerfed to kitten) and engineers (soooo much fun with a new spec that became possible with the changes) since the patch, but I have fought them with other classes here and there, and just about any class in WvW (without foods on me for the most part, I usually just don’t bother), and I’m doing ok. Right now they’re just not free kills anymore. Now they’re an actual enemy I need to be careful with instead of casually running over, and if anything went wrong, just turn tail and run knowing they would never catch me.

Necros are soooooooo OP in PvP right now, that’s why most professional teams run 1 or none. Broken. Totally.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Look its simple: 1st time you run into the wall you take dmg, you didnt see it and what not. If you run into that same wall again why do you complain ? Its just the game telling you that you arent specially skilled. If you cant avoid or have the patience to wait those few seconds it up then its just sad, but instead you come here and complain.

ps: bet OP is a mesmer

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

1st the wall is not that big
2nd duration was lowered to 5 sec yeah it last so long
3rd you can dodge, go around it or use stability

SFR

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

if you SERIOUSLY is that dumb you can run into a wall FIVE times in a row… Oh god. The wall i sstationary, just run around it? This is as kitteneeing a guy run into a wall IRL just to get up and do it 4 more times

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Chain CCing a bot that doesn’t breakstun while using a perfect best-case scenario setup isn’t strong evidence. Try doing this against an actual player that’s going to breakstun, while there are other guys around who are going to make it extremely difficult for you to peacefully walk enemies around in fear uninterrupted.

If you find this evidence compelling, I should make a video chain CCing the mesmer bot from 100% to 0% with hammer + mace warrior in half the time. You’ll need to change your pants when you see that.

dragonbrand—

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Oh ffs, stop it already!
OMG OMG spectral wall can fear now, OP!

We can’t burst like this! So kitten with the kittening.

in Necromancer

LoneWolfie.1852

I need to facepalm every time someone posts a “can’t burst” like this BS. Your damage doesn’t come from the 10000 damage in 1 second, it comes from doing 5 seconds of controlled fear along with 10000 damage spread over 5 seconds. kitten , this is more annoying than watching D/P thieves cast their stealth rotations or watching some eles doing their superman 2 players vs zerg in wvw. Stop defending your professions like that. It makes you look really you gave an answer like 1 + 1 = 11.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

There is no difference between 1 and 5 seconds. You can cleanse backstab.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I honestly think this ability is overrated. It doesn’t activate if dropped directly on a target and it can be rolled through. It’s possible to get feared through it, but that’s not always practical and gives up fear’s strength as an interrupt.

With that said, it should be nerfed because the last thing necromancers needed prior to this patch was more crowd control. Given that, ArenaNet should make Spectral Wall apply three stacks of torment instead of fear.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

You know what people should be whining about? Weakness. Turning 5k crits into 1k glances is no joke. I may give CPC another whirl. Also, I just tried to dodge through a spectral wall and bounced off running. I guess I was lagging either yesterday or today.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

from now on, i’ll remember this thread whenever i fear a whole group off a cliff with this situational skill.

“I beg ANet to revert that skill, or at least change it to something else. It’s impossible to play PvP with that BS.
-from another profession”

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

I honestly think this ability is overrated. It doesn’t activate if dropped directly on a target and it can be rolled through. It’s possible to get feared through it, but that’s not always practical and gives up fear’s strength as an interrupt.

With that said, it should be nerfed because the last thing necromancers needed prior to this patch was more crowd control. Given that, ArenaNet should make Spectral Wall apply three stacks of torment instead of fear.

Necromancer did in fact need more CC. Now that corrupt bone doesn’t remove stability most of the time, they added fear in spectral wall as a trade off. I doubt they will nerf it. Also, torment added to spectral wall won’t fix anything. It will nerf the wrong build while Dhumfire build 30/30/10/0/0 will still do insane damage.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Oh please whine more, your tears fuel the spectral wall -_-…

People are still not used to this skill, just like everyone knows when you see a well, dodge out of it, or when you see a phantasm, destroy it quickly, or when you get immobilized by a mesmer, gtfo before you get melted by shatter build, or when you see a thief stealth, keep autoattacking while changing directions and moving…. They need to learn that seeing that wall means avoiding it by all means.

EDIT TO ADD: Also don’t forget that fear is a condition, any aoe condition removal skills will deem that useless. “Shake it off” and Traited guardian shouts are just one of many.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

(edited by Azraeel.1238)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Anet has to stop it moving so fast. How are you suppose to doge it or not walk into it over and over?

Using a very long CD skill to reapply conditions seems a bit unfair, Anet should just make us immune to all damage for a while.

Burning, what a OP condition. Soo lucky other class’s also have to spend 30 points in there power tree to get 4 sec per 10, and don’t say, apply it every auto-attack.

Oh and Life Blast, is too strong now, If a necro fights for 10-15 sec, they can do 3k attacks at close range. If you don’t hit them with damage and make DS duration shorter that’s upto 39k on a single target, when a war can only do 69k with 100 blades cleaving dam (exuding other attacks while on CD).

End Sarcasm
The err, spell effect could stand out more for spectral wall. Thick fluro green so kitten s see it easier?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Off topic:
Did you see Poplolita.2638s screenshot? Flesh golem is called Chair golem… i kinda wanna that to be a thing.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Off topic:
Did you see Poplolita.2638s screenshot? Flesh golem is called Chair golem… i kinda wanna that to be a thing.

De chair. = flesh in french. His client is in french.

in Necromancer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

I agree its good skill now and yes terrormancers use it as hell atm beacose its awsome to them but necromancers really require this skill so yes just make it so terror trait wount work on spectral wall? so it fears but does no damage? beacose condition duration dont work on it I think you still can get max 1s fear from it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Arena.Net I beg you, don’t listen to those guys. Spectral wall is good as it is if people don’t play like…

Anet balance based around the spvp QQ’ers, it’s a sure fact after 10 months of patches.

Expect Spectral Wall to be nerfed to ground like "Fixed a bug which allowed Wall to apply multiple times fear if you were dumb enough to keep bashing your head in it. "

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

I will give you the advice that has been given since the start of game whenever someone had problem with some class ability: Dodge.
But seriously spectral wall is fine in most scenarios and only very good if you use it smart or combo with other fears, it becomes OP only when specific individuals try to hit the wall as many times as they can per those 5 short seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

If spectral wall is ‘OP’, then so are the guardian’s barrier and bubble. For the record, knocking someone back as a guardian and then bubling them in a corner is quite funny, and far easier a combo to execute than trapping someone in a corner with spectral wall.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

the only needed change is to add “you shall not pass” above the wall with red or w/e is easier to see

SFR

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

As a necromancer myself, I never find myself running into others Spectral Walls, ever. To me, it does seem like a user issue. I liked the last version of it as well and usually found ways to get people in it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrakenAZ.9367

KrakenAZ.9367

Whoah-whoah-whoah! Stop the presses!

They gave necros an ability that is situationally powerful? Alert the gendarmes!