The Bazaar: Necro playground

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’ve been playing through the Bazaar on a few of my characters and I gotta say, it’s so much more fun to play it on my Necro. The 1/2-damage falling traits do nothing and it can be tricky getting from the top of the ship back to the beach without using waypoints, but as my Necro, I’ll just jump off and let my DS take the hit.

So, if you for whatever reason haven’t been using your Necro for visiting the Bazaar, I highly recommend you switch!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Spectral walk is also amazing for trying tricky jumps, and if you fail – instant do over!

I don’t use Flesh Worm a lot but it might be handy here too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Spectral walk is also amazing for trying tricky jumps, and if you fail – instant do over!

I don’t use Flesh Worm a lot but it might be handy here too.

It functions like shadowstep, so unless you can walk to the location normally, it won’t work.

Spectral Walk on the other hand, absolutely amazing for “testing” spots that you my or may not be able to jump to.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

When I occasionally jump around the bazaar with my ele, I fall now and then. Activating my DS, getting paniced because it doesn’t activate, realizing i’m not on my necro anymore, feeling my life pass before me as I continue to pummel towards the ground…
Love it!
;)

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Oh yeah, Spectral Walk is awesome as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Spectral Walk is so awesome it works like a save before every move you make, like in pokemon lmao.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Spectral Walk is so awesome it works like a save before every move you make, like in pokemon lmao.

izanagi!

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

As far as I know, DS can tank falling damage only if the damage is less than your remaining DS. If it isn’t, it kills you just as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Palmski.6419

Palmski.6419

As far as I know, DS can tank falling damage only if the damage is less than your remaining DS. If it isn’t, it kills you just as well.

I fell from the very top near the diving goggles on numerous occasions and activated DS before I hit the ground and I didn’t die. It’s been like this for a while now, it used to work the way you suggest though.

[TaG] – GH

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

The three utilities every necro should have when doing jump puzzles:

-Locust Signet for perma move speed buff.
-Spectral Walk for an instead “do-over” trick on risky/tricky spots. Either/Both Spectral traits to make this even better.
-Flesh Wurm in case your LifeForce runs dry you can just quick cast/kill the Wurm for just enough LF to go into DS if there is nothing nearby to kill.

With these three and DivingShroud, we are the masters of any puzzle.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

No, Shroud makes your regular hp pool immune to falling damage.

Actually, sometimes JPs are harder with speed buffs on you.

-Flesh Wurm in case your LifeForce runs dry you can just quick cast/kill the Wurm for just enough LF to go into DS if there is nothing nearby to kill.

Which can also be done with the Flesh Golem, Bone Fiend and Shadow Fiend.

in Necromancer

ReMortis.4287

Actually, sometimes JPs are harder with speed buffs on you.

Only if you are inexperienced at with running it in puzzles. Once you get used to it, ALL puzzles are much easier. I suggest every necro use it until they are used to doing jumping with it.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Spectral Walk also allows necromancers to jump from high places without dying or even taking a hit on their life force.
Just jump, when you get close to the ground, use spectral walk and spectral recall immediately after it. You’ll reach the ground as if you’ve fallen from where you triggered spectral walk.
You’ll feel like a vampire jumping from high places

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Nope, it can block any amount of falling damage with any amount of Life Force (as long as you have enough to activate DS, of course). The only falls it CAN’T save you from are falls into bottomless pits that cause you to zone.

Glorious, isn’t it?

Spectral Walk also allows necromancers to jump from high places without dying or even taking a hit on their life force.
Just jump, when you get close to the ground, use spectral walk and spectral recall immediately after it. You’ll reach the ground as if you’ve fallen from where you triggered spectral walk.

Holy kitten, that’s amazing. I just tested this and it is AWESOME. Our master of jumping from high places without dying never ceases to amaze me.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I have to try this. I’ve already gotten all the crystals in the Bazaar (with many thanks to DS), but I may try a few of the tricky ones with the Spectral Walk.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

i knew this but… knowing that we are in the focus of the fire in every situation (you know we are in a fight with other processions and ourselves sayig we are op, this and that…)
ive never even told it to my guild….

would be cool if we just shhh

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

To be fair DS started off with the survive any jump while in DS then ANET changed it so we couldnt do it then they changed it back to its survive any fall.

But yeah DS + Spectral walk rox there, only thing missing would be mesmer portal

in Necromancer

ReMortis.4287

Hopefully this won’t be cause for ANet to suddenly “fix” the mechanics of DS and SW to completely kill their benefits in jump puzzles for us necromancers.

I am The No.