The Frustrating Part...

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

…of playing a tanky Necro is when you run into certain Thief and Mesmer builds. Not only do they do orders of magnitude more damage running their zerker/rampager builds, but with their evasion/stealth/invis/clone target drop/etc. they can effectively avoid more damage than all the Toughness/Vitality/Lifesteal/Deathshroud could ever hope to mitigate. They get to have their cake and eat it too, and we’re stuck with a picture of a cake from the menu. Why is Anet so reluctant on the Necro buffs?

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Becose Anet think that give necro Aoe dps/condi is all what this calss need. Necro is great in Aoe in PVE, and in zergs in wvsw- with class are not great in zergs where numbers counts?. No matter that this class is not competitive to other in mobility, single target dps, heal ability, escape ability, etc.- its the crapest class in roaming and a free kill to most pvper (if they lose – can always run- no kill no points. If necro is going to lose he die), its the easiest class to focus fire in group fight- stability?? where? no? ok you to slow to run , so cc, pig/pong play, DEAD.
So enjoy necro in pve, becose here he dont looks so bad, but for other game type use other , more competentive class.
Thats why i play most mesmer in wvsw now-becose Necro is HOPELESS here.

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

^ kitten necro isn’t hopeless.. Whining about thing we don’t have is easy, get experienced in the things we do have is something else. Kinda sad that you say this about your own profession.
Thieves and Mesmers just got an advantage because of all these things (I dislike stealth the most) , BUT, if you spend more time duelling/battling these professions you can learn yourself what to do when they pop up and how you deal with em..
If you don’t want to get armor damage, go to spvp to learn the mechanics of the profession you fight against .. This is a big advantage, knowing what your enemy is capable of..

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

^ kitten necro isn’t hopeless.. Whining about thing we don’t have is easy, get experienced in the things we do have is something else. Kinda sad that you say this about your own profession.
Thieves and Mesmers just got an advantage because of all these things (I dislike stealth the most) , BUT, if you spend more time duelling/battling these professions you can learn yourself what to do when they pop up and how you deal with em..
If you don’t want to get armor damage, go to spvp to learn the mechanics of the profession you fight against .. This is a big advantage, knowing what your enemy is capable of..

i’ve killed countless mesmers and thieves. and it was not because of my advantages. it was because they failed to exploit theirs. necromancer’s advantage is damage mitigation(conditions are damage, transferring them is part of mitigation). that is all we have to go with in any fight. hammer warrior? 90% of the time you’re kitten’d. daze spam thieves? have fun. we have no escapes(lolfleshwurm)

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

I main a mesmer, but have recently taken a break from that class to play on my necro. Falcon says it best. Complaining isn’t going to get you anywhere. If your build isn’t optimized for what you want then craft builds in hotm until it does. Test it in spvp and dueling. Once you feel comfortable in tpvp and are getting at least 50% wins in dueling then you have found a good build.

It also helps to know your opponent. If you’ve enough toughness verse a thief you should be able to avoid being two shot. Keep moving and slowly casting marks or aoe spells to dictate the battle landscape. For mesmers you need to be able to both kill phantasms and maintain pressure on the mesmer at the same time. Mesmers often apply a constant stream of conditions so you need to keep those off. Also, learn to dodge phantasm spells.

Both thieves and mesmer are the most mobile class in the game while in combat. Therefore, don’t worry if you don’t get a kill. Warding them off is typically a victory. Granted, MH Dagger 3 (dark pact) is pretty effective at catching runners.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

i’ve killed countless mesmers and thieves. and it was not because of my advantages. it was because they failed to exploit theirs. necromancer’s advantage is damage mitigation(conditions are damage, transferring them is part of mitigation). that is all we have to go with in any fight. hammer warrior? 90% of the time you’re kitten’d. daze spam thieves? have fun. we have no escapes(lolfleshwurm)

I know what you mean, but that’s easy because they failed, but The problems start when an enemy doesn’t fail his advantages and can use his strategy and skill rotation as they want.. Then you need to counter them..
• Terror
• Flesh Wurm: might sound as a bad escape.. But not for me as I am a MM
• Spectral Armor / Spectral walk → prefer spectral walk because of switfness and teleport
• well of power can be used as a lifesaver,
→ everything is situation-bound, and reaction-bound.. Just seek-out these hammer warriors and duel them to get experience; what to do and what not to do !

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

I main a mesmer, but have recently taken a break from that class to play on my necro. Falcon says it best. Complaining isn’t going to get you anywhere. If your build isn’t optimized for what you want then craft builds in hotm until it does. Test it in spvp and dueling. Once you feel comfortable in tpvp and are getting at least 50% wins in dueling then you have found a good build.

It also helps to know your opponent. If you’ve enough toughness verse a thief you should be able to avoid being two shot. Keep moving and slowly casting marks or aoe spells to dictate the battle landscape. For mesmers you need to be able to both kill phantasms and maintain pressure on the mesmer at the same time. Mesmers often apply a constant stream of conditions so you need to keep those off. Also, learn to dodge phantasm spells.

Both thieves and mesmer are the most mobile class in the game while in combat. Therefore, don’t worry if you don’t get a kill. Warding them off is typically a victory. Granted, MH Dagger 3 (dark pact) is pretty effective at catching runners.

And also : Dark Path (Ds 2)
and ofcourse : CHAAARGEEEEEEEE! (Flesh golem active skill – unless they got that stability thingy)

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Charge is great, since people usually dodge from your casting animation and don’t dodge the Golem.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Therefore, don’t worry if you don’t get a kill. Warding them off is typically a victory.

It’s a victory in sPVP, but a loss in WvW, where terrain is king. That is the hard part for Anet to balance in this game, outcomes mean such different things in different parts of the game.

If you run off a mobile class in WvW, they still to get to accomplish their objective often, come back and attack your dolyak / camp / tag your tower. Or simply re-engage and attack you over and over once they heal up and until they get lucky. Of course the people than run and never come back, you don’t get a spike, token, or points.

Necro needs far more lockdown capacity if we aren’t going to get mobility or stability ourselves, which is something they claimed we are supposed to have in the philosophy for our class, but they have just failed utterly to deliver. It gets old seeing Thieves, Mesmers, and moronic spinning warriors, racing away from lost fights over and over.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stillmoon.6894

Stillmoon.6894

ha? really?
i play necro and roam alone all the time and most people run away when they see me because i have owned them too many times so they tend to stay away.

it is true that the most irritating aspect of playing a necro is that other class can disengage easily but we cant (have to waste 2 slot for utilites for locust signet and spectral walk just to keep up + one irreplaceable slot for epidemic virtually giving us no other choice for utilities) and a net is not going to fix that anytime soon. so i guess we have to deal with it. bad (or good) thing about necro is we always endure no matter what nerfs they throw at us.

“Dream and hope sundered my world, it will no longer wreak such sorrow”

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

Therefore, don’t worry if you don’t get a kill. Warding them off is typically a victory.

It’s a victory in sPVP, but a loss in WvW, where terrain is king. That is the hard part for Anet to balance in this game, outcomes mean such different things in different parts of the game.

If you run off a mobile class in WvW, they still to get to accomplish their objective often, come back and attack your dolyak / camp / tag your tower. Or simply re-engage and attack you over and over once they heal up and until they get lucky. Of course the people than run and never come back, you don’t get a spike, token, or points.

Necro needs far more lockdown capacity if we aren’t going to get mobility or stability ourselves, which is something they claimed we are supposed to have in the philosophy for our class, but they have just failed utterly to deliver. It gets old seeing Thieves, Mesmers, and moronic spinning warriors, racing away from lost fights over and over.

As a MM I can apply 3 times immobilize , cripply, chill, … Ever seen a warrior use his gs 5 / 3 when he’s chilled ? Look and laugh

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

ha? really?
i play necro and roam alone all the time and most people run away when they see me because i have owned them too many times so they tend to stay away.

it is true that the most irritating aspect of playing a necro is that other class can disengage easily but we cant (have to waste 2 slot for utilites for locust signet and spectral walk just to keep up + one irreplaceable slot for epidemic virtually giving us no other choice for utilities) and a net is not going to fix that anytime soon. so i guess we have to deal with it. bad (or good) thing about necro is we always endure no matter what nerfs they throw at us.

What if.
• Drop signet of the locust
• Spectrall walk for running / stun breaking / tricking enemies
• Do not feel ‘forced’ that you HAVE TO USE those utility slots for that utility because you’re bad otherwise..

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stillmoon.6894

Stillmoon.6894

do you think i don’t try other combination? i have tried others but in the end i keep getting snagged back into spectral walk, signet of locust and epidemic.
not equipping signet of locust is one of many reason many people complain about warrior (you move faster in combat one of the reason in equip it in the 1st place)
spectral walk is there to get to places ( if you said use warhorn, you are one of the necro i use frequently as a floor mat)
epidemic……….. nuff said

i roam alone and by alone i mean all by yourself so i need a build that have very high mobility and i am forced to use those utility as a result. other class doesn’t need too waste so much utility slot on mobility skill ( i waste 2 and i am not as fast as warrior, mesmer or thief) and that is a problem we have as a necro

(1600 hours on one profession doesn’t make you know everything)

“Dream and hope sundered my world, it will no longer wreak such sorrow”

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I use Spectral Wall, Well of Corruption, and Signet of the Locust when I roam. It’s very rare that I miss having a stunbreak, since I always have Fleshie or Plague.

Haven’t had many issues.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

The problem is that i know Necro too well in wvsw (more than 1,5k hours play this class there). I tested all builds and stuff for this class and hose 3 builds/set of stuff with i like most. So ofc when i move alone and see enemy he in 90% will run. If the enemy will start atack me there is a 80% chance that their frends wil come in short time. Even with the most mobile build on spectrals i am not viable to run from bad fight, and can only fight/die there if no help come or not close tower/keep. I tell here only when fighting good pvper- when fight bad i can fight vs 2 or 3 and win or have chance to run sometimes when goes bad.
Necro is my main, but there i make other classes. I test Mesmer most and try his capabilities. Its like other game i play here.
With mesmer i have not so problems here- i can engage and disengage fight whenewer i wish. The enemys are not viable to kill me if i dont play stupid like a monkey. And the most sad is that necros are the easiest to kill here for me (almost free kill ). Why in group fight most players (me to) focus on necro first?- becose its the easiest class to kill here.
End of story.

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, I’m all up for the no escape.

The things I think are unfair, is the lack of endurance regen/vigor/block/invul. (More in PvE but still, avoiding a damage spike after 25sec is something we just can’t do.)
The HUGE one tho, is the way CC hurts us worse than others on top.
I do love the ‘aggressive defense’, where we build defense by attacking. The problem is, CC stops this.

I’d love to see a trait or skill that, worked like spectral, giving us life force for damage, but triggered when we get CC’ed.

As it stands, CC & focus the necro, cause they easiest to kill.

The other thing, is they have really removed 1v group. Before spectral used to gen life force more with more people beating on us. Making it max % per second, means that were best fighting only 1 at a time for defense. Same with removing DS usage as a block. We have had any of our group burst mitigation removed. Even our trait that allows us to give AoE weakness on DS, is getting nerfed.

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Well i dont Wvw to begin with so i dont care but as far as i know necro in Spvp is actualy prety OP. even the DS spec is a danger and long as you have some backup near you you can easily take on a squad and take them down within second.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: honovi.7893

honovi.7893

Why is Anet so reluctant on the Necro buffs?

Attachments:

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Why are people talking trash about flesh wurm… it’s a fantastic stunbreak.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Why are people talking trash about flesh wurm… it’s a fantastic stunbreak.

It’s nice but… The amount of time it ‘fizz’ fails if your standing on a rock, or there’s a blade of grass in the way.
The huge CD, how many time’s can a CC warrior CC you in it’s CD?
It’s pre-setup that kinda give’s away where your teleing too.
That it can simply be killed to remove escape. Ok not really a issue as it’s more effort than just CC’ing us again….

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Flesh wurm isn’t that “fantastic” of a stun break… It is a stun break that has a 1.5 sec pre-cast requirement, decently long CD, only good in a minion build (or at least, for the most part), and doesn’t even act like a portal, which it really should. :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

The inherent problem with stealth and disengages is they can fight who they can beat and avoid those they can’t. We have to fight those we can beat AND those we can’t. Generally those we could beat use said disengage. I’m left pretty much smacking around overconfident hammer warriors (foot in the grave) and other Necros. And Baddie Rangers, there’s a lot of them, but those who know the class? Good luck.

The Frustrating Part...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Flesh worm is fine if it wasnt for the problem that many necro skills have bad values in cd or casttime or both.