The Idea of Chill Damage is Moronic !

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeavyVee.2453

HeavyVee.2453

Hey,

Chill by it self does two things, slow you down by 66% and increase cooldowns by 66%, and to add a freaking 500 damage (700-800 with might) on top of that is just insane.

Now you have THREE things in one condition. and necro has PLENTY of chilling skills with long durations, don’t forget any chill combo the necro does also do damage.. and auras gained form eles do damage too.

It is dumbfire allover again!

Arenanet you have to choose what takeout form chill because it is too kitten broken.

Thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thanks for reminding me I need to respec my Necro and look at new sigils/runes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Hey,

Chill by it self does two things, slow you down by 66% and increase cooldowns by 66%, and to add a freaking 500 damage (700-800 with might) on top of that is just insane.

Now you have THREE things in one condition. and necro has PLENTY of chilling skills with long durations, don’t forget any chill combo the necro does also do damage.. and auras gained form eles do damage too.

Arenanet you have to choose what takeout form chill because it is too kitten broken.

Thanks.

‘Now you THREE things in one condition…when combined with a grandmaster trait.’

Necro lacks mobility, disengage, active defenses, non-might boons generally…

Would trade chill damage for almost any of that. OK. GG. Chill damage is fine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tanought.5428

Tanought.5428

Played Condi necrosis for the first time the other day….

It’s broken. So easy to button mash and watch everyone around just die, or clear the condis only to have them reapplied just as quick.

It’s silly to try and defend it, it’s broken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

What they need to do is fix chill damage... why doesn’t it stack like burn damage already wtf anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

What inspired you to make this? Curious.

Played Condi necrosis for the first time the other day….

It’s broken. So easy to button mash and watch everyone around just die, or clear the condis only to have them reapplied just as quick.

It’s silly to try and defend it, it’s broken.

I do fine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

So why are you complaining ?

As a Necro in PVE what’s the problem?
If it’s a problem in PVP – see PvP threads all about it.

If it’s a profession breaking mechanic only which makes no Sense – goes in Nexro forum .

Chill makes sense to do dmg….if you think about it necros are the master of death which if any ghost story’s will tell you things get very cold before spooky things happen.
Frostbite hurts …try telling me at -20 a chill isn’t going to hurt (it won’t kill you instantly).
So some of our more experienced necros are more in tune with the deadly spirits and can cast a strong chilling effect ..whoo hoo light a fire turn and put a blanket on.

Oh wait the fire got gusted out by the wind, and then some rain comes along magically cleansing water from the sky out of nowhere. Then the heat gets turned up and a tornado of fire appears and the ghosts vanish – I ain’t afraid of no ghost !

Who you gonna call ?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Who you gonna call ?

Gostbusters

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

in Necromancer

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

Who you gonna call ?

Gostbusters

HE-MAN

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

What they need to do is fix chill damage… why doesn’t it stack like burn damage already wtf anet.

Because without the grandmaster trait, it’s not a damaging condition, so the base condition is only useful if it stacks duration, like cripple and weakness. The damage is useful, but not something to change the entire mechanic of the chill condition over, especially when you remember that other people can also apply chill but it won’t do damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

This is clearly another OP who doesn’t fully understand the condition damaging part of this and calls it broken and needing a nerf.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

In all fairness, Chill is extremely punishing as a standalone condition: It keeps players from moving, keeps them from using skills, and with the addition of a Grandmaster trait, it also kills them! If you were to ask me, I think they should look into modifying the movement speed reduction from 66% down to 33%, making Cripple the go-to movement impairing condition, as you would probably expect it to be.

With that said, Necros still fall short to the same slew of getting kited, getting CC locked, and getting trained. It’s not the worst balance on the planet that if you give a Necro room to breathe, they can appropriately punish you. If you want to kill a Reaper, simply drain their shroud through educated disengages, and apply non-stop pressure to the “Human” form.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

If you take away the damage in pvp, you are also taking away the damage in pve, which would make it totally useless, and nobody would use reaper in pve anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I don’t agree with the OP, but I would like to point out that ds/RS shouldn’t be overlooked as “active defense” skills. 70-80% of our health pool right there.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Necromancer

Posted by: kreven.6017

kreven.6017

um no defensive utility? necro has a shout “rise up that makes my sd teef autos his 600” :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I don’t agree with the OP, but I would like to point out that ds/RS shouldn’t be overlooked as “active defense” skills. 70-80% of our health pool right there.

But it doesnt stop you from taking damage nor does it scale with the number of people fighting you. Compared to any other form of defence shroud pales. We have no form of invuln, block or high levels of mobility and evasion. Necro are still the number one focus target because of this reason. Unless you have good team mates to peel for yu.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Rise is good against power damage but the minions are eaten alive by condi unless the necro runs death magic, and you don’t see that except for MM’s. And rise still doesn’t render us immune to any form of damage like a block or invuln, it just makes it hurt less, so no, I don’t consider that a defensive utility like blocks etc. Shroud is the same way: not immune to damage, just a bigger sponge. And in shroud we have no access to any utilities or heal. We have Rs2 as a gap closer and that’s it. Why do you think everyone kites a reaper in shroud: because he loses near ALL pressure capabilities if he’s not in melee and has only one way of getting back in melee aside from walking at the slow necro pace we’re known for.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Reading this makes me believe the top tPvP groups will be filled with Necromancers because Necro is just too awesome.

Seriously, the one thing I can think of to make chill Kinder is for Deathly Chill to convert chill into direct damage instead of condition damage

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

um no defensive utility? necro has a shout “rise up that makes my sd teef autos his 600” :/

Nobody ever said anything about zero defensive utility. I said that Necro lacks active defenses.

Lack: to be without or deficient in something (especially in a comparative sense)

If DS/RS and “Rise!” are the best examples anyone can throw at me then, /sigh+:(

Active defenses would be like CPC, or…uhm…errr..yeah, nvm. :/

Scrapper can’t even sneeze withought passively popping an ‘active defense’. O.o

(edited by Tman.6349)

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

Now it easy to say that condi Necro is a ‘condi spamfest’ (makes sense). It is, however, absolutely no Necros’ fault that the game has shifted towards a power/rotations Meta. It is good for Necros, though, that this encouraged so many people to run with personal/selfish and sometimes minimal condi clear. Now Necro has somewhat of a ‘fighting chance’ in teamfights where we used to avoid them like the plague (ba-dum-shii! Hehe). If you think Chill damage is breaking all the things, then ask yourself what are it’s counters and why wouldn’t there be more of them in builds…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Deathly Chill should work just like Unstable Affliction - not greatest damage (I would say ~ 250-300 damage with Mercenary’s+Nightmare setup), but bringing punishment in form of spike damage whenever conditions are cleansed from target.

It would have to be different for PvE or just straight damage like right now, but I would gladly see something like this in PvP. Not easy-kill condition, but condition allowing Necromancer to stack his primary conditions and punishing target for constant cleansing.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

If you take away the damage in pvp, you are also taking away the damage in pve, which would make it totally useless, and nobody would use reaper in pve anymore.

I would. Decimate Defenses is my favorite trait from the whole reaper traitline. Deathly Chill is just some extra damage, but doesn’t come close to what I do with constant crits.
Valkyrie Armor, berserker/valkyrie trinkets, and berserker weapons (cuz I don’t need as much precision thanks to that trait, and I hit almost 100% crit real fast).

in Necromancer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I would. Decimate Defenses is my favorite trait from the whole reaper traitline. Deathly Chill is just some extra damage, but doesn’t come close to what I do with constant crits.
Valkyrie Armor, berserker/valkyrie trinkets, and berserker weapons (cuz I don’t need as much precision thanks to that trait, and I hit almost 100% crit real fast).

Maybe I need to check that one out, then.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

When I was playing my thief I hated deathly chill. Hide in Shadows doesn’t remove it. So now I have to choose between either giving up reduced CD for HiS to get the extra condi cleanse or pick up Withdraw without the trait or pick up withdraw and build around tricks so taking the trait is worth it. but tricks suck other then withdraw so

its a no win.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I’ve thought it was moronic because of the low cap (5 stacks) that it has. I’ve been of the mind that it should do something like your chills apply some other damaging conditions like poison of bleeds. Definitely changes a lot though, but it’s frustrating how hard it is to do any chill damage on a world boss.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Hey,

Thanks.

‘Now you THREE things in one condition…when combined with a grandmaster trait.’

So a thief?

You should play that.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaF.9503

DaF.9503

Still a better idea then evades that hit for 10 times as much

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Rise gets mulched by any kind of AoE tho

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

Rise gets mulched by any kind of AoE tho

this wasn’t just “Rise!” against a Thief dagger auto reducing it to 600. Weakness was definitely involved. It was either two utilities or one utility+two stong staff skills, or they were running curses. In any of these three scenarios, "Rise!’ is NOT OP in 1v1s…

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Bah no worries op. Keep on crying and ANET will eventually give you a pacifier.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

Oh poor baby, sounds like people wanna endless free stomp on necros like in the past. .L2P OP L2p. Hint: try using a cleanse or heal or maybe even a dodge roll or maybe look at your build and use your brain to come up with something that might help you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Oh poor baby, sounds like people wanna endless free stomp on necros like in the past. .L2P OP L2p. Hint: try using a cleanse or heal or maybe even a dodge roll or maybe look at your build and use your brain to come up with something that might help you.

To be fair I don’t think a few dodges will help against a wanderers necro, the chill uptime is huge. I did some calculations and I came on a theoretical 325% uptime, mind you if you have 72,33% chill duration any chill applied is entitled to last long. So even if you can shave off 225% you’re still at 100% uptime.
The cleanse and build thing is to be quite honest the biggest thing. Most classes traded their condition cleansing capabilities for their elite specs. On top of that these classes are still quite boon reliant. So what you get is matchup between a class with boons and ‘low’ condi cleanse versus a class which removes boons and has a lot of conditions. So they start with a big handicap.

EverythingOP