The Incoming 'Fix'

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Starting a betting-pool on what the ‘fix’ will be:

I say: Paralysation Sigil will no longer work with Fear.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

The best fix would be for our Axe to do a cleave damage.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Wouldn’t that also mean Runes of Melandru won’t be 50% fear reduction, bringing it down to 25%.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

100% agree. Its a bit ridiculous that our melee weapons are only single target when so much of the game is fighting multiple targets…and every other class’ melee weapons hit multiple targets.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

I feel like this thread is missing context.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

100% agree. Its a bit ridiculous that our melee weapons are only single target when so much of the game is fighting multiple targets…and every other class’ melee weapons hit multiple targets.

Axe has 600 Range. It’s not even close to melee.
Dagger’s auto-attack is melee so I guess it could get cleave, but I’m doubting it.
…but if we ever get a Sword, GS or Hammer in the future I’d bet that it has cleave.

On topic:
Yeah I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if they changed that.
Melandru runes and Sigil of paralyzation are both causing some problems to Fear.

Benight[Edge]

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

Dagger’s auto-attack is melee so I guess it could get cleave, but I’m doubting it.
…but if we ever get a Sword, GS or Hammer in the future I’d bet that it has cleave.

On topic:
Melandru runes and Sigil of paralyzation are both causing some problems to Fear.

Dagger will never have a cleave, because it can crit up to 4k using nothing but autoattack. Plus the animation of the dagger looks set for a single target. Where as Axe has a wider range with a huge slash going across… makes more sense.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

On topic:

Dagger will never have a cleave, because it can crit up to 4k using nothing but autoattack. Plus the animation of the dagger looks set for a single target. Where as Axe has a wider range with a huge slash going across… makes more sense.

As I said I doubt the Dagger will get cleave.
Thieves have cleave with Dagger auto-attack, but their’s deals less damage.

Axe makes even less sense.
Cleaving is a property that only exists on melee weapons.
If the Axe got to hit multiple targets it’d be called AoE and be subject to 5 target limit on a circle, rather than 3 targets directly in front of the user.

Benight[Edge]

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

They dont. Only their sword has cleave.

btw, what is this mentioned fix youre talking about? Link?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

I believe Cempa is drawing attention to the fact that with all these QQ posts in the Necro forums lately, that soon there will be incoming ‘fixes’ to the believed overpowered new builds that suddenly popped into peoples heads with the recent updates.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

On topic:

If the Axe got to hit multiple targets it’d be called AoE and be subject to 5 target limit on a circle, rather than 3 targets directly in front of the user.

Oh man, you got so many things wrong in there:

1- Thief’s dagger does not cleave, it is single target.
2- Warriors use Axe, and they hit almost all around, not just 3 in front of them.
3- If you think of the Necromancer’s Axe effect/animation, it is sending out claws that deals damage to the enemy. Although you are doing it from distance, your claws are in melee.

So i still think it makes more sense with the Axe.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

On topic:

Warriors axe auto attack hits that hard.

Stuff goes here.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

On topic:

Warriors axe auto attack hits that hard.

True, just not as fast.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

True, just not as fast.

Not as fast as a dagger, no, but it is fairly fast.

Necromancers do need a cleave weapon, however. We are the only class to not have one. I also agree that it shouldn’t be the dagger. We still need a power based single target DPS weapon. Frankly, if we ever do get a cleave weapon, its going to need to be on a completely new weapon, like a sword or greatsword, or perhaps greataxe if they ever add it. Personally, I want to see necros with greatsword at some point, but thats just wishful thinking on my part.

Stuff goes here.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

Staff hits multiple targets if lined up… that’s all you have to work with and it will probably stick to that. (not counting traited LB)

They could make axe hit 3 targets in a 45 degree 600 range cone but the damage would probably get nerfed to compensate, AOE vulnerability with that dps at range is probably over the top.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

Yeah! Have a Greatsword, with the #2 key as ‘Hundred Claws’ and it will do damage like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmXQvcUfkk

:) haha jks

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

Staff hits multiple targets if lined up… that’s all you have to work with and it will probably stick to that. (not counting traited LB)

They could make axe hit 3 targets in a 45 degree 600 range cone but the damage would probably get nerfed to compensate, AOE vulnerability with that dps at range is probably over the top.

What damage man? The axe autoattack damage already sucks. I do around 1200 critical in power build. But I do agree with the 3 targets suggestion.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Humorless.1573

What damage man? The axe autoattack damage already sucks. I do around 1200 critical in power build. But I do agree with the 3 targets suggestion.

Because #2 would probably end up with the same 3-target limit and axe DPS would make dagger useless for anything but #3.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

Well, it is impossible to make #2 cleave, unless your axe would magically split into 3 and attack their targets :P. Lets stick to autoattack for now

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

cleave is not needed imho. Necros have already strong AoE power.

Dropping a well, unholy feast, locust swarm and DS4 & 5 and watch things melt in seconds.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Humorless.1573

Well, it is impossible to make #2 cleave, unless your axe would magically split into 3 and attack their targets :P. Lets stick to autoattack for now

Your axe is flailing around in open space in front of you and you’re wondering how it would magically hit 3 targets?

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Probably lower the DS damage.. I heard people hitting for 9-10k. Thats like 10k DPS right there, and dont forget fear and burning aswell. If something needs fixing thats it. I do not want to play necro if its look upon as freaking OP

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

True that Axe flails in front of you, but it is too “small” to hit 3 :P

Probably lower the DS damage.. I heard people hitting for 9-10k. Thats like 10k DPS right there, and dont forget fear and burning aswell. If something needs fixing thats it. I do not want to play necro if its look upon as freaking OP

Don’t play a necro then, and nobody wants suggestions from someone who never tried them. So have a nice trip out of our forums.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

On topic:

2- Warriors use Axe, and they hit almost all around, not just 3 in front of them.
3- If you think of the Necromancer’s Axe effect/animation, it is sending out claws that deals damage to the enemy. Although you are doing it from distance, your claws are in melee.

1. I guess I just remembered wrong about Dagger, I usually use Sword on my Thief.
My bad.

2. With the spin maybe, if it’s auto-attack hits more than 3 then it’s bugged and should be reported.
The actual cleave mechanic is limited to melee range and 3 targets.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleave

3. The closest thing to a “ranged cleave” are Guardian’s spirit weapons, but they are actual summons that get in melee range and start using melee on enemies.
That, and a few attacks that get extended to around ~ 400 range.

If the Necro’s Axe got cleave then it’d be the first ranged weapon to use that mechanic.
I suppose it’s possible that they’ll add it as an exception, but I wouldn’t hold my hopes too high about it.

Benight[Edge]

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

On topic:

1. I guess I just remembered wrong about Dagger, I usually use Sword on my Thief.
My bad.

2. With the spin maybe, if it’s auto-attack hits more than 3 then it’s bugged and should be reported.
The actual cleave mechanic is limited to melee range and 3 targets.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleave

3. The closest thing to a “ranged cleave” are Guardian’s spirit weapons, but they are actual summons that get in melee range and start using melee on enemies.
That, and a few attacks that get extended to around ~ 400 range.

If the Necro’s Axe got cleave then it’d be the first ranged weapon to use that mechanic.
I suppose it’s possible that they’ll add it as an exception, but I wouldn’t hold my hopes too high about it.

the closest thing to a ranged cleave might be guardians staff…which has 600 range,, same as our axe.
I think a little AoE on Axe#1 at least wouldnt hurt.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If they nerf DS damage Necro will be so far behind other classes in potential damage that you may aswell just delete them. 10k dps is lower than most classes current dps and you cant even reliably achieve that with DS. Dagger warhorn/focus is more damage and more reliable than DS.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I doubt Necromancer will get Cleave. Necro’s axe is a Vulnerability application and channelling weapon. The third skill cripples and procs Retaliation so there is already an AoE for it that is loosely similar to Cleave.

To me, axe seems made for MM. It is almost a group support weapon – apply Vulnerability for your minions, tank for your minions, and increase LF for DS. Adding Cleave should mean giving up one of the current skills but each are distintly Necromancer. You can always hope, though.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Axe got aoe boon stripping in the patch, thats a pretty nice buff already.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: SnyderHall.7263

SnyderHall.7263

I don’t think people understand what damage per second means.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Humorless.1573

And something in that little brain told you 9-10k is something every necro pulls without either being glass cannon or the target being debuffed enough to get oneshot by a thief?

And I’m very sure every individual complaining about life blast damage is stupid enough to sit within 600 range without endurance/cc.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

I doubt Necromancer will get Cleave. Necro’s axe is a Weakness application and channelling weapon. The third skill feeds LF and procs Retaliation so there is already an AoE for it that is loosely similar to Cleave.

To me, axe seems made for MM. It is almost a group support weapon – apply Weakness for your minions, tank for your minions, and increase LF for DS. Adding Cleave should mean giving up one of the current skills but each are distintly Necromancer. You can always hope, though.

1.It doesnt apply weakness. It applies vulnerability
2.Axe#3 doesnt provide any Life force. Maybe youre mixing it up with Scepter#3?

Gunnar’s Hold

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

I doubt Necromancer will get Cleave. Necro’s axe is a Weakness application and channelling weapon. The third skill feeds LF and procs Retaliation so there is already an AoE for it that is loosely similar to Cleave.

To me, axe seems made for MM. It is almost a group support weapon – apply Weakness for your minions, tank for your minions, and increase LF for DS. Adding Cleave should mean giving up one of the current skills but each are distintly Necromancer. You can always hope, though.

its me or youre wrong? the last time i saw necros axe’s skill 1 it i saw it was VULNERABILITY not weakness o.o?

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

1.It doesnt apply weakness. It applies vulnerability
2.Axe#3 doesnt provide any Life force. Maybe youre mixing it up with Scepter#3?

axe2 does

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Ok. I fixed my post. So much for writing on forums on a cell between meetings at work.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: manekineko.3490

manekineko.3490

The new cleave weapon: scythe?

But for reals, a cleave weapon would make me stop playing my alts all the time. (Oh yeah, and the staff fix we keep bringing up xD)

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

Fear is a condition and stun, it can be cleansed and stunbroken. Therefore it would only be fair that Fear benefits from Condition duration and Stun duration.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: flyingfox.6150

flyingfox.6150

So much wrong here….the staff should be the cleaving melee weapon…errr…Scythe animation anyone? #1 on staff already gives a scythe graphic, why not just make it the actual 2 handed cleaving weapon unique to the Necromancer?

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Hopefully they will fix Corrupt Boon to not be so kitten tempermental.

Also a cleave on axe or dagger would be really helpful for PVE.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

If they changed Paralyzation to not increase Fear then they would have to reword every stun and stun-breaker in-game.

If it can be removed with a stun-breaker, then its a stun and therefore should be affected by Paralyzation.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Makes no sense.

Fear is a stun and is broken BY stun breaks, so why in the world would they introduce a inconsistent rule where a stun duration sigil would not help a stun.

I think the Spectral Wall might be the culprit, not sure we need a fear there. No one asked for it, and it might be overkill on sources.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

I love the Fear on Spectral Wall, but I wouldn’t mind too much if it’s duration was halved. (If it’s deemed necessary)
It’d be less useful for Terror builds but still useful for controlling people’s movement.
I particularly like it vs Mesmer illusions because if a Mesmer uses shatter too far from you you can use the wall and the illusions run against it repeatedly.

I think it was mainly intended to be Necro’s version of Line of Warding, but the Fear duration on it is so high that you can increase the damage from Fear chains quite a bit with it.

Still, I’d rather wait a month or two to see how it all plays out.
People seem so sure that Necros are now OP in PvP, but I remember people thinking 100blades was OP before they learned to counter it.
“OMG 30K damage srsly Anet?!”

Benight[Edge]

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

How DA fuk did this thread become a discussion on Axe and cleaving weapons.

You guys don’t have a clue huh

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: flyingfox.6150

flyingfox.6150

It was the cooler topic to discuss.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

I don’t think people understand what damage per second means.

Thank you. 10k dps… what…

Just like majority of people saying rofl/lol etc have no bloody idea what it actually stands for… which is sad. And that goes for majority of internet specific nonsense.

The Incoming 'Fix'

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

To figure dps, add up 2 minutes worth of full combat damage so you account for cool down timers and divide by 120 seconds. That is sustained dps. Another way is to use the time from the start of an elite utility to when it is next available.