The New Legendary Staff

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Did u all see the New Legendary Staff skin, with Crows flying above it as particle effects and the Crow sitting on its branch when stoved ? This SCREAMS Necro all over dosent it ?

Why Anet do u do this to a non-PvE player… this is a must haave Why ?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

My farming life fore the next 3 months after HOT lol. The axe and pistol also look awesome.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

They enjoy seeing your suffering! :P

On a serious note, I do like it, it does just ooze necroness, but I’ll stick with my shadow staff for now as I like how the shadow effects sort of just form out out the staff. Still, that staff will look awesome for reaper. Not big on the light wing when drawn but can live with it. Good for shaman necros i guess.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

I like it but that light wing kills it for my necro
On the other hand, my dark guardian will be surely pleased

~ The light of a new day

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

My thoughts exactly. They should have added dark aura, considering they said the new legendaries would be the opposite of the current ones. Of course they won’t change it and I will stick with Deathwish/Final Rest.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Indeed a “dark” staff would have been better… still wait for necro’s weapon…

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I see it more as a ranger (druid) weapon, with a branch and a crow, this screams “nature magic” to me…

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

nah Crow is one of the so called"harbringers" or dark animals together with Wolf,Goat,Rat,Bat and maybe Snake… Crow is perfect for Necromancer.

and not fan of the Light Glow either but the particle effects of cloud and crows is to much to turn down.. gonna be painful to get this tho with my Fractal lvl of 1

Servant of Dhuum

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Finally a necro staff! I just wish we could change that blue glow to another color.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

To be fair, everyone has to do every game mode to get this. WvW and PvP are needed for the gift. And they removed the need to explore the entire core map, so thank god that soul crushingly boring task is gone.

Only problem is I absolutely hate staff as a weapon, but the Fashion Wars 2 speaks to me.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

My thoughts exactly. They should have added dark aura, considering they said the new legendaries would be the opposite of the current ones.

They literally never said that. That was just fan speculation that got taken as fact, as this community loves to do.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

They must implement color change on effects as well as weapon skins. There are many games that allow that. We dont even need all the dyes to work, put 64 and we will be happy.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They must implement color change on effects as well as weapon skins. There are many games that allow that. We dont even need all the dyes to work, put 64 and we will be happy.

ANet has already explained why they don’t do this.

My PvP Minion Build

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

To be fair, everyone has to do every game mode to get this. WvW and PvP are needed for the gift. And they removed the need to explore the entire core map, so thank god that soul crushingly boring task is gone.

Only problem is I absolutely hate staff as a weapon, but the Fashion Wars 2 speaks to me.

This exactly.

Alright meow, where were we?

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Won’t be getting it for my Necro, doesn’t fit the Grenth theme imo.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

nah Crow is one of the so called"harbringers" or dark animals together with Wolf,Goat,Rat,Bat and maybe Snake… Crow is perfect for Necromancer.

and not fan of the Light Glow either but the particle effects of cloud and crows is to much to turn down.. gonna be painful to get this tho with my Fractal lvl of 1

See, I didn’t see it as a light glow so much as I saw it as Chill emphasis.

As a Norn devotee of Raven, planning on going hybrid Reaper with Mad King runes, this staff is like a love letter personalised to me.

(edited by Rashagar.8349)

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

@Bhawb kitten the amount of WvW and sPvP required to the pve is like a fart in space…

Servant of Dhuum

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

@Bhawb kitten the amount of WvW and sPvP required to the pve is like a fart in space…

We have no idea about that yet. We don’t know how many of the new things will be required of each, or how long they take to earn. We also don’t know how much can be acquired in each game mode without stepping into the others.

My PvP Minion Build

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Oh kitten, if this changes #1 from that dumb hand to firing crows through people, I’ll simply have no choice in the matter. :S

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

We have no idea about that yet. We don’t know how many of the new things will be required of each, or how long they take to earn. We also don’t know how much can be acquired in each game mode without stepping into the others.

True but going by past “Gift of battle” was 1 thing really…

Nontheless this looks the first Legendary I will actually make an effort in getting… cant get enough of the Crow-Theme

Servant of Dhuum

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

The new weapons are pretty darn gorgeous.

On a slight aside, I always love how excited the developers get when they unveil new stuff like this. Dev enthusiasm helps me justify occasionally spending real money on gems.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I want a legendary dagger that isn’t a filthy charr blowtorch.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Amen.

My PvP Minion Build

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

I’m going to work towards the Axe I think.
I know necro axe is…horrendous, but still.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Amen.

I agree, as much as I like my fractal dagger, I would gladly get a legendary dagger with a dark theme. Mini-twilight to go with my actual twilight.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Norn that reveres the Raven spirit, obviously.

It’s awesome for any nature or shadowy theme, imo Maybe not the sturdiest-looking for tapping things on the head with…

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

if it fires black feathers or even better ravens I’d make it even though that glow is just a let down

might have been themed for druids more than necros

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This staff looks like it doesnt know what the hell it wants to be. As previous people mentioned, the crows point to necro, the shape points to rangers, and the glow points to guardians. I guess people like this, I can see the appeal as well, but a legendary is personal for me and I want mine themed appropriately.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The legendary is Norn themed, specifically Raven themed, just like one of their elite transforms.

My PvP Minion Build

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The new legendary staff doesn’t really do anything for me. However it does kinda go with reaper, considering a lot of reaper great sword animations drop feathers. So I can see it being popular with reaper builds using staff/GS.

The axe is REALLY COOL, however I already have frostfang thematically fitting with my necromancer, so I don’t really need it. However it’d probably look cool with twighlight great sword off switch, as they both have a star/sky theme. The axe seems like something more fitting to a ranger.

Honestly, I’m waiting for the new greatsword legendary. I’ll be working towards twighlight in the mean time, but if something comes along that matches my necromancer’s theme or my frostfang more, I’ll definitely use it instead.

Oh, I also want to see what the legendary focus will be like. Mostly out of simple curiosity, as the corrupted artifact matches frostfang excellently, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I know axe isn’t very good (hopefully will change), but Fashion Wars 2 dictates that my necro needs that new legendary axe.

[qT] Necro main.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Doesnt fit with my necro that looks like a mesmer tho :p

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Did u all see the New Legendary Staff skin, with Crows flying above it as particle effects and the Crow sitting on its branch when stoved ? This SCREAMS Necro all over dosent it ?

This blue tiny shiny throwing glowing thing doesn’t scream necro…

I was happy see the crows… but then i saw the blue wing thing… but no, i’m not interested in

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think it will be awesome for reaper. It fits in perfectly with both the death and chill theme. I’ll move my dyes to include some chill colors and then it will be perfect.

I wish we could see the scepter though. I’m hoping to get the scepter too…

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I was happy see the crows… but then i saw the blue wing thing… but no, i’m not interested in

Considering Ice is part of necro theme, I am going to go ahead and say you are wrong. The glowing blue represents ice and the crow represents death. So it works exceedingly well as a necro theme weapon. If you don’t like the weapon that is perfectly OK, but to say that it is not part of the necro theme indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the class lore.

Tl;dr

Crows + Glowing blue = death and Ice.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Every would-be Raven-shaman everywhere squeeed out at once.

My Norn Necro will be climbing over the broken bodies of many foes to get this.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tzeh Pesh.9508

Tzeh Pesh.9508

As a Norn devotee of Raven, planning on going hybrid Reaper with Mad King runes, this staff is like a love letter personalised to me.

That first Halloween, I was so excited about the 6th bonus of Runes of the Mad King… and so disappointed when finally getting my hands on them.

I’ve only re-tested them recently in the PvP lobby so not sure if its different for PvE/WvW, but they still appear to summon hawks like the Ranger’s skill Hunter’s Call rather than ravens. Had really hoped they would use the effect from the Scarecrows in the Ascent to Madness instance. Not sure with the Ascent to Madness returning this time around if I should have hope that the Runes of the Mad King will get updated to summon ravens or just be bitterly reminded that they don’t.

I know, I know, its just aesthetics (and possibly audio, believe there was kaw’ing?)… but it would go so well with the Reaper’s Shroud aesthetic in my view.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Ilharn.6813

Considering Ice is part of necro theme, I am going to go ahead and say you are wrong. The glowing blue represents ice and the crow represents death. So it works exceedingly well as a necro theme weapon. If you don’t like the weapon that is perfectly OK, but to say that it is not part of the necro theme indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the class lore.

Tl;dr

Crows + Glowing blue = death and Ice.

You’re right… but: i can’t recognise what it should be? A wing? I dunno… Help me with it.
If it’s gonna be kind of icy “whatever” i will agree with you completely and i will take my opinion away to it.

I guess we have to see this animation live… Maybe i’ll give it a chance

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I love LOVE that staff. It’s beautiful and has a wonderful name: Nevermore. Excited about that.

I see it more as a ranger (druid) weapon, with a branch and a crow, this screams “nature magic” to me…

Agree. And I will try to get it for my new Druid.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Does the staff spout poetry? If so, would it be Norn poetry or poetry from whichever species holds it?

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Ilharn.6813

I love LOVE that staff. It’s beautiful and has a wonderful name: Nevermore. Excited about that.

Edgar Allen Poe

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Oh, quite nice touch with the name! I like it!

I’d love some Legendary with Lovecraftian name. Maybe Greatsword, considering Reaper is the only one getting it as new weapon?

Hastur maybe?

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

A dead enchanted branch with spectral lights floating around it and a prominent symbol of death hanging around it? Sure… Nature magic.. Not ritualist or necromancery at all. RIIIIIIIGGGHHHT……

I’m totally getting this for my necro.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raz.1632

Raz.1632

Just noticed in the screenshot that when the staff is drawn it makes your arm covered in black feathers… so awesome!
Edit: And that controversial blue glow is perfect if you think of it as Spectral instead of naturey or Guardianish.

(edited by Raz.1632)

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I’d love some Legendary with Lovecraftian name. Maybe Greatsword, considering Reaper is the only one getting it as new weapon?

Hastur maybe?

Half of me really wants this to happen, but half of me doesn’t, because I’ve already account bound all the ingredients for Twilight other than the precursor I’m going to make.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hastur maybe?

Half of me really wants this to happen, but half of me doesn’t, because I’ve already account bound all the ingredients for Twilight other than the precursor I’m going to make.

kitten , now when I’m thinking about it, I know which weapon would be absolutely amazing for Lovecraft theme.

Either Warhorn or Focus made into Flute and named “Azatoth”

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

Hastur maybe?

Now see, that makes me think of Good Omens and the late(and utterly phenominal) Sir Pratchett.

Sto-Helit perhaps, with flavour text of Non Temetis Messor? (Which would also require a Death of Rats minipet.)

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Very disappointed in the new staff.

There isn’t many dark armor and weapon choices to choose from in the game, the majority of them having bright glow effects or too much skin showing.

Just bring out Grenth’s Shoulder and Glove skins already, it would be a start.

Take some inspiration from Chaos in the Warhammer 40k universe!

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

The staff looks nice, but I can’t get past the name. Seems a bit phoned in. “Oh, ravens are on the staff. Let’s call it Nevermore.” At least with the other legendary names so far, they reference something a little more abstract than the most famous thing a raven has ever said…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

The New Legendary Staff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

A dead enchanted branch with spectral lights floating around it and a prominent symbol of death hanging around it? Sure… Nature magic.. Not ritualist or necromancery at all. RIIIIIIIGGGHHHT……

I’m totally getting this for my necro.

It’s a branch, with wisps, actually. And yes, it has a crow on it but all the accompanying animations are bright and vibrant. The wisps blue, the bird animation bright blue. It’s not necromancy in anyway, unless you want to shoe-horn in the thought that it is. If the orbs were dark, or green and the branch black, I’d see it. As it stands, definitely for Druid.