The Spectral Assassin

The Spectral Assassin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAodWjMah6hbWbM8JAoH5irzRFKm6B8tfOA;TwAA1CtoEy8j4HrYOhkitAZMxZipBA

I went ahead and studied some well bombing builds, some CC chill and cripple builds, and threw in what i learned from my old jugg studies to create a in-your face high power lock-downer. This build can best be used in PvP hotjoins to harass lead opponents and to quickly dispatch mobile targets by utilizing our snares, spectral LF regeneration combined with dagger LF generation, and Lich Rampaging.

My main key is that I figured out the jugg w/ soldier gear based power necro could do consistent damage so long as he could keep himself on 100% uptime through LF generation while connecting his hits.

working in chills and cripples with spectral focus on the build emphasizes that sort of gameplay, and keeps the opponent harried and slowed almost the whole time. The utilities are flexible, and the amulet is hot-swappable.

go between using a soldier amulet and a berserker amulet— solder for defensive mode, berserker for offensive mode. To strike a mid ground, you could roll with the knight amulet too.

quick specs:

• ~3100 attack (~2100 power)
  • mid crit dmg, high crit rate and damage with berserker/knight amulet.
  • blindness combos that activate 1s chill interrupts.
  • 30/10/0/0/30 stability, spectral traits, chill on blindness, and ‘in for the kill’ spite setup.
  • sheo’s signature flexible utility selection
  • easy to adapt into classic well bombing rig.

sigils: speed+chilling on main set, hydromancy on staff, speed on water weapon.
runes: 2Grenth/2Ice/2Sanctuary for max chills.

Variable defensive<->offensive build capability by choosing the following amulets:
Soldier(Defensive)/Knights(Middle)/Berserker(Offensive)

utilizes blinds, chills, cripples, and high-speed one shot one kill tactics.
basically, you hit them like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5J7s9ozgbQ

The Spectral Assassin

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

And once again, someone attempts a burst build with no Furious Demise.

Really?

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

The Spectral Assassin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

I don’t see anywhere where he talks about burst. If you know the guy, he prefers a substain damage playstyle with high power build, not crit oriented. He made lots of testing for the community with his Juggermancer build, so I trust he knows what he is missing by not picking Furious Demise. Just look at his utilities, this build seems more to annoy than destroy the opposition in 3 crits.

By the way, welcome back Sheobix, hope you’re not too rusty

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

The Spectral Assassin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Sheobix,

I respect what you have done in the past, but truth be told, ny build works in hot joins that doesn’t include full signets.

Several counterpoints to your build.

1) Any damage build that doesn’t contain furious demise loses immediately lacks the damage to take down any bunker build.

2). It would have been better to put the 10 extra points into death magic for greater Marks as nothing is better than unblocked marks for harassment.

3) Condition duration is one of the worst traits for PvP except in the case of terror builds. Chill is better suited as a reapplication condition than a duration condition. A good thief, else, mesmer, guardian, and ranger will cleanse the condition before the traits set act the way you want them too.

Having said that, you did clearly say it was for hot joins.

Welcome back

The Spectral Assassin

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

I don’t see anywhere where he talks about burst. If you know the guy, he prefers a substain damage playstyle with high power build, not crit oriented. He made lots of testing for the community with his Juggermancer build, so I trust he knows what he is missing by not picking Furious Demise. Just look at his utilities, this build seems more to annoy than destroy the opposition in 3 crits.

By the way, welcome back Sheobix, hope you’re not too rusty

I have some rust to bust, but this build avoids picking up furious demise because for burst you can open with lich form with a knockdown and cast horrors + spam claws. Once they get low, you either take them down by sheer power stacked damage, or you end up forcing them to expend their mobility toolset or defensive maneuvers.. Because we all know players bubble and smack 6 while running for the nearest bit of terrain to jump around. That’s where marks come in and switching to the main set while using spectral utilities to generate LF rapidly while running dag1 for LF. jump into DS, ramp up might quickly (if you swap in might related traits in the tree.. wink wink) and just burn through ds4/1.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

The Spectral Assassin

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

also, I just like to name builds for fun when i post them :P helps to make them memorable.

And yes, its for hot join pvp.

side note, this build is more of an insect repellant to thieves. popping SA to absorb their burst chains between their first fade and second BS chain upon reopening in pvp is really the killer. usually thieves don’t get players down in the first C+D>BS>HS combos anymore if your build is balanced out stat wise, and when you can hold them up on their second re-entry to try to do it again with recovered initiative, you can usually just pop DS and finish their health bar to a point where most smart players just back off and run in stealth because they realize its not worth it to die just to risk a third engagement.

if you’re lucky and see them unstealth when they run, just land a staff3+4 on them and pee on their corpse.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)