The Wraith - bursting build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Hello everyone,

So this is going to be the first updated build in the series…

GW2: Introducing the Wraith [necromancer bursting build]

I manage to make highly comprehensive guide for new players in the first part of the video, which gradually progresses towards a very in depth advanced discussion towards the end for the more hardcore players, all packed in 25 minutes…

Really proud of this video, it may very well be my best guide yet…
I hope you enjoy

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

My internet is only loading 2-3 seconds at a time. :/

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Looks good! I didn’t know Unholy Fervor boosted Death Shroud damage. That’s an interesting little fact.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Looks good! I didn’t know Unholy Fervor boosted Death Shroud damage. That’s an interesting little fact.

How could you not know know this? Death Shroud damage scaling with your weapon damage is like one of the oldest Necro things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

How could you not know know this?

By not knowing it. I’m confused by your question.

Death Shroud damage scaling with your weapon damage is like one of the oldest Necro things.

I knew it scaled with the weapon’s damage but I didn’t know it inherited this particular weapon’s associated trait. I wouldn’t assume Spiteful Talisman would decrease the cooldown of Death Shroud skills, after all.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

I’m genuinely wondering how you could have avoided this knowledge, its pretty common and it’s been thrown around a lot. It’s also the reason why RS is a hammer.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

How could you not know know this? Death Shroud damage scaling with your weapon damage is like one of the oldest Necro things.

Maybe because Anet said they removed that feature prior to the trait changes.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

They also said they would release new fractals on a regular basis. Look how that turned out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

Now kids, you’re all pretty.

Anyways I’ve been using this on my necro for a couple of days and I love it. The damage is great, rotation isn’t complicated, gear is basically what everyone has anyways. Surviving is even pretty easy too. Can’t wait for the other videos.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

They also said they would release new fractals on a regular basis. Look how that turned out.

Bad example, but whatever.

I’ve since started testing the trait (again) and I’m seeing about a 2% damage increase on average. It’s weird to see such a consistent increase, but no outliers in the 10% range.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

Now kids, you’re all pretty.

Anyways I’ve been using this on my necro for a couple of days and I love it. The damage is great, rotation isn’t complicated, gear is basically what everyone has anyways. Surviving is even pretty easy too. Can’t wait for the other videos.

I’m prettier.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

I guess this is three posts in a row for me, but thank you for leaving the trash talk out of the video, Nemesis. Obviously conflict brings interest but I find this much more enjoyable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Isn’t that the old dps build that we all use from years?

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Isn’t that the old dps build that we all use from years?

It is a bit similar to the one i made back in the day, however a lot of people kept asking me what’s the updated build… so i remade that video and added a few, in my opinion, more important elements to it.

I’m talking about the real DPS benchmarks… so people understand when to use bursting/berzerker builds.

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hohou.1508

Hohou.1508

Its old power death shroud necro build. Seems like you just took it, gave it a name and made pretty video about it.

Engineer since August 2012

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Its old power death shroud necro build. Seems like you just took it, gave it a name and made pretty video about it.

Actually…. i am the original creator of that “old power death shroud necro build” which was first published 3 years ago.

Other people have taken my build and made a pretty guide about it which then sold to Dulfy without my knowledge or consent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: AlphaReborn.1567

AlphaReborn.1567

Hey Nemesis, love your vids man. It seems this build is designed for max DPS in PVE content. My question is how would you recommend modifying it for WvW fights? Specifically non-roaming, small scale and large scale team/zerg fights. I think this build would be a great alternative to the standard wellomancer meta build that I run now. Any advice you could provide would be great. Thanks again for the video!

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Actually…. i am the original creator of that “old power death shroud necro build” which was first published 3 years ago.

Other people have taken my build and made a pretty guide about it which then sold to Dulfy without my knowledge or consent.

In gw2’s build system there’s only a very limited amount of trait+gear combinations that make sense. If you couple that with the huge player base in this game, it’s rather presumptuous to think you could be the only and first person to come up with a certain build. And what you most definitely can’t do is claim some kind of copyright and sulk when other people publish PvE guides that happen to use a similar trait combo.

Also, you’re clearly referring to spoj, but spoj always promoted dagger over Shroud as the best dps option, so he never had a “power death shroud build” anyway.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

In gw2’s build system there’s only a very limited amount of trait+gear combinations that make sense. If you couple that with the huge player base in this game, it’s rather presumptuous to think you could be the only and first person to come up with a certain build. And what you most definitely can’t do is claim some kind of copyright and sulk when other people publish PvE guides that happen to use a similar trait combo.

Also, you’re clearly referring to spoj, but spoj always promoted dagger over Shroud as the best dps option, so he never had a “power death shroud build” anyway.

he can sulk all he likes. That is his right.

He cannot in any legal sense of the word copyright anything pertaining to the GuildWars 2 Franchise. Someone already owns those rights. No matter how original or unique the intellectual property he is using to come up with this never belonged to him in the first place.

Yes I made that argument and no I don’t care what you think.

I can’t stand these video’s although I do like looking over his builds to see if they can be modified to actually work for how I play. It isn’t the content of the video either it is him specifically. This isn’t an attack as that would serve no purpose. Just that I find the way he films and vocalizes his points to be off putting and gets in the way of his actual build. So I skip the video and just read the build and then think for myself.