The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s amazing this bug is still here.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Updated with #20

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Or they could just decrease ds1 power scaling to match reaper shroud 1 and make the attack speeds similar. Easy kittening fix, and burning is equal in both. God kitten was that so hard.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Or they could just decrease ds1 power scaling to match reaper shroud 1 and make the attack speeds similar. Easy kittening fix, and burning is equal in both. God kitten was that so hard.

Another way of seeing it but I don’t…huh trust them with nerfs still worth it so #21 I think the biggest worry is the date of the next patch.

The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

You mean the range reduction bug?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

You mean the range reduction bug?

Nah the forum page one the range one has been fixed before the effiency of the trait.

The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

My fix idea for Dhuumfire is to make it add a stack of Torment with each hit. Also it should add 2 stacks while your LF is over a threshold say 2 stacks over 50%. Torment should be in theme with necros and 2 damaging conditions on a skill would rock.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

My fix idea for Dhuumfire is to make it add a stack of Torment with each hit. Also it should add 2 stacks while your LF is over a threshold say 2 stacks over 50%. Torment should be in theme with necros and 2 damaging conditions on a skill would rock.

Torment on Life Blast has already been suggested I’m not sure if it’s a good for it’s efficiency to be gated by LF threshold but wouldn’t lower LF=additional stacks better?

The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

22)Dhummfire also applies to staff AA

I forgot about that one.

The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The goal of Dhuumfire is obviously to allow DS to be powerful EVEN on a condition build. DS 2, 3, 5 already apply some condi. 4 recharges DS, so it is still somewhat useful on a condi build. So dhuumfire has to apply on DS 1. I think just having it apply 2 stacks burn on a 1s ICD would be a good start. Life blast is meant to be scary, and is currently not in condi build.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

The goal of Dhuumfire is obviously to allow DS to be powerful EVEN on a condition build. DS 2, 3, 5 already apply some condi. 4 recharges DS, so it is still somewhat useful on a condi build. So dhuumfire has to apply on DS 1. I think just having it apply 2 stacks burn on a 1s ICD would be a good start. Life blast is meant to be scary, and is currently not in condi build.

Life blast should have a condition by default. without dhuumfire.

whats the point of the ICD? DS1 shoots way slower than 1 second anyway. The ICD would need to be per-target, otherwise it would be a pointless restriction against unyielding blast. is it just against plague blast?

Gunnar’s Hold

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Silverkey.2078

The goal is to balance with plague blast and Reaper’s shroud.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

whats the point of the ICD? DS1 shoots way slower than 1 second anyway. The ICD would need to be per-target, otherwise it would be a pointless restriction against unyielding blast. is it just against plague blast?

A baseline condition is not a bad idea what do you have in mind?

We should not care about Reaper at all right now they can/should modifiy it’s shroud after dhummfire is made useful on necro’s shroud. This remind of Chilling Darkness nerf…if that’s how they are doing it they are messing up big time also I’m pretty sure they stopped caring about underwater combat for a while now or they have something in reserve that will be released in 3 or 6 years.

The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Silverkey.2078

Well yes but as mentioned the 1s ICD (per target) will not change anything for necro BUT also allow it to work for Reaper and plague blast. So it works on both ends!

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Well yes but as mentioned the 1s ICD (per target) will not change anything for necro BUT also allow it to work for Reaper and plague blast. So it works on both ends!

It resembles #11 but in a lesser way if you’re in melee you should be doing higher burn damage so 5 procs every 5 secs allows for a quick burst but not completely relying on spamming and it’s easier to work with then 1 sec ICD even if per target. If #20 and #11 were merged it would be enough.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

We should not care about Reaper at all right now they can/should modifiy it’s shroud after dhummfire is made useful on necro’s shroud. This remind of Chilling Darkness nerf…if that’s how they are doing it they are messing up big time also I’m pretty sure they stopped caring about underwater combat for a while now or they have something in reserve that will be released in 3 or 6 years.

I agree a baseline condition on LB would solve a lot of the the problems with the skill and leaves Dhuumfire open to a complete overhaul so it’s not required to make LB friendly to condi builds. Maybe revert Dhuumfire to it’s original critical based setup or just have Dhuumfire proc every x% of hits say 20% of hit so every 5th hit of any kind procs a stack of burning. Give Dhuumfire necros a fiery aura each time it procs for style.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I agree a baseline condition on LB would solve a lot of the the problems with the skill and leaves Dhuumfire open to a complete overhaul so it’s not required to make LB friendly to condi builds. Maybe revert Dhuumfire to it’s original critical based setup or just have Dhuumfire proc every x% of hits say 20% of hit so every 5th hit of any kind procs a stack of burning. Give Dhuumfire necros a fiery aura each time it procs for style.

condi and power based bacause only 1 will kill the other like it is now

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

A bit late on the response but I doubt they go back to old designs even though it would create the proc trinity of necro efficiency (CoD and Plague Sending) it’s not the most attractive way yes I know engi has IP. A fire aura sounds good not sure if they see it as fitting looking at our access to retaliation but I think it’s worth adding so #23.

Hit based burn wouldn’t benefit condition necro much but just hybrids which is already doing better.

Edit: way better

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

My bad #7 and #22 are the same I’ll replace with a untraditional suggestion.

New #22 Life Leech applies 1 stack of burning for 2 sec.

The Dhuumfire thread

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Updated with #24-27

The Dhuumfire thread