The downtime on Wells is ridiculous

in Necromancer

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Even WITH the 20% cooldown reduction from the Blood Magic Major Trait, you’re still looking at five seconds of effect for 48 seconds of fiddling with your mouse wheel for Well of Power. As neat as that skill is after getting hit with a plague carrier, the recharge is far too long for where it needs to be. More of the Wells should be like Well of Blood, which is at 10 seconds of effect for 36 seconds of recharge. That seems fairly reasonable to me. For more powerful offensive Wells like Well of Suffering, 5 : 36 is also fine. It’s the support Wells mainly that I feel need a bit more oomph or quickness about them.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Necromancer

Posted by: XxCoOkyxX.8042

XxCoOkyxX.8042

+1,
the cooldown/duration is really kitteny, and its not even like a longer duration/lower cooldown would be overpowerd in pvp because smart people can just move out of the circle and dont get hit at all, and for pve Its almost useless because 5 sec duration is a joke, atleast with the long cooldown

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phace.3567

Phace.3567

I have to agree.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

If you just throw out random complaints about things you just don’t like about the class, genuine issues won’t be taken seriously. Wells are extremely strong. The only way it would be reasonable to extend their durations, shorten their cooldowns, or both, would be to reduce their effects.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KTKTKT.1853

KTKTKT.1853

if you time your wells you will almost always have one off cd unless you are doing NOTHING BUT STANDING THERE CASTING WELLS WHICH IS BAD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

Considering how powerful the wells are when used properly, I find the cooldowns just right.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

They rarely seem to long to me, with your main weapons, you can just AOE and dodge all day long…

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

5 sec area blind is long enough. It is enough to chase people out of a point or when paired with well of suffering to punish anything stupid enough to enter without retaliation.

If I need a 10+ sec area blind I switch to Plague form and laugh at the misfortune of my enemies.

If you want to shed conditions more often pick up consume conditions and alternate that with well of power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

The Well cooldowns are pretty typical and normal in comparison to other professions.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: MindReaver.3126

MindReaver.3126

Speaking in terms of leveling Well of Suffering is the only Well that I use for solo play. It does not get dropped every fight because I know I may need it, and most times I do not. For the times I need it it utterly destroys whatever I am fighting. If it had a lower cooldown and allowed me to use it every fight I would walk all over everything.

That being said, I do agree that the boon/condition reverting wells should have a better uptime. Yes, it is a great boost to change the conditions/boons in a boss fight for 5 seconds but if it’s a boss that applies them constantly, you’re back to square one after 5 seconds and its down for another 55.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Epidemic, by far the best skill we have, is on a 15sec CD. Wells should be too.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kayotik.5790

Kayotik.5790

Just throwing in my 2 cents…

I think the cool-down times would be extremely reasonable, if not for the duration and unreliability in pvp.

A 5 second duration with a 60 second cool-down? That’s less than 10% up-time. Watching the ground you corrupted return to normal after only a few brief seconds looks and feels weak (however, I’m not saying it technically is).

As for the second part of my statement- I couldn’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve dropped a well while defending a keep in WvW, only to see more than half of the players standing there dodge roll away before even receiving the second tick of damage/effect.

There’s no easy way to solve these problems. The first aspect involves increasing the well duration, the second involves reducing the cool-down. Do both, and they’ll be extremely overpowering. Do only one, and the other suffers. Do none, and they’re just a 1-tick pony (hah).

(edited by Kayotik.5790)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Right now wells are the only good thing about the necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

They’re pretty reasonable if you asked me, mind you my low level build currently use 2 Wells with no 20% CD reduced trait, I rarely had problem with them.

They’re pretty powerful, imo it’d be insane to have their CD lowered to around or below 40 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noriega.8763

Noriega.8763

Mmm, well spamming is simply bad play. I dont even use the 20%cd reduction and never really feel myself waiting for a well.

The only complaint i have about well of bloods, is that its HoT is awful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

I am not really a fan of being forced into certain trait line & the 20% cd feels too compulsory. I also have this objection with elementalist builds. Unless you take the trait it’s a 60 second cooldown which really is too long, for a kittening aoe spell they can move out of. Also the protection trait: why only 3 second compared to the protection uptime guardian, ele can supply.

in Necromancer

Posted by: stonberg.4198

stonberg.4198

I’m trying out Signet of Spite currently, and that has a 90 seconds CD :-/ Granted it is pretty powerful in conjunction with Epidemic and can be knocked down to 72 seconds with the 20% signet CD reduction trait, but that still seems like quite a long time (second only to Signet of Undeath I believe).

in Necromancer

Posted by: XxCoOkyxX.8042

XxCoOkyxX.8042

1, the trait with the 20% cooldown is in the wrong trait line it should be in power or crit or w/e but healing traitline wtf…
2, with the trait the cooldown is okish but the duration with 5sec is really short should be 10, or make it so that “condition duration” has a effect on wells too, that would help much
3, yes the wells are powerfull, but only if the enemy is dumb and doesnt move, its easy to roll out of them and dont get hit at all lol (im talking about pvp, lolpve)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

it’s fine the way it is . well shouldn’t be all u have though. u should have 2nd 3rd plan for dps in pvp

Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

the cooldowns are a bit long to be honest. but then, all our utility spells have pretty long cooldowns, excepting epidemic..

honestly though, the biggest problem with wells is that we have to take a trait to make them a GTAoE. Honestly, that’s ridiculous. They’re really not useful if you don’t take that trait.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

honestly though, the biggest problem with wells is that we have to take a trait to make them a GTAoE. Honestly, that’s ridiculous. They’re really not useful if you don’t take that trait.

That’s probably because you were using build that does not involve the use of dagger. Dagger builds may not be that popular, but granted, untraited Wells work just fine when you’re using dagger or close range build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

There are only 2 wells that have justifiable cooldowns. Well of Blood and Well of Darkness.

Here is a break down.
Suffering: Adds pathetic amount of vuln and is really only for damage, completely and utterly outclassed by bone minions which will do over double the damage with a 20s cooldown with no traits needed.

Power: This has a good concept but the problem is it only converts ONE condition into a boon every second. If you are under assault from conditions this basically does nothing of any note, null field from mesmer makes this look pathetic.

Corruption: Reverse of power with a similar problem although it’s not as bad since it does damage regardless and boon use is not as frequent as conditions. However the same 1 boon per 1s makes this far to slow.

Honestly they need to have base durations increased to 7, throw in a duration increase to one of the existing traits to push it to 10 seconds. Reduce cooldown on suffering to 25s base. Power should build might stacks every second in addition to it’s current effect. Corruption should deal extra damage for each boon removed. Huzzah you now have non-terrible wells.

Also ground target should go to 1200 not 900 >_<

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Drekor.5217

Also ground target should go to 1200 not 900 >_<

This is my only complaint. Considering the power of the wells, I have no issue whatsoever with the cooldowns.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carrioncrow.6872

Carrioncrow.6872

Been saying this since BWE1

Wells are weak. Weak effect, Weak up time, extremely long downtime and a whole mass of traits that is kitten good money after kitten bad.

Yes they do something. But considering the traits, time and effects they should do a whole lot more.

See also: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Fixing-Wells-And-a-few-other-things/first#post132901