The fate of solo WvW condi necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Q:

THE question that decides the fate of a WvW solo roaming condi necro

How long does the stability stacks last?

i mean i roam solo and cannot afford to burn my fears when i have no chance of removing the stacks alone

assuming i have no corrupt and just kite as i currently do until their stability runs out, i would really like to know how long the duration of the stability stacks last.

if the duration remained the same, i can live with it.
if the duration decreased, i will be very happy.
if the duration increased, i am going to go full berserker. RIP condi/terror.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A:

Stability lasts the same as it did before on a per-skill basis, but has lower uptime due to no longer stacking duration.

Try reading the patch notes. It is very clearly explained.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Stability no longer stacks in duration, only in intensity. So no more 20 seconds+ of stability until removed.

Instead having 5 guardians shouting “Stand Your Ground!” lets say for 5 area stacks each, would give up to 5 allied players 25 stacks of stability, but only for 5-7 seconds or so.

Difference?

As a solo condi necro you only have to wait 6-7 seconds if they blew all their stability at once to affect them with cc. Before you had to wait 25 seconds or more without boon strip.

On top of that the only stability application that’s harder to deal with (using boon hate) are elite skills. The only normal stability buffing skills that got a buff are pretty much group application ones. Self stability (most skills) only apply 1 stack of stability.

Now if a team intelligently applies group stability over the course of a battle by staggering application, you’re going to have just as hard of a time ccing said group as you did before (solo). If in a group vs group or zerg vs zerg situation, cc/fears are a lot more useful because of the sheer amount of cc being used naturally, that was nullified pre-patch by duration stacking stability without massive boon hate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Overall its a buff to everyone since you don’t need boon removal to remove stab, but FitG got screwed over pretty hard >.>

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Overall its a buff to everyone since you don’t need boon removal to remove stab, but FitG got screwed over pretty hard >.>

It depends on how you look at it, it’s a buff to classes like thief or mes that have tons of cc, and even necros who can really bring some control. And it’s a nerf to wvw zergs which frankly I think is in order, since you can’t ever expect to strip stability with its current priority.

Personally I think this change will cause further changes down the line, although I’m not sure how that may happen.

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

I dont know if this is a buff or not.
I roam solo
I only got 2 fears with long cooldowns.
warriors get like 5 to 10 stacks per skill or 3 stacks on pulse per elite or trait or whatever.
I dont have enough fears to remove his stacks.

If I 1v1 a warrior, I either corrupt his non-elite stability stacks, or I kite and wait out the stability duration.

That is why i want to know how long his stacks are going to last now. if it lasts the same duration as before, then great because everything is status quo. it is just as good as me not being able to remove his stability even if it is in stack form now.

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

oh thank you drarnor.
that clarifies and i feel at peace now.

turns out the stability changes wont affect a solo roaming necro then. except for the pulsing types that well…renders corrupt boon less useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

oh thank you drarnor.
that clarifies and i feel at peace now.

turns out the stability changes wont affect a solo roaming necro then. except for the pulsing types that well…renders corrupt boon less useful.

Well it will still fear, but they will get stab after again

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

ya which means it might not be that easy to chain fear now if the opponent has a pulsing stab on

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Right, You know I think if you we just tweak our play style, we can use the change to our advantage.

It comes down to changing when we avoid things and when we attack. That push and pull, knowing the tells of the elites (which are really obvious) ect ect.

Or popping our elite when they pop theirs, its almost like a riddle to solve if you think about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Right, You know I think if you we just tweak our play style, we can use the change to our advantage.

It comes down to changing when we avoid things and when we attack. That push and pull, knowing the tells of the elites (which are really obvious) ect ect.

Or popping our elite when they pop theirs, its almost like a riddle to solve if you think about it.

Yep it already shows. Better than remove stability with boon hate or bust. Which was the case pre-patch. The stability change promotes more stability counterplay and smarter use of stability overall.

Save against elite forms like Lich when soloing, cc in general feels a lot more effective in wvw and pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s a buff to CC spam and a nerf to boon removal. Necromancers were brought along for boon removal and don’t have a ton of CC so the stability changes are a net nerf.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I really would like Fears to remove a number of stability stacks based upon condition damage thresholds. Maybe some other patch.