The hate is real...

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

So I was playing power necro on skyhammer using 6/2/0/0/6, this build has only one fear from deathshroud. I go up to the hammer and there is a guard there with hammer/gs. He does binding blade over a glass panel and right when he pulls I interrupt the animation with DS 3 and he gets feared off the edge…. In map chat i see “hur hur fear terror necros are so OP.”

Just strikes me as funny how all classes get categorized into what the community sees as “cheese builds” just because they play that class… What are your stories on people guessing your builds just because you beat them at their own cheese?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

My best experience was when I was fighting a mace/shield and hammer Warrior who was going absolutely berserk with stuns, I decided to play his game and fear him to death and he says in say “bulls__t fears.” As though chain stunning someone to death is any different, lmfao.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

I haven’t had many people complain but a lot of people seem to assume I’m running a Condition build even though it’s quite the opposite (Traveler runes with full Berserker).

I have even had people duel me and win/lose ask for a rematch to try a new build or whatever and say “Don’t worry it doesn’t have runes of Lyssa”, Then seem mind blown when I point out I’m Power built not Condition. (Even though they just fought me using Power….)

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Most people are bad and dislike being reminded of it. In this case, not facerolling you is considered part of this and can be safely ignored.

One can take a loss as a learning opportunity and get better. Or they can just cry. The later is what is known as “scrubs”.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I used to have “dumb fire” thrown at me a good bit before it was nerfed. When I wasn’t running it. And sometimes when I wasn’t even playing condi.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I wouldn’t be too worried about it… often when people get outplayed they QQ. The Guard was outplayed by your quick reflexes – you used a skill from our class mechanic and voila. He saw a Necro and should have expected fears.

About a week ago… I was on my Necro. Some glass engi girl attacked me while I was defending a point and she died and said nothing. I saw a friend (who was also a Necro) come to the point so I started leaving. Next thing I know, the engi is back, and she downed my friend. I came back (she could clearly see me coming back), killed her, and ressed the ally. She said “outplayed”. I said nothing. Later on she (being mad and all) tried to gank the 2 of us and basically kill us both with her burst. My friend downed, while I kited around and was basically hanging by a thread. My friend did the downed state Fear. Then I continued chaining the fear (I was not in a terror/condi duration Necro build) with DS 3, and staff 5. By that time she was almost dead and backed off a bit. Being kitteny, she came back, then the downed friend feared her again with the downed state fear, and we killed her. The friend probably has 50 HP left in his downed state. Next thing you know… “Fear Necros take no skill. Downed state fear from Necro takes no skill, keep fearing no skill Necros”. Apparently it was some well-known sPvP engi too – good sportsmanship right there. Anyway, she/he rage quit, we laughed, and it was a happy ending :P

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I used to have “dumb fire” thrown at me a good bit before it was nerfed. When I wasn’t running it. And sometimes when I wasn’t even playing condi.

Naturally. They don’t know what’s killing them. Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to anger, etc.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

Naturally. They don’t know what’s killing them. Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to anger, etc.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regenerator.7326

Regenerator.7326

anger fuels ignorance and fear also leads to more fears. I love fear.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

Don’t take it personally. Hate is towards the map, not you or your class.
Who never raged after being OS with a single skill from Skyhammer 3 times in a row ? Ranger, Necro, Guard, War, whatever, I hate them all the same during my fall to death

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Don’t take it personally. Hate is towards the map, not you or your class.
Who never raged after being OS with a single skill from Skyhammer 3 times in a row ? Ranger, Necro, Guard, War, whatever, I hate them all the same during my fall to death

Ah, this brings back some good memories. Although I really hated sky hammer due to falling to my death quite a lot, I have started to like it more and more after my duels with a warrior there. I killed him 3 times by running over those glass tiles, going back, spectral pulling him on the tile, and finishing with a dark pact. He was cool about it and we ended up being friends, but he got me back good with his hammer -.- people should accept that fear necros, hammer warriors, etc exist.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Guardian boons – OP
Warrior’s damage – OP
Necro’s conditions/fear – OP
Mesmer clones – OP

Everything is op somewhere.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Guardian boons – OP
Warrior’s damage – OP
Necro’s conditions/fear – OP
Mesmer clones – OP

Don’t forget spirit rangers, engineers, and thieves. Although I’m most intimidated by a well played ele.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

Plus people usually get mad on Skyhammer anyway because it’s frustrating to play on.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Guardian/Ele boons – OP
Warrior’s damage – OP
Engi conditions – OP
Mesmer clones – OP

Fixed that for you.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Nothing beats a Perplexity Engineer reporting me twice for transfering his confusion back to him and breaking shield with Wail of Doom.

People are ignorant. And I like taking an advantage of it on Power Necro since July 26th

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: renss.5764

renss.5764

Difference is that warrior cc skills all have insane animations, meanwhile deatshroud #3 has no cast-time and can only be dodged with luck. Staff #5 also poor animation.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tubby Chan.8502

Tubby Chan.8502

Had a funny moment yesterday in a dueling lobby. Was challenged by a s/p thief and was called out before it started for being a “cheezmode fear/condi necro” all because I was using signet of spite before the duel even started. Im running the 6/2/0/0/6 power build so I said “Im running a surprise build” and after I beat him in about 10 seconds I think he learned to respect power necros :P

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Difference is that warrior cc skills all have insane animations, meanwhile deatshroud #3 has no cast-time and can only be dodged with luck. Staff #5 also poor animation.

This is true however deathshroud three is evaded all the time because according to Jsharp and company “Dodging is very prevalent in the game.” Also let’s not forget that we have to spec heavily for our fears to do anything but a little bit of CC. On top of that Doom does no damage without traiting and Reapers mark does very little without terror as well….. So warriors get obvious animations because all of their skills hit like a truck traited or not cc’d or not.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

u have two heavy counters as war/ele for condition necro … so no is not op

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mavis.1572

Mavis.1572

Deathshroud 3 should have a long kitten telegraphed animation like Earthshaker so that even my grandma could dodge it, while blindfolded and on life support.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: sahamk.5672

sahamk.5672

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I usually hate mm necro (since i cant show off skills and timing with minions past typical necro required positioning), but i do love to use em when kittened off, in one such case a phantasam mesmer said “ai op, freaking pve noob” was my quote of the week.

Stupidity is op, fear just punishes it more.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to anger, etc.

If only that were an actual trait! Continuously apply fear to ignorant enemies within 1.200.

:p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Deathshroud 3 should have a long kitten telegraphed animation like Earthshaker so that even my grandma could dodge it, while blindfolded and on life support.

If that were to happen then it should get AE and a similar base damage coefficient to Earthshaker to keep it even remotely fair. It’ll still have a lower base CC duration and recharge and a stricter resource gateway.

And then I’ll look forward to the inevitable whines when a Necro Dooms an entire group off a ledge.

And those same people will overlook that other classes can pull off the same thing faster and without any warning.

/popcorn

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I don’t need fear, they run away from my terrifying damage without me needing to use it :p

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

So I was playing power necro on skyhammer using 6/2/0/0/6, this build has only one fear from deathshroud. I go up to the hammer and there is a guard there with hammer/gs. He does binding blade over a glass panel and right when he pulls I interrupt the animation with DS 3 and he gets feared off the edge…. In map chat i see “hur hur fear terror necros are so OP.”

Just strikes me as funny how all classes get categorized into what the community sees as “cheese builds” just because they play that class… What are your stories on people guessing your builds just because you beat them at their own cheese?

The hate is real...

in Necromancer

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Fear is not OP. Falling damage is :P