The necro changes in two words

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Ah, that’d explain why they didn’t despawn when I tested – I didn’t have that traited.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Really weird about the minions! You should definitely post on the bugs forum.

Been there done that. Its a bug with Flesh of the Master.

bugs should not exist two years in. Or at least should only exist when they add something major, which..did not happen for necromancer.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

I’ve been doing some serious drinking Thinking.

I’ve reached a startling conclusion that makes some sense.

The biggest problem with Necros is that Staff.

It is a boring weapon that doesn’t fit into a Power or Condition build, but everyone takes it because it is still pretty good.

Necros need a second 2 Handed weapon. Or we need a way to “focus” (GET IT??) Staff into either Power or Condition weapon. Replacing one of our ahhh… Subpar Talents with something that Dramatically changed all the Staff Skills might work…

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

It is a boring weapon that doesn’t fit into a Power or Condition build, but everyone takes it because it is still pretty good.

Necros need a second 2 Handed weapon. Or we need a way to “focus” (GET IT??) Staff into either Power or Condition weapon. Replacing one of our ahhh… Subpar Talents with something that Dramatically changed all the Staff Skills might work…

we flat out need more ranged power options. i’ll take a frisbee at this point.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

bugs should not exist two years in. Or at least should only exist when they add something major, which..did not happen for necromancer.

It might be something to do where they changed flesh of the master to make it so if you summon minions with it on, then switch it out, the minions…can’t remember if the patch notes said they would die or just lose all their bonus health.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It might be something to do where they changed flesh of the master to make it so if you summon minions with it on, then switch it out, the minions…can’t remember if the patch notes said they would die or just lose all their bonus health.

Patch notes said they would die. However, it seems like any time their max health would change, they die. Has anyone tested it with Warrior banners?

EDIT: Warrior banners apparently don’t affect minions at all. Makes the testing tougher.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Right. Staff is great.

But staff is not great enough to be Necro’s Only 1200 Range weapon, only Two Handed Weapon, only “AoE” weapon and still work with all Condition AND Power builds!

Nothing can do all of those things. And nothing SHOULD do all those things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

I don’t really get why they need to change flesh of the master anyway. I mean, even if the minions entered an different level scaling area, they would only retain their current health values until they died. New summoned minions would have spawned with the appropriated health values. I can see how there might be an issue when down-scaling, but certainly not that much as a map would only scale a few levels in the entire zone. ‘’Well if it ain’t broke, we’ll fix it by breaking it.‘’ This flesh of the master change clearly wasn’t meant for pvp, but it’s certainly bug in pvp as well.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Right. Staff is great.

But staff is not great enough to be Necro’s Only 1200 Range weapon, only Two Handed Weapon, only “AoE” weapon and still work with all Condition AND Power builds!

staff is 80% useless for power builds. I do not care about any of the conditions on it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Right. Staff is great.

staff is 80% useless for power builds. I do not care about any of the conditions on it.

It’s AoE so its good for picking up bags when not in a party, that’s why I often bring it in my power build. Also, putrid mark is freaking amazing.

That being said I’m dropping it so I can have axe and dagger weaponsets. Axe for opening range/generating LF, dagger for the dark path+dagger auto chain combo of death

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Right. Staff is great.

Poison, chill? AOE fear and a big hitting condi transfer?

Mark of blood isn’t that great but the rest is still useful. Personally I like it better than axe, although I’d assume that’s different for others.

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Right. Staff is great.

Mark of blood isn’t that great but the rest is still useful. Personally I like it better than axe, although I’d assume that’s different for others.

poison and chill i can do without since if someone wants to chase me it’s gonna happen
aoe fear i surprisingly don’t use much, since i am a frontline necromancer in wvw fearing targets away from me means i can’t kill them(exception being death shroud fear, that’s incredibly useful)
the condi transfer is why i said 80% useless. it’s the 20% of the skills staff offers that is useful…granted when i’m stationary.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Right. Staff is great.

poison and chill i can do without since if someone wants to chase me it’s gonna happen
aoe fear i surprisingly don’t use much, since i am a frontline necromancer in wvw fearing targets away from me means i can’t kill them(exception being death shroud fear, that’s incredibly useful)
the condi transfer is why i said 80% useless. it’s the 20% of the skills staff offers that is useful…granted when i’m stationary.

Oh you mean WvW. Well that makes sense.

I almost feel every thread should say PVE, WvW or pvp in front of it, so people can answer in context. Not a statement against anyone in the thread, but it applies to necros since we’re great in WvW, ok in pvp, and bad in PVE. So sometimes I say things that don’t apply without knowing it.

I’ve noticed I mostly use staff in zerg fights to harass and keep people in combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Right. Staff is great.

In addition to the 3 condi transfers, it offers by far the highest staff damage and is the only blast finisher on any set. Absolutely awesome skill.

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Right. Staff is great.

In addition to the 3 condi transfers, it offers by far the highest staff damage and is the only blast finisher on any set. Absolutely awesome skill.

awesome skill on an otherwise sub par weapon. and i wish necro was as great in wvw as people said it was. because it’s not. if i run into more than one enemy i’m dead, a hambow, i’m dead(there are alot of hambows) but hey if there’s a 30 man zerg and all of them ignore me i’ll kill at least 10. that’s the problem necromancers have. we’re either Alucard(from whatever universe you like) or…Count Chocula.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)