The new necro

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deacon.6342

Deacon.6342

After 3 years away I just recently came back to gw2 and man my necro seems squishy as all get out now! I’m interested in the Reaper but love minions as well, is there any build that incorporates them both? I’m working my way through the story at the moment but may plan on doing some pvp eventually.

Thanks for the help

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

In PvE there are no optimal builds that incorporate minions afaik (although I don’t actually PvE). In PvP luckily for you, an optimal Reaper build uses Summon Flesh Worm (albeit more for Necrotic Traversal than the minion itself)

The new necro

in Necromancer

Matty.1953

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki is a fairly decent database of builds

The new necro

in Necromancer

Matty.1953

I’ll build you what I would run in PvE right now, gimme a sec.

The new necro

in Necromancer

Matty.1953

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I run:
Death – Top, Top, Top
Soul Reaping – Mid, Mid, Mid or Top
Reaper – Mid or Top, Mid or Bottom, Bottom

Dagger / Warhorn or Focus
Staff

“Your soul is mine”
Bone Minions
Bone Fiend
“Rise”
“Chilled to the bone”

Its nothing spectacular, but it’s functional. Obviously tweak as you desire, I do it all the time. But for just general pve play…it does the job.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

I’m not sure about how optimal this is, but this minion build is hella fun in the new HoT maps.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnMbCN1gtbCebC0biFcBLuK+FLjQtpAQLQKHsDuBA

Play it right and flesh of the master makes you immortal while your army of rats devours foes.

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deacon.6342

Deacon.6342

Thanks everyone i’ll give these all a try!

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

spite/blood/reaper is probably the most easy to get into build type for power necro in PvE

The new necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: aliaf.3280

aliaf.3280

Pfft, why’d all people take a ranged weapon? take GS and dagger/dagger and faceroll through everything with your minions! I’m having TONS of fun with this build (and no, I don’t care if its dps isn’t high enough)

Blood Fiend, Bone Minions, Rise! and Lich Form are the utilities I use.
Blood magic – all down, Death magic all up, reaper mid-top-down.

In some maps (like Dragon’s Stand I actually had 22 minions <3 I run zerker stats but you can throw some healing power if you want though it really isn’t needed