The ultimate necromancer damage hybrid v2.0

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Good day everyone,

Due to the recent changes done to the necromancer class, some of the old builds required updating… so without further ado i give you…

Guild Wars 2 – The Ultimate necromancer damage hybrid v2.0 (perfected tutorial)

Do not be alarmed by the size of the video, in the first few moments of it you will encounter a table of content/menu designed for an easy and comfortable viewing experience.
Who ever wishes to get the quick information from it can simply browse through the categories… and those who wish to understand the full meaning of a “damage hybrid” can sit back and enjoy…

I have also went further in depth then ever before with the explications behind my decisions on why this particular combination of skills, traits, utilities and damage rotation… by adding a proof of concept in terms of math calculations separately for single target and AoE, so we can finally put in perspective what a hybrid build IS.

FINAL STATS:

2769 Power (2917 Power in burst mode)
54% Critical Strike Chance (59% Critical Strike Chance in burst mode)
56% Critical Strike Damage (77% Critical Strike Damage in burst mode)
1427 Condition Damage
70% Condition Duration / 123% Bleeding Duration
2240 Armor
22,611 Health
31% Magic Find
————
+ I have finally fixed the long lasting problem of bleeding over-stacking in a party
+ The ability to adapt and overcome, switch from more AoE potential to more single target potential on the fly
+ Made to be used anywhere and everywhere…

This new way of doing things, while it is a great effort… has brought me a “burst” of positive feedback in the day since i uploaded the video… so i really hope you guys enjoy as well.

If i missed anything or if you have any questions feel free to comment here, on in the comment section on youtube.

PS: If i have to remake this again in the near future due to trait modifications, i thought about splitting these categories into separate videos, so i will just remake the separate categories if need be, instead of the entire video… since it is a 5 days work.
What do you guys think ?

Enjoy

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Hi Nemesis, not watched your vid yet but going to when i have some time spare since its long, was wondering if this is for PvE or PvP/WvW and if so what’s the advantages to using this in say PvE over a full power burst build like the last one you made. Also wondering how would this fare in WvW/PvP.
thanks in advanced

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

Nemesis may I ask something? I’ve been searching your channel for something like that for Condition but could not find anything(maybe I overlooked)…did you actually do one especially for condition with the recent changes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Interesting, well done mate

Looks like a fun build, and I love the damage sustain this build has. The numbers on your critical damage aren’t as high as the ones done by my powermancer, but the condition damage makes up for the difference with a higher up-time.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haley.2390

Haley.2390

Minor correction. In your post and video, you treated the scepter Grandmaster trait as additive, but it is multiplicative.

Here’s a quick way to test this.

First, note that scepter #1 bleed chain’s tooltip is bugged (it says 4 seconds base bleed, but it’s actually 5 seconds of bleed and you’ll get 5 ticks on a fresh DOT cycle.)

Second, note that the scepter GM trait rounds up the bleed duration to the next whole second. (This is easy to test and I’ll get back to this in this post.)

Without the GM trait and with 58% condition duration, apply scepter #1 attack once on a clean target (one that has no conditions on it so the DOT cycle is fresh.) You’ll get 7 ticks.

Now do it without the GM trait but with 58%+33%=91% condition duration. You’ll get 9 ticks (5 seconds * 1.91 = 9.55 seconds.)

Now do it with the GM trait (make sure to discard Barbed Precision procs, easiest way is to not wear a precision amulet in Heart of the Mist) and at 58% condition duration (not including the GM trait.) You’ll get 11 ticks. (5 seconds * 1.58 * 1.33 = 10.507 seconds. Rounded up because of how the Scepter GM trait works and it’s 11 seconds.)

Now to see that the scepter GM trait rounds up to the next whole second, test scepter #1 first chain with 0 condition duration and no GM trait. You’ll get 5 ticks.

Then do it with the scepter GM trait. You’ll get 7 ticks. If it did not round to the next whole second, then your duration should be 5 seconds * 1.33 = 6.65 seconds. And on a fresh DOT cycle, that would give you 6 ticks, not 7.

And to clarify for anyone else who does not know what I mean by “fresh DOT target,” here’s how DOT (damage over time) conditions like poison, bleed, burn, and terror work:

The moment a target gets a condition on them, a cycle starts (each lasts 1 second) and at the end of every cycle, all current DOTs on them tick. Multiple bleed stacks are normalized to this behavior.

So when you apply 5.5 seconds bleed on a fresh target (i.e. one with no other conditions on them), you’ll get 5 ticks. But if you apply bleed on the target that already has poison on them and you apply it <0.5 seconds after the poison ticks, you’ll get 6 bleed ticks.

(edited by Haley.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

So i have been away from the game for a couple months and just within the past couple of days have started playing again. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the changes that i’d missed and wasn’t sure what to do with my outdated build. But then i see a fresh post from good old nemesis explaining EVERYTHING and all is well As always, thank you for your time and hard work nemesis. It’s good to be home!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Three things.

1. I like your videos, they are very informative for people not familiar with the class, but interested in how the mechanics work.

2. I will agree with the above poster about lingering curses. It works like sigil of paralyzation used to work, where it applies its 33% increase after all the additive increases have been accounted for. IE if you have 100% duration, it will give you (5×2)x1.33, instead of 5×2.33.

3. I don’t agree at all with your conclusion about single target DPS and this build in relation to the condition build. I have several videos where I kill that giant much faster using pure conditions. I believe that argument only holds water if the target is bleed capped, or you are talking about a structure.

The videos I have to upload I was using a few minions in, which would mess up the results as you did not use minions, but I will re-upload one tonight, and I will beat your hybrid single target time considerably.

For group play, and fractals, I completely agree this is the king of builds in that environment.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

Thank you for making an updated video of the hybrid.

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Thanks for another great video Nemesis. Just wondering, will you be replacing your armour with Celestial once it’s available?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Du Bist Schuld.8097

Du Bist Schuld.8097

Thanks for another great video Nemesis. Just wondering, will you be replacing your armour with Celestial once it’s available?

can’t tell you what the great nemesis would do, but i don’t think so. you’d gain crit dmg and survivability (which isn’t that bad in this build) at the cost of damage (significant drop in power, Condi dmg and even more prec.).

the crit dmg won’t benefit much, as you lost your base damage and you’re going to crit less often (crit chance at 44%), which also results in less bleeds from on-crits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Excelent guide and logic Nemesis.
To the rest guys don’t just copy Nemesis’ build but do copy his logic on building one and then make it your own and improve it.