They Have Answered Our Prayers + Reaper Combo

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

We sorta made it guys!
The reaper spec is realllyyyy awesome, and also fills in SOME (keyword) gaps that the necromancer has. 600 dash on 8 sec CD? That’s better than RtL!
Stability for 11 seconds? (take into account another 3 sec stab on the 8th pulse) Check

The synergy options are amazing, and now siphon builds can become quite a thing. I think the meta power necromancer builds will become either 6/0/0/0/6/6 (offensive with CtD) or 0/0/0/6/6/6 (defesive with siphons, still packs a punch!)

Perma chill, and 2nd best vuln application class (after engi, I believe, not sure :/) will make us better. Defensively we could have gotten more, but who am I to complain? Lets first see what reaper gets us

AN AWESOME SYNERGY/COMBO I HAVE SEEN SO FAR!

1. Infusing terror
2. Death’s charge
3. AA
4. Terrify
5. Execut Scythe (so fear > Stun)
6. Gravedigger

This will K.O. anyone under 50% HP, yes even the tankiest of guards, in zerker gear. Can’t wait to try it! (KEEP IN MIND close to death and death perception :P)

Leave your own combo’s/synergies in the comments and discuss the ALMIGHTY REAPER!

-Hollts

Ps. rip lockdown mes vs reaper
together with slow we are food to most mesmers… I’m watching you Rylock -.-

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Its actually a 6 seconds cd on deaths charge (without vital persistance).^^
In the stream you can see the 4 % LF degeneration so we can be sure that the base cd is indeed 6 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

In the stream you can see the 4 % LF degeneration so we can be sure that the base cd is indeed 6 seconds.

Yay! Decent mobility!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

If we had gotten shouts inspired by GW1’s orders instead of underwhelming offensive ones, I would be satisfied

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I think you mean Path of Midnight. At least thats the current trait reducing DS-cd’s.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I think you mean Path of Midnight. At least thats the current trait reducing DS-cd’s.

The two get combined into one trait.

Also more often than not in most builds you will be able to stack might lik crazy. Wither through chilling force or reapers might and siphoned power.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

The two get combined into one trait.

Also more often than not in most builds you will be able to stack might lik crazy. Wither through chilling force or reapers might and siphoned power.

I think the combined traits name is still path of midnight though.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

There’s definitely a lot to be excited about, but let us not forget the numbers aren’t final. They’re still in development, so our theorycrafting is gonna’ be pretty loose. Still fun to do though.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I will be running something like this
Zerk stats
GS + Dagger/Warhorn
Consume Conds/Well of Suffering/Well of Corruption/“Nothing Can Save You!”/“Chilled To The Bone”

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

I will be running something like this
Zerk stats
GS + Dagger/Warhorn
Consume Conds/Well of Suffering/Well of Corruption/“Nothing Can Save You!”/“Chilled To The Bone”

That build will replace the current power necro. Literally in all aspects its an improvement. You will have insane might ALL THE TIME and never be short of lifeforce due to the same trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

If we had gotten shouts inspired by GW1’s orders instead of underwhelming offensive ones, I would be satisfied

Underwelming shouts ? like really ?
They’re balance but no OP (well maybe the elite one due to the AOE 2sec deep-freeze, but its an elite after all)

I’m very satisfied with the spec. Opens possibility for a midranged class to play close combat and its really viable. I still think that chill uptime must be lowered a bit and some reaper trait need improvement (reaper onslaught seems very poor to me for instance)
I think reaper is more than viable in wvw and pve, i rather not talk about tpvp, i could talk kitten ^^

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

That build will replace the current power necro. Literally in all aspects its an improvement.

Hell no. It has no ranged option at all. I expect I will be getting kited to death a lot. I just don’t care. Maybe I’ll drop the Chilling Novas for Relentless Pursuit depending on how badly I get kited and how salty I’ll feel about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

If we’re talking SPvP here you won’t need to even go with a zerker or assassin amulet, because of 2 massive crit traits. Even with one of them, getting a celestial amulet will probably be better overall.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

That build will replace the current power necro. Literally in all aspects its an improvement.

Hell no. It has no ranged option at all. I expect I will be getting kited to death a lot. I just don’t care. Maybe I’ll drop the Chilling Novas for Relentless Pursuit depending on how badly I get kited and how salty I’ll feel about it.

True but your sticking potential is higher. Especially with relentless pursuit, your own chills, leaps and the pull. Plus 25% move speed in shroud. You will walk into a fight and prevent people from leaving unless they burn cooldowns and anyone under 50% is essentially dead anyways. Either grave digger spam or your 30s aoe backstab with 100% crit chance.

If we’re talking SPvP here you won’t need to even go with a zerker or assassin amulet, because of 2 massive crit traits. Even with one of them, getting a celestial amulet will probably be better overall.

Valk or cavalier would be better if you are going that way but then you would lose your might stacking and lf from chilling force. Would also have to drop either reapers might or chill of death for the respective bitter chill or deathly shiver to get enough vuln all the time to crit enough. tanky as though with still very high damage.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

The thing is 100% crit doesn’t say much if your Crit-dmg is bad.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Then you should be taking Valk stats or Cavalier and not Celestial.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

We don’t know how it’ll play yet, but just at a glance the one thing I’m worried about is that dragonhunter will be able to kite the hell out of the reaper with no problem at all, even after what they’ve given us.

That one stability skill will be useful, but what if it won’t be quite enough give that jason voorhees ‘no matter how hard you hit this guy he won’t stop’ vibe that they were going for, since there are probably at least a few classes who will be able to kitten out enough CC to burn through those stability stacks no problem.

After all, isn’t it basically the same stability, one stack every couple seconds, as lich form? One of the main things that balances out lich form is that even with the new pulsing stability system it’s still vulnerable to getting CC’d because it only gets one stack instead of plague form’s three.

(edited by Tobias.8632)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

You’re all forgetting the removal of attributes from trait lines and adding more of them on gear (amulets in SPvP) will in turn buff the celestial amulet more than the others, but either way, going with cavalier or valk still means a tanky necro with lots of crit chance.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

You’re all forgetting the removal of attributes from trait lines and adding more of them on gear (amulets in SPvP) will in turn buff the celestial amulet more than the others, but either way, going with cavalier or valk still means a tanky necro with lots of crit chance.

Thought even with the redistribution they were nerfing it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

With all of the damage potential the GS and KS has with its new trait reworks from the core necromancer class; If they gave the shouts any sort of real damage it would be too powerful to say the least. It would be counter intuitive to the Reapers “Slow and steady…but I’ll get you” hay-maker theme. If the shouts busted for insta or even semi casted DPS with some of the builds currently floating around it would spell sheer dread for the other classes in melee range. Also we don’t know how well they scale with power since we don’t know the armor he wore for the spotlight for Reaper. Since honestly hitting someone with x10+ stacks of vuln with a shout that scaled to 700~900+ damage on it with any sort of might with the attack power of a high damage PvE or WvW Necro would hit pretty kitten crit.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

True but your sticking potential is higher. Especially with relentless pursuit, your own chills, leaps and the pull. Plus 25% move speed in shroud. You will walk into a fight and prevent people from leaving unless they burn cooldowns and anyone under 50% is essentially dead anyways. Either grave digger spam or your 30s aoe backstab with 100% crit chance.

Death’s Charge and Reaper’s Grasp are both only 600 range. A Mesmer or Thief will have a field day kiting the build I posted around. But I imagine it will be mildly satisfying the few times you manage to catch up to them and start mauling them.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

but either way, going with cavalier or valk still means a tanky necro with lots of crit chance.

Those stat combos don’t have Precision. They have Power/Ferocity/Vitality and Power/Ferocity/Toughness

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

Even without the inline trait attributes a Necro should be able to reach 200% crit damage w/ 50% crit chance in the right gear with the current gear stats. This’ll rise with the gear state adjustments coming.

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

Even without the inline trait attributes a Necro should be able to reach 200% crit damage w/ 50% crit chance in the right gear with the current gear stats. This’ll rise with the gear state adjustments coming.

I wish there was a power-ferocity-healing power-gear set…

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

Lol, you could achieve those states too. You’d have to take Blood Magic for Blood to Power for the additional 300 healing power while below 75% health. That way you’d get PoW-Vit or Tough-Ferocity with the healing power.

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

Lol, you could achieve those states too. You’d have to take Blood Magic for Blood to Power for the additional 300 healing power while below 75% health. That way you’d get PoW-Vit or Tough-Ferocity with the healing power.

Yeah but the healing power isn’t enough, at least not with current scalings… And you also need to sacrifice a more meaningful trait. But hey, maybe they’ll make life siphons scale as % of damage dealt and damage scaling with power…

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

Yeah but the healing power isn’t enough, at least not with current scalings… And you also need to sacrifice a more meaningful trait. But hey, maybe they’ll make life siphons scale as % of damage dealt and damage scaling with power…

A lot of people have downplayed the life siphoning effects the Necro has already. But honestly when I play my necro in a fractal I have about 2.8k power 50%crit chance running pack runes for that fury and swiftness so 70% crit chance with over 200 crit damage. I run 1-2 wells depending on if its trash mobs or a boss fight and usually Blood is Power for might with sigil of Blood in one dagger. I honestly don’t need to take 50% crit chance in DS since I crit so much but I do for wells if my health is full while I Life Blast. However, if I’m at 25-50% health. Literally all I have to do is focus #4 for regen to myself, drop my wells and use dagger #2 then auto and I’ll 100% my health from 50% or nearly to like 89% from 25%. I have literally out healed boss DPS with my build while maintaining extremely high DPS. In the ascalonian Charr fractal with all the AC fire I’ve stood in it and tanked the boss and all the siege for my party as well as other instances. All without using my heal skill.

I honestly only use my DS in a fractal to take AR damage instead of my health. With the KS accepting heals to my health it’ll make PvE content even easier for me tbh.