Posted by: youlostthegame.8102

youlostthegame.8102

Here is a list of stun-breakers that also break fears;
- Spectral Walk
- Spectral Armor
- Well of Power
- Necrotic Travel
- Plague Signet

And if you do PvP without stun-breakers you can expect to never really peak above average.

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Yes, Thief gets fear. (Pretty sure there’s didn’t get nurfed cause of Dumbfire)
They can apply more stacks of torment than us. There dodge removes chill/cripple. There dodge returns dodge energy, they also have vigor, lots of there weapons have extra dodge too. They have weapons with auto-attacks that apply weakness, and not short duration weakness like our pricy traits.

There’s also the stealth thing, being able to vanish and not even target them if you hit them with damage.
Oh then the mobility, from not having a wormy give away where you could tele too, to being able to move much faster than us, even with swift and the wind behind us.

The good news is. Every time you kill a thief, it’s because your a better player than them! Probably also a better person in real life, as your chosen class isn’t so ‘cheap’. (Tho, burst condi & fear bombing is a kitteneap)

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Don’t even try to compare thieves and Necros, we are so vastly different of classes its impossible. QQ all you want about stealth, but I’m sure Thieves would love to have (even with the unbelievably low estimate by the devs), base 30k HP with full LF. Or access to massive amounts of AoE damage.

We are different classes, there is very little areas of comparison between us.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Yes, Thief gets fear. (Pretty sure there’s didn’t get nurfed cause of Dumbfire)
They can apply more stacks of torment than us. There dodge removes chill/cripple. There dodge returns dodge energy, they also have vigor, lots of there weapons have extra dodge too. They have weapons with auto-attacks that apply weakness, and not short duration weakness like our pricy traits.

There’s also the stealth thing, being able to vanish and not even target them if you hit them with damage.
Oh then the mobility, from not having a wormy give away where you could tele too, to being able to move much faster than us, even with swift and the wind behind us.

The good news is. Every time you kill a thief, it’s because your a better player than them! Probably also a better person in real life, as your chosen class isn’t so ‘cheap’. (Tho, burst condi & fear bombing is a kitteneap)

This is all inaccurate and basically just QQ.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

How’s it inaccurate? Thief get’s every tool in the game. They the swiss army knife of class.
Why are people taking another flow troll over different class ability’s threat seriously?

Ridkitten would own BatMan in a fight. Err would BatMan be a thief too tho?
Ridkitten would own SpiderMan in a fight.

oh god, can’t say Ridkitten. The guy from Pitch Black, Chronicals of Ridkitten, R3.

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Ridkitten OP

And no they don’t. Take any thief build, watch what happens if you aren’t stealthed and stand still. You die, nearly instantly. They are insanely squishy, so that’s why they get all the dodging, if they don’t dodge even my bunker MM build can kill them in a single rotation.

And how do they get every tool? They don’t have tons of boons, their only defensive mechanics are based around never allowing themselves to get hit (and one of them doesn’t actually do anything but make you invisible, you can still be hit), their high damage bursts require them to get in melee range, while still being the squishiest class in the game. They just frankly aren’t that great unless you are roaming WvW, or you’re pressing the kitten out of 3 in tPvP. Otherwise, its really good players that make them work.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

Guys guys…Let’s put pvp away for a minute.
I think that you all got trolled…In fact, I think that OP made a really succefull troll attempent.

You see, even with that skill, thief have an hard time take me down (condi based necro). I want to talk about the ‘lore’ around that skill.
Necros has 2 fear skill:
-Doom (1,5s)
-Mark (1s)
But the thief can stole from us a skull with 3s fear?
There’s only one thing left to say….

In which pocket I had that?? I wanna use it too!

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

If mesmer is the flipside of the necro coin, then thief is the paper version of of it. All that the necro is good at cripples a thief, all that a thief is good at facerolls a necro, only difference is better designed utilities and traits from us not being polar opposites (and no we are counters to guardians in boon segment only, but in the rest of the kit pretty simmilar).
Also http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grawl_Ritual_Totem – used to have 0 cd, so yay for nercroing 6s long chain fears with terror in wvwvw, but not its profession equivalent.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

It´s ridiculous that stolen abilities are better than the original, it has been there for ages but to be honest, thiefs have been broken since release too.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Zaganna.6034 > Yeh, I fueled the flames because it’s nice to see old flow, troll with a bit of art this time. 2 words, 1 link. It’s also nice for him to do it in own thread, particularly in the boring time before next ‘big’ patch and we got new bugs to cry about.
Anyway, much nicer than his usual, trolling, getting a topic off track & all abusive tuning in into the usual dev’s don’t have time for that.

As for PvP, I’ve had no real problem or issue with thief since around beta time when they nurfed there 1shot kill from stealth.
I do think in WvW, I only kill so many of them as I do… is most the players are stupid. I chip away 20% of there life, they vanish and run off… but they can’t leave me alone in my sexy manskirt. Got to keep coming back for more without healing.

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

My first and main is a P/D thief. My first alt is a condi-necro, scepter/warhorn and staff.

On both sides of the coin, for me, the matchup always depends on how the initial engage goes off. If the thief can get in and stay, win. If the necro can get any distance or takes charge early, win.

Play a thief for a bit, and you’ll find yourself hitting stealthed people with necro marks a lot more often. It’s just seeing things from a "where would I go" perspective.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Here is a list of stun-breakers that also break fears;
- Spectral Walk
- Spectral Armor
- Well of Power
- Necrotic Travel
- Plague Signet

And if you do PvP without stun-breakers you can expect to never really peak above average.

Even if you don’t have stun-breakers. Necromancers have Doom.

Every necro have Doom and it is extremely useful and versatile. Great for stopping burst, shutting down an enemy, etc etc…

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Yeh, I fueled the flames because it’s nice to see old flow, troll with a bit of art this time. 2 words, 1 link. It’s also nice for him to do it in own thread, particularly in the boring time before next ‘big’ patch and we got new bugs to cry about.
Anyway, much nicer than his usual, trolling, getting a topic off track & all abusive tuning in into the usual dev’s don’t have time for that.

lol
Are you really referring to me? I wasn’t aware I had this reputation.
Anyway, the author of this thread is mipbar.2986, he deleted his original post after Afya and I replied. He just asked how thieves are able to use fear…

Thieves PVP

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

LoL ya, I dunno if you gota rep for it. I just noticed you about a bit. You err, seem so have a dark sense of humor, and a bit of a tease like me. I didn’t notice that there was pre-posts missing. I just thought ya’d add some spice on a boring night to our forums by linking another thief skill that they do our thing, more efficiently than us.