This class is the best to completely master

in Necromancer

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

Because this or Rangers are the most likely classes to get buffed, while elementalists and mesmers are probably going to get some nerfs. If you master this class and learn everything about it, you’ll be a beast when it finally gets some buffs which I predict will happen by christmas time. trust me I’m an expert at this. just keep complaining about the class

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I doubt Necro will be getting any ‘significant’ buffs, more than bringing some other weapons up to line with our standard set, honestly. Not sure it’s needed either. Middle of the pack is a good place to be.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Don’t be too happy about someone getting nerf or buff until you have actually seen the patch note.

As ronpierce said, do we even need a huge buff? We are in a good spot now but just not everything of ours are in good spot. They just need to make bad skills getting better.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Necromancers don’t really need any buffs except for ones targeted on specific weapons. Robert Gee has only mentioned buffing scepter and axe so far if I’m not mistaken. However, what needs to be done are significant changes in PvE content in order to make the necromancer’s strengths more noticable.

The only profession that desperatrly needs radical reworking and very big buffs is the ranger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necros are very close to being in a perfect spot. What needs to be addressed are mostly weapon skills and some utility skills (Corrosive Poison Cloud, Blood is Power, Well of Darkness, Signet of Undeath). Perhaps some QoL improvements (making Spectral Grasp more reliable and Vital Persistence baseline) and changing the Soul Comprehension trait to not be totally worthless. Possibly a buff to Vampiric Aura.

All in all, though, there really isn’t much to really complain about regarding Necro at the moment. And that’s both playing as and playing against.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Currently its in Top in one game-mode and absolute bottom in the two other game-modes so yes it needs buffs. The current Necro is not in a good state overall. I think that for sPvP it will be better and have more option with Reaper, for PvE since it still cant support I see very little in change unless the whole mechanic changes with Raids.

In WvW u can split it up: in big raids or Zergz and Guild fights its AoE dmg made it a top class and Reaper wont change that for the worse. In roaming well u can go Condi or go home… and yet with NO currrent disengage Solo Roaming basicly comes down to : kill them first or respawn.

But just cause the Reaper hype is strong and we seem to get a more vaible class its not a Top class at all and buffs to the current Necro or Core Necro is needed overall to even close in on classes like Warriors,Guards,Mesmer and Eles wich just far outshines Necro in most aspects. You are a fool or new to Necro if u think they dont.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Your tune has changed in a single day.

i’m not even going to go necromancer. sorry but this class is way too weak and boring, i feel bad for you necro mains

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Anyone who thinks Necro is in a good place at the moment needs their head checked. I love mine to pieces but it most certainly needs a core buff. Reaper looks promising however.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Anyone who thinks Necro is in a good place at the moment needs their head checked. I love mine to pieces but it most certainly needs a core buff. Reaper looks promising however.

Exactly this

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Depends on what area. In spvp it needs buffs in areas, but that’s not to say it can’t be viable. Necromancers biggest issue is that it’s almost void of practical diversity (while still being decently viable) though it mostly comes down to lack of life force on certain weapons, which makes the lack of defensive abilities that much worse. Hence why I think they need to find a way to make VP baseline and increase LF on scepter, base staff, dagger OH and maybe add some more to axe somewhere Other than #2 so it has more consistent LF generation. Then generally, axe and scepter needs better usage.

That said, if you run Dagger Warhorn and Staff you can be perfectly viable as it stands.

PvE is a whole different story for base Necromancer. I don’t have a lot of hope, I’m mostly relying on Reaper there.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Your tune has changed in a single day.

i’m not even going to go necromancer. sorry but this class is way too weak and boring, i feel bad for you necro mains

Omg that is hilarious. I guess King Noob got his name right.