This class ... maybe time for a change?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

I just feel uggh. first char leveled to 80, got like 40% map completion (lol) cbf with it so thats alot for me. I can’t solo kitten all with my condition build. everyone can cleanse their debuffs so easy, can heal so easy. here i am stuck with full exotic rabid gear and still getting butt kittened by every glass cannon build (im sorry does toughness actually make a kittening difference?)

Power build, using full knights with zerk chest/legs/neck for some added offense, can switch to knights if needed. farming soldiers atm but uggh dungeons are so faceroll and boring. (no ive not done them all but i left wow like 2 months back and was a hc raider. the dungeons on this game are pathetic) so im in wvw, trying to support my team with my power build which btw is so kitten its unreal. you either go axe and hit like a wet noodle or go dagger and get so upclose that you get roflstomped.

What i think the necro needs – more mobility, even if that means giving us faster endurance so we can dodge more because when i get into combat, even with the 25% signet or with the 33% Swalk i still get caught by every other dam class.
power needs a cleave, dagger and axe. pls for the love of god give us some dam aoe.
condition is fine i guess. maybe more bleed stacks would be nice? not that it matters when everyone cleanses so often.

It’s actually got to the point where i’m like kitten me for picking this class, should have just picked a warrior since i mained a fury/arms warr on wow. reason i didnt was because its fotm but regretting it now!!!

Everytime i wvw i just end up getting frustrated. maybe its my kitten server who knows. im like jumping off my keep to save other players. using staff 5/3 for cc, ds fear etc, then i end up getting owned because i have zero mobility. my team kittens off and leaves me. this happens on average 5 times a day during my few hours of wvw.

maybe necro’s are decent in regular pvp since its so confined/wont get outmanned as much. but in wvw i feel so useless. Pve is meh i expect for any class.

wow haters – pls dont even reply talking crap, yes wow has its ups and downs but you can’t deny that it’s been refined into one of the best mmorpg games.

so now that i’ve had my rant Im wondering if i should level up another class. if so which do you think would suit my playstyle. gw1 i mained a rit which i really wish they had on this, I enjoy getting into the thick of things, cleave is nice i guess, decent escapes. not squishy either.

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Adding a bunch of mobility to our class will break us. We have AoE via condition builds, you want AoE in a power build, then switch to staff with bigger marks, 20% recharge, marks do more damage, and throw in well of suffering. I don’t know why I never see it, but staff can actually do a pretty fair amount of damage in a hybrid/power build, when you need AoE or need more range.

We can stack bleeds very easy, we just can’t get them up to 25 easily. However you can easily maintain 15 or so bleeds all the time.

If you are in WvW, and keep defending, don’t leave the wall. If some idiot jumps to his death, why is that your responsibility? Just stay up there and keep throwing out damage.

WoW was, by far, the best MMO of its time. It did some great things for the genre, and I think that is great. However, I also think it’s time is past, and if you want to get into why it isn’t nearly as good now as it used to be that is a completely different topic.

Just play a few other professions and see what you like.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roysten.3456

Roysten.3456

Try another class, take a few for a spin in the mists, level something else up get a feel for it.
I found with a necro. it was much easier to appreciate what it can do and what its strengths are after playing other classes for a long time.
All the classes I have played require a different playstyle its just a question of using it and not forcing the alt to go against its grain.
Warrior or a melee focused Ranger might fit better to what you liked in wow.

Mustard Pepper

in Necromancer

Elvahaduken.3609

I do use staff, d/wh with my power build. Though it seems only staff 4 scales with power, the auto attack can hit decently high, but when you have a bunch of guys siegeing a tower and your slow as balls staff takes someone out, they get insta revived and you can’t do anything about it. 1v2 is terror because of the revives. Im not even convinced i should even touch a hybrid build since if your building for cond and power then your either sacrificing toughness, hp or crit, and i feel all 3 are a necessity for necros atm. Maybe its just a server thing but yeah we don’t have many willing to risk themselves to try save someone else.

I think i may have to level up other classes. I dont see why giving dagger/axe a cleave would be op though, considering axe hits for nowt anyway plus has short range and dagger makes you very vulnerable to the enemy being in their face.
What do you think about getting faster endurance so we can dodge more though? since we have poor escapes.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Power builds right now are our best 1v1 tool. If they give us a cleave, it means they need to nerf our single target damage, which means we’d have only DS to rely on for 1v1s.

Axe is a team/minion weapon. It gives 10 vulnerability just by auto attacking, which means 10% more damage from every source. That is a huge increase in boss fights, and in team fights where you can easily stack a lot of vulnerability with axe/focus.

Our class isn’t designed around avoiding damage, we’re designed around slowing their damage output, and absorbing damage with DS and healing off any real HP loss.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

so now that i’ve had my rant Im wondering if i should level up another class. if so which do you think would suit my playstyle. gw1 i mained a rit which i really wish they had on this, I enjoy getting into the thick of things, cleave is nice i guess, decent escapes. not squishy either.

I highly recommend leveling more than one class, no matter who your first class was. I just feel like you’re missing so much of the game if you only play one profession.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Condition necromancer is one of the best 1v1 builds when played correctly. It absolutely counters glass cannons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kazuno.9218

Kazuno.9218

I have played a warrior since release and i like it. But since my necromancer is 80 i find it waaay more effective and usefull with condition build. With some practice you melt any bunker build appart it is very satisfying.

Kazzuno[VSS]
Vizunah Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Relax, take a deep breath, and listen up. I completely understand your frustation. I have 6 professions played now, and 4 80’s (elementalist, warrior, engineer, necromancer). I don’t do much wvwvw, but I do tourney alot, and dungeon run all the time.

Dungeons get much tougher as you progress through the game. Some are hilariously hard at odd times, and some are a cake walk. You can’t make every dungeon ridiculously difficult as only a few will try them.

In wvwvw, follow bhawb’s advice. The main thing you need to remember is that 1v1 and 1v2 we are easily the top class in the game. We can’t escape, but we can whittle you down. The bigger issue at stake here is you are going into wvwvw solo, and that’s only going to lead to you being completely alone at times. Join a wvwvw guild and start running in their groups. Find a good necro on your server, and group up with him to learn some tricks and tips.

We have an all-necro guild join it. Keep asking questions.

I wholeheartedly agree with the advice to play another class in sPvP it may be you aren’t really a necro player, and another class will fit your playstyle. It may be that you will notice how other classes work, and figure out how to beat them effectively (this is why I know how to beat a bunker ele I have one).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I tend to disagree about our AOE power damage. Calling staff a powerful AOE weapon in a power build is bit of a stretch. Since the 2 and 3 and 5 skill all hit very softly, and are mainly used for their side effects, which will be less effective in a power build, it is hardly ideal.

1 spamming on staff still works great in tower defense and zergging because of how fast it gens life force and how hard it hits with a power build. It allows you to go back and forth to DS frequently, where your real AOE damage comes from with DS pentration and might on attack.

I don’t agree with power being a good 1v1 build though. If you are talking about Spvp, in general the necro is in a pretty good place as far as the community is concerned, both in balance and effectiveness. In wvw you could argue a 1v1 style build is stupid, because its impossible to actually guarantee a 1v1 takes place there.

In my opinion that is why the necro gets such a bad rap in wvw, because while many builds can adapt when another player adds in, the necro really can’t. It is very hard to fight 1v2 and 1v3 as a necro, while classes with escapes and invis have an easier time navigating the battlefield, and maybe not killing everyone, but stomping one and running.

WvW is a different animal that what a lot of advice columnists on the forums are talking about. Low mobility is a huge problem, but the sooner you accept that is just the way it is going to stay, and learn to avoid the situations where the numbers are overwhelmingly against you, the better off you will be.

Contrary to what was stated above, in a condition build I can stack 20 bleeds faster and keep it longer than any other class. I can’t stack 10-15 bleeds faster than a ranger, but I can maintain more bleeds longer. Also with our long bleeds we can drop buffed up claimers very quickly, which helps more than you think in wvw. Not to mention with sceptor you get full up time on poison for free as well.

in Necromancer

Elvahaduken.3609

even with conditions, running full rabids and still getting stomped by any burst class it really feels like toughness does nothing. Reason i like d/wh is because i gain near enough perma swiftness with Swalk which is much better than the signet i find. but i don’t have that option with the condition build.

only reason i even got rabid offset gear was because i got fed up of having to facetank everything and with low mobility and slow dodges, it now feels like a waste of time lol.

I really wish there was a vitality/cond dmg/toughness set i could get since hp just seems so much more useful than toughness.

Also another reason i feel useless, more than a few condition classes and 25 bleeds gets capped fast. meaning my dmg becomes pointless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

In regards to us stacking bleeds slower than other classes, I think that’s only because of Epidemic. What’s better, 25 stacks on 1 target or 15 stacks on 5 targets?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akando.9672

Akando.9672

THIS ^^^^^ right there. I had a long post that I was crafting, and Hanzo hit it right on.

Epidemic even with the reduced number that it hits is very powerful. Over powered no, underated yes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drachshyish.2319

Drachshyish.2319

Epidemic is my mainstay… use it as often as possible, which in WvW is not as often as id like mind you. I mainly WvW, and its tough being a necro there. Just had a pretty decent night of WvW though so Im happy.

More of our attacks cleaving shouldnt lower our dmg though… Necro and Warrior with equal Power will not even closely do the same amount of dmg no matter the weapon… And I basically consider axe to be melee, 600 range is one Heartseeker away or any of the other gap closers all melee classes have.
Axe needs a slight dmg boost, 10-20% and it needs to cleave… If I have to give up the 600 range for something closer id take it. Right now I feel axe belongs at 900 range(and scepter at 1200)… Just my opinion though.
If nothings changed regarding cleaving and dmg I think Axe range increased to 900 and dagger to 600 is pretty fair.

I wouldnt mind some escape skill to… When the rest of my party runs away i’m always left behind to get caught, very impossible to escape speeding thieves and eles especially with a ranger pewing away at you… Very hard to escape many other classes as well, necro has the worst mobility in the game – just a fact.

I am mostly quite happy with necro though, even if I get alot of frustration due to current meta and all the glasscannons utterly smashing me apart even with full rabid gear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Just take a break from the class till they balance it for pvp.
Pve necros are fine but the pvp thing is getting on my nerves too and anet cant undo the damage now.
So before you start to hate the necro,just roll a thief or warrior and wait.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

not wanting to sound mean, but maybe necro is just not for you?

condition necro is a very peculiar and specific playstyle, it’s very strong; but I can definitely imagine it’s not everyone’s “thing”

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Necros are the most survivable class in the game, its also why we aren’t allowed good escapes (only thing we can do is try to run away, or jump off of really high cliffs that no one else can because of DS). WvW is hard because once you get into a fight, you can’t really leave it; its why I use staff in WvW and stay in the back.

If you are getting blown up by glass cannon builds, you need to figure out why. Chances are, you yourself are trying to build heavy damage, in which case that is the necessary trade off. You can pick up traits that stop it, and remember to use DS to eat burst, but I can’t imagine how you’d get blown up by glasscannon’s, regardless of build.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I agree with Helicity. Play style for Necromancer is different than for a front-line dps. Each profession can do a wide range of jobs but you will never get completely away from playing conditionmancer to some extent. If playing support roles make you unhappy, then do not punish yourself by trying to make Necromancer into a Warrior.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

No.

That other Psy guy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

i have played my Necro and leveled in in WvW with D/D at the time, wont be using that for much longer, but i never got roflestomped, maybe you need more practice to get better?

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I am actually finding conditionmancer much more powerful with regards to damage than the powermancer. Well, at least, with regards to fighting zergs. One on one, I find that the power/juggermancer is great and I have a lot of fun on rovers. However, when it comes to front line fighting, where there is give and take, and you can get some overaggressive warrior and slam 15+ bleeds/poison on him, hit epidemic, you will find that people do melt faster than you would think (unless a guardian is present etc.)

I dont know, I just feel powermancer is missing some things and I am very dissappointed with out weapons as a powermancer. I always end up feeling like a dagger thief with wells and DS. I still want range, and axe just does not cut it. Axe gives me a headache with its low damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drachshyish.2319

Drachshyish.2319

Kinda disappointed over necro weapons across the board. Staff projectile is so slow people run away from it, it does not home in on targets either so staff autoattack is more like a melee attack than it is ranged. Scepter being the most viable weapon suffers from LoS issues and to short range(IMO)…
Axe is to short ranged for its dmg capability and one target only hit radius. Either increase dmg and add cleave to 1 & 2 on it and maybe shorten the range further or increase the range to get it into line with what it is.
Dagger is just meh IMO… Necros are to squishy in general to go toe to toe with our foes… Could use increased range on the autoattack.

Yeh… when you actually hit that Epidemic before the target dies and spread 15+ stacks of bleeds around… Sweet times. Target tends to die before the animation actually plays out in my experience, all it takes is one more person hitting your target out of nowhere for your timing to be messed up.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Kinda disappointed over necro weapons across the board. Staff projectile is so slow people run away from it, it does not home in on targets either so staff autoattack is more like a melee attack than it is ranged. Scepter being the most viable weapon suffers from LoS issues and to short range(IMO)…
Axe is to short ranged for its dmg capability and one target only hit radius. Either increase dmg and add cleave to 1 & 2 on it and maybe shorten the range further or increase the range to get it into line with what it is.
Dagger is just meh IMO… Necros are to squishy in general to go toe to toe with our foes… Could use increased range on the autoattack.

Yeh… when you actually hit that Epidemic before the target dies and spread 15+ stacks of bleeds around… Sweet times. Target tends to die before the animation actually plays out in my experience, all it takes is one more person hitting your target out of nowhere for your timing to be messed up.

Axe is better than you think it is, and is an amazing pvp and pve 1v1 weapon. Is it as good as dagger? Yes and no. It’s great in terms of kiting, vuln stacking (most underappreciated condition), and pure burst for weapons. It’s decent to poor in terms of life force generation. It fits perfectly with bunker builds, and minion builds. For ds centric builds its a fantastic 2nd weapon set.

Your issues is you are comparing it with s/d on a condition necro. Staff is awful, no one has ever claimed otherwise. It’s only use is for staff 4, fear builds, and wvwvw when you need range. No one ever uses it to main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Well I don’t have much experience with Necro only being level 35. But If you are one of those targets, er I mean people who like to jump off walls, Id probably roll guardian(beast mode go!), ele(not all d/d, staff can be serious fun from a wall or back of the group), or thief(not all burst, sword is some serious cleave in groups). These classes have a vast array of get out of jail free cards, and can usually walk back into a tower with out much rush unless focused very badly. Id imagine a mesmer could as well but not having one I cant recommend it.

All in all though basing your choice off faceless people on the internet leaving you to die is not the best. In WvW most people are afraid to die. And as such, want to stay where it is safe. At the back.

But jumping off a wall to rez someone is about the best way to get yourself killed. Jumping off the wall to kill someone else… well that’s just fun.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Just to note, necros have one really fun way to jump off walls to do some damage and get back free: Spectral Walk. I used it once when a catapult was hammering us, but no way for us to get there, I activated walk, dove off the wall, dropped all my wells/marks right on top of the thing and then used the active to jump back to the wall.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

Condition necromancer is one of the best 1v1 builds when played correctly. It absolutely counters glass cannons.

This is only true if the glass cannon has very poor condition removal.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If they are busy removing conditions, they aren’t doing damage.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

If they are busy removing conditions, they aren’t doing damage.

If you’re too busy being dead you aren’t inflicting them.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

Necromancers are fine in PvE (and sPvP) but they do need just a little bit more balancing love in WvW scenarios.

I’ve played a lot of everything on my necromancer. She’s my main but I also have 4 other L80s that I play frequently. Of my hours played, 2/3rd are on my necro. The other third I’ve spent on my maxed elementalist, mesmer, guardian, and thief. My thief and D/D elementalist can tear up condition/scepter, axe, or D/D necromancers like none other. I actually get a little happy when I see a necromancer in WvW because I know they’ll be an easy kill.

As fun as it can be to see fountains of numbers via epidemic, sadly my other characters are much more useful and effective in WvW scenarios. Other than plague + chilling darkness, most of what a necromancer does in WvW is simply a parlor trick in comparison. Amusing but … I’d rather grab another character to get it done faster, better.

I assume that ANet mines, analyzes data from their games and now that the meta-game has settled, will give the necro the slight bit of WvW love it needs.

It would also be really spectacular to get some of these necromancer bugs out of the way.

But yeah, it’ll probably be a wait – so it might be a good idea to pick up another character to play in WvW in the meanwhile if it is stressing you out.

(Edited to clarify.)

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

I have tried to get to a really robust attrition support mode.

I run Carrion gear mostly (6/6 Superior Rune of the Undead) with soldier’s jewelery (crest of the rabid)….27K HP. Its a bit of a “hyperactive” type build with staff sceptre/dagger (yeah silly for a sick old fella)….hardly ever get to auto attack at all.

I have traited for 20% reduction in staff cd’s, a 20% reduction in corruption skills CDs and 20% reduction in wells CDs. That means every 12 secs I can spread the love with epidemic, every 24 secs have BiP and wells at 36 secs. Staff skills regenerate really quickly (4.75, 16, 20, 32) so I don’t blow all CDs at once…half then epidemic then the other half then epidemic. Add a couple of consumables to boost conditions/duration. Jump in and out of DS often and use plague when I can.

It may not fit a “classic” role like the Nemesis great tank build but I can tell you I keep them busy having to dispell while at the same time weakening them for the others. I am not too worried about my own level of damage as long as I can enhance the team as a whole.

Long way of saying Nemesis build is more for the team than individual damage bragging rights. That being said, the rest of the team look that much better for the support given. And that is a choice. I don’t think any one build can be all things especially as I don’t think we have been designed to be able to fill all roles. Its a matter of choosing your role and fitting it out as best you can.

I am not too worried about the “pure” theory crafting for myself as I enjoy the role I have created for myself…and that’s important for us all…enjoy what we do.

(edited by Oldbugga.7029)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The necro is squishy because it has crap recovery options. Your heal is on a 25 sec cd, your access to regen is kinda small and doesn’t compare to the healing of other builds like ranger, guardian, or ele; necro damage is plain terrible if you have played any other class.

Necro is a team class for aoe chill/poison/conditions with epidemic and wells for boon removal. It is not a 1v1 class or a farming class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aupheus.9038

Aupheus.9038

This was kinda my same feelings after leveling my Necro as my first character. Then I jumped on a Ranger and a Thief up to lvl80. After that the Mesmer and the Elementalist up to about lvl 50 on both. Kinda got bored and headed back to Necro and he feels much more fun to play, to see cons and pros at other professions helps alot.

Necro isnt that bad after all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

^^^

Probably what it amounts to. Bad first class, great for a second/third class that you can appreciate its odd… flavor.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I actually think Necro is a good first class, so long as difficulty doesn’t make you quit games. It is much easier to go from a really hard class with weird mechanics into another class, where things are much simpler; usually. That said, I’m so used to our weird mechanics that I’m pretty terrible at other classes.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Jiiub.7135

Necro is awesome, and ALOT of people are starting to roll them now.

and ANYONE who says they are squishy.. wth?! try not being a glass cannon.. i mean you complain but would you ever not got full power crit build?

I play Necro, i DONT die…

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Necromancer

Jiiub.7135

The necro is squishy because it has crap recovery options. Your heal is on a 25 sec cd, your access to regen is kinda small and doesn’t compare to the healing of other builds like ranger, guardian, or ele; necro damage is plain terrible if you have played any other class.

Necro is a team class for aoe chill/poison/conditions with epidemic and wells for boon removal. It is not a 1v1 class or a farming class.

I got permanent regen, every well pulse AND hit heals me, and i got healing well. every attack heals, i use Dagger so thats OFTEN..

please learn the class before complaining.

not to forget my second life bar that refills every 5-10 sec and my already huge life pool, and unless you run crappy glasscannon build you got enough toughness to stick around forever.

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

not to forget my second life bar that refills every 5-10 sec and my already huge life pool, and unless you run crappy glasscannon build you got enough toughness to stick around forever.

and do no damage. or anything useful for that matter.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

I got permanent regen, every well pulse AND hit heals me, and i got healing well. every attack heals, i use Dagger so thats OFTEN..

Don’t be an idiot. The life siphons are negligible. Please play a kitten elementalist or healing ranger before you feel like opening your mouth again.

And if someone is not kiting you when you use daggers, which is stupidly easy to do considering your only “gap closer” is a root with a cast time and obvious animation anyone can dodge, then they deserve to die.

It’s not my fault you feel big because play against ignorant people in WvW. I mean, what non-idiot chooses to stay in your wells while you spam dagger 1 on them?

If you want, we can meet up with my ranger or elementalist and I will show you who is the better survivalist. No good dd ele/BM evasion ranger will lose a 1v1, sorry. These are the kings of 1v1, perhaps followed after by a good p/d or s/d thief (s/d mostly because they abuse culling stealth to just run away whenever something goes south).

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Don’t be an idiot. The life siphons are negligible. Please play a kitten elementalist or healing ranger before you feel like opening your mouth again.

And if someone is not kiting you when you use daggers, which is stupidly easy to do considering your only “gap closer” is a root with a cast time and obvious animation anyone can dodge, then they deserve to die.

It’s not my fault you feel big because play against ignorant people in WvW. I mean, what non-idiot chooses to stay in your wells while you spam dagger 1 on them?

If you want, we can meet up with my ranger or elementalist and I will show you who is the better survivalist. No good dd ele/BM evasion ranger will lose a 1v1, sorry. These are the kings of 1v1, perhaps followed after by a good p/d or s/d thief (s/d mostly because they abuse culling stealth to just run away whenever something goes south).

haha, why are you even on the Necro forums? You do nothing but complain about how you are so much better at every class than any necro out there. Please take a break from posting on here, and go back to another thread where you can contribute in a helpful manner.

1) Necro’s are the complete and total bane of D/D bunker ele’s (boon stripping), which is the number one ele out there. Every one can kill the D/D burst ele if you dodge the initial hit.

2) Necro’s own any guardian spec you can shake a stick at.

3) The only ranger worth his salt is the condition trap ranger who really really works Necros over (I have yet to meet a Necro who doesn’t have trouble with this one). BM rangers are a hilarious joke to fight as a Necro. BM rangers are great against thieves, memsers, and certain ele’s, but any semi decent Necro will wreck him.

4) Thieves are all skill dependent. The bad ones die fast, the good ones are a pain in the nuts, but we can kill them.

5) Stop thinking of life siphon as healing, but more as regen. It’s the most consistent form of healing in the game if specced for it. With Minions or wells, youcan literally sit through most attacks while continuing to hammer an opponent. Yes 30heal per hit and 70 per crit sounds bad, but in reality it can stack up combine that with 250 per heal on life transfer or 150 per hit of the minions or 500 per tick of the well, and you can stay alive and wreck someone at the same time.

thanks for your valued input. Next thing you will be telling us that the class that kills us the fastest is the bunker guardian.

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

haha, why are you even on the Necro forums? You do nothing but complain about how you are so much better at every class than any necro out there. Please take a break from posting on here, and go back to another thread where you can contribute in a helpful manner.

1) Necro’s are the complete and total bane of D/D bunker ele’s (boon stripping), which is the number one ele out there. Every one can kill the D/D burst ele if you dodge the initial hit.

2) Necro’s own any guardian spec you can shake a stick at.

3) The only ranger worth his salt is the condition trap ranger who really really works Necros over (I have yet to meet a Necro who doesn’t have trouble with this one). BM rangers are a hilarious joke to fight as a Necro. BM rangers are great against thieves, memsers, and certain ele’s, but any semi decent Necro will wreck him.

4) Thieves are all skill dependent. The bad ones die fast, the good ones are a pain in the nuts, but we can kill them.

5) Stop thinking of life siphon as healing, but more as regen. It’s the most consistent form of healing in the game if specced for it. With Minions or wells, youcan literally sit through most attacks while continuing to hammer an opponent. Yes 30heal per hit and 70 per crit sounds bad, but in reality it can stack up combine that with 250 per heal on life transfer or 150 per hit of the minions or 500 per tick of the well, and you can stay alive and wreck someone at the same time.

thanks for your valued input. Next thing you will be telling us that the class that kills us the fastest is the bunker guardian.

Disagreeing on a lot of this.

2. Not true. A guardian knights/zerker style build with life steal food and healing traits is very VERY hard to deal with as a condition necro. Maybe it is different for power/mm, but that isn’t the case for conditions. Too many clears and too much healing, and too much DPS.

3. There are ranger builds, especially those that use GS and troll urgent/avoidance that are nearly impossible to deal with 1v1. You don’t have the sustainability or burst to bring them down and they have too many evasions. I would say this is true of all necros. Just because you haven’t hit someone running this build, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. I have tried dueling this build numerous times in spvp and wvw and my record was like 25% win rate.

4. Patient thieves will completely wreck a power build. Now there are only 1 in 100 patient thieves out there. Their burst combo you cannot recover from and you cannot prevent them from going back into stealth to heal (see a D/P build). Conditions its a mixed bag. Sometime they win, sometimes they don’t. P/D is going to give some necros a hard time and not others, depending on build.

Bunker guardian is also not easy for a condition necro if you don’t have corruption boon on the bar, or if it fails. I wouldn’t call that a jokingly easy win. A jokingly easy win is a fight against a warrior that isn’t running zerker, or an engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Weren’t you that necro that charge into our 15 men zerg with a dagger and died last week? We were all like WTH. Didn’t see you again so I guess you rage quitted. :P

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

2. Not true. A guardian knights/zerker style build with life steal food and healing traits is very VERY hard to deal with as a condition necro. Maybe it is different for power/mm, but that isn’t the case for conditions. Too many clears and too much healing, and too much DPS.

Possibly, I could see if you ran into a really good one in wvwvw. I am guessing they are more difficult in wvwvw. My experiences with them in wvwvw, have been I mow them down without any difficulty. In tourney play, guardians are easily dispatched by necros even condition ones.

3. There are ranger builds, especially those that use GS and troll urgent/avoidance that are nearly impossible to deal with 1v1. You don’t have the sustainability or burst to bring them down and they have too many evasions. I would say this is true of all necros. Just because you haven’t hit someone running this build, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. I have tried dueling this build numerous times in spvp and wvw and my record was like 25% win rate.

The Greatsword avoidance builds are not BM builds. He stated BM Ranger which is the shadow panther sword/wh/GS berzerker build that absolutely train wrecks a lot of classes in one big burst. You are referring to their bunker build, and yes it’s tough, but they are so rare to see, and the ones I have seen while they are buggers to kill, they die alot easier than those bunker trap rangers.

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

4. Patient thieves will completely wreck a power build. Now there are only 1 in 100 patient thieves out there. Their burst combo you cannot recover from and you cannot prevent them from going back into stealth to heal (see a D/P build). Conditions its a mixed bag. Sometime they win, sometimes they don’t. P/D is going to give some necros a hard time and not others, depending on build.

I will give you this, but how many patient really good D/P thieves have you come across. It’s completely counter to most thieves playstyle. I believe I have mentioned it before, I don’t play a good thief to a kill. I play to get him to run away so I can get away. it’s a survival battle. He is trying to kill me, I am trying to force him to retreat. Once He does I consider it a win.

While I can only speak on the side of power necros since I never play conditions. I did condition necro a few times, and found it really weak compared to power necro.

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Possibly, I could see if you ran into a really good one in wvwvw. I am guessing they are more difficult in wvwvw. My experiences with them in wvwvw, have been I mow them down without any difficulty. In tourney play, guardians are easily dispatched by necros even condition ones.

The Greatsword avoidance builds are not BM builds. He stated BM Ranger which is the shadow panther sword/wh/GS berzerker build that absolutely train wrecks a lot of classes in one big burst. You are referring to their bunker build, and yes it’s tough, but they are so rare to see, and the ones I have seen while they are buggers to kill, they die alot easier than those bunker trap rangers.

BM builds ARE bunker builds. 30 WS, 10 NM, 30 BM with either greatsword or mainhand sword/torch+shortbow. There is nothing Berserker about it because the pet does not depend on gear stats so most rangers run with around 2-2.1k toughness while their pet is still critting for 6-7k and gets haste on swap.

And I don’t know what you are smoking about destroying bunker eles. You corrupt their boons, and in less than 10 seconds they put them back up. They can put up boons and heal far more frequently than you can spike or corrupt boons. Elemental Harmony gives them a boon every time they switch attunement plus 2 auras that give them fury and swiftness, a trait at 50% health that gives them prot and stability, and they run cantrips anyways to get prot and stability back up once you strip them. Corrupting their boons also doesn’t matter since a single switch to water attunement and a cleansing wave will wipe all the conditions off.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

conditions seem to be more of a nuisance in wvw than something to be feared. too much condition clearance out there (my support guard can clear 12 around him in one sequence). i also play a BM ranger, and i will occasionally face a condi necro. i will think “oh man these conditions are a pain”, but then they’ll be gone either cuz my pet ate them or because of my omnomberry cream food. or my healing spring.

the ranger just seems to be able to apply more conditions much faster than a necro while retaining all tankiness and some burst with the pets. there arent really any other condition specs out there other than necro and ranger, and unfortunately wvw is all about instant aoe burst, or insane single target burst. the necro cant do either.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Passive condition removal is stupid to begin with. Imagine classes passively ignoring direct damage every 10 seconds without doing anything, or when switching weapons/attunement negating a direct damage attack. There’s just too much condition removal.

Conditions are weak because they take too much ramp up outside using cooldowns for quick stacks, they scale horribly with stats compared to power/prec/critdmg, and on top of it all there is so much condition and group condition removal.

Conditions like poison are also pretty weak right now since so many classes have heals that remove conditions — that should be specific to necromancers and maybe rangers. What’s the point of putting poison on a thief when Hide in Shadows will remove it anyways. Ditto for warrior heal (the condition removal happens before the heal kicks in btw).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kazuno.9218

Kazuno.9218

From my experience of fear/conditionmancer bunker elem is a breeze to fight (except some very skilled once).
Corrupt boon + fear is good, cause fear prevent alteration removing and skill spamming, so they drop pretty fast. And even if they survived i can still finish them faster than they are on me. Smarts one will just run away.

Kazzuno[VSS]
Vizunah Square