This is annoying me...

This is annoying me...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

I need to vent ‘cause this is sort of bugging me… I was waiting patiently for this patch, whenever I got 2 or 3 vs. 1’d in WvW with a small chance of escaping other than my Flesh Worm, I would say to myself “It’s ok, Anet said our defense and survivability is going to get buffed soon”. Well kitten me for thinking Anet would actually come through…

I was a 30/0/10/0/30 or 0/20/20/0/30 Powermancer and a 30/10/0/0/30 Hybridmancer. I wasn’t doing as well as I would on my Thief or Mesmer, but I had fun… But for now I’m just gonna hang up my Necromancer and play my Mesmer or Thief and enjoy killing any and every Necromancer I see…

This is annoying me...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I’m not sure if I’m catching what your saying but I run 30/0/10/0/30 and I play as if its a all in build. My escape is killing everyone so I can walk away. Now in out numbered fights I agree it’s quite rough but doable. Even though I don’t agree with some of the changes (on paper) I haven’t had a chance to test it out and reevaluate the build in game. I don’t think this patch is going to break this build or class, all I’m seeing is I don’t have to put 10 points in Death Magic for GM.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

This is annoying me...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crool.1827

Crool.1827

I just want to verify something before I jump to conclusions….

You are upset that you can’t 1v2 or 1v3 and survive?

This is annoying me...

in Necromancer

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

I just want to verify something before I jump to conclusions….

You are upset that you can’t 1v2 or 1v3 and survive?

Pretty sure he means survive.

It’s kitten easy to survive with a mesmer and thief even against 5… or 10 people. Hell I’ve run around for 30 minutes trolling 15 people on my mesmer while my friend was laughing up the cliff at them running after me. Sure they were terrible, but surviving with mesmer and thief… it’s just too kitten easy. Mostly because of how terribly OP stealth is.
Other classes can run away far easier then necro will ever be able to.
Elementalist can simply lightning ball away with offhand dagger and in other case, AE slow/root/stun with near perma swiftness.
Engineer can perma swiftness and got a plentora of tools to escape.
Hunter… I don’t know enough about them to say.
Warrior will just charge out of the fight with their GS.
Guardian… they just tank it and don’t care.

Necro… Our only real defense is DS and it’s extremely unreliable. We got nearly no CC, lack swiftness and got no stability aside from one very deep crappy trait.
Worm is our only option aside from spectral walk against terrible players.

This is annoying me...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crool.1827

Crool.1827

Not sure if you read what I posted and didn’t understand it, but that is what I said.

I am not trying to be rude or a kitten, but complaining about not being able to 1v2 or 1vwhatever is just that… complaining.

IMO, the real topic of discussion should be whether ANY profession should be able to 1v2+ and survive considering all parties have equal skill level. Which leads to another topic of discussion… not everyone is equal in skill level. Although most seem to claim a certain level of skill, but in reality don’t have said skills.