This is not a Esport

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Before my grammar horror party starts i’d want to say

a) I’m not a necro fan boy, but the necro is my main

b) I play Spvp (In fact i’m champion hunter (yeah, champion hunter) and i played a lot of tournaments with my necro too) In fact i stopped playing due the hilarious matchmaking system, and because it becomes monotonous

c) I have a guardian // mesmer in full ascended

d) I got a thief // ranger in full exotics

I got no problems to post my pics here

What i’m trying to say is that i’m not fully biased, I played all the games modes, I played almost all classes and in my opinion necromancers are #########

I’m using the same terror build since months, seems that .5 seconds more on doom (when the enemy is way too close to me) and a glowing wall that even a 5 years old child could avoid made me overpowered

When you claim that a backstab damage is way too high people respond “l2p roll a thief and learn how to counter”, so i did

But when people bounce against this glowing wall the response is “okay we’ll nerf it”

You gave me burning when nobody ask for it

You gave me a new DoT condition when nobody ask for it

Now corrupt boon, DS, staff marks and terror damage has been nerfed

Yes, terror damage… do you guys have any idea of how much damage can other classes do?

You didn’t gave us tools to survive

You didn’t gave us tools to avoid enemies be able to escape

Our trait tree still is a mess, is awful, is horrible, is painful, it makes me cry

Our cast times still are atrocious

Some of our skills // traits are useless, some are senseless

Why don’t you nerf the backstab damage? Why don’t you nerf the D/P stealth abuse? Why don’t you nerf the enginner // guardian atrocious survivavility? Why don’t you nerf the elementalist ridiculous damage?

Wanna know why? Because you are lacking courage, but you can do whatever you want to us because the necromancer’s community is small, a patch like this for thieves would result in a hell in earth

Anybody here remember when thieves’s stealth were nerfed? It lasted a week and it was reverted

Soon we’ll see less and less variety, soon WvW will become a “stealth wars” when everybody is able to hide // run //burst others

Wake up, nobody plays Spvp… 70% do PvE, 29% do WvW and 1% plays Spvp

[u]YOU ARE BALANCING THE GAME TOWARDS THE 0,01% OF THE COMUNITY, END GAME FOR MOST PEOPLE IS A LEGENDARY WEAPON OR WvW, DON’T YOU SEE IT?![/u]

You are ruining the game experience for the 99.99% remaining, please wake up Anet

[u]This is the best game i ever played, but it’s not an Esport[/u]

Wanna do a Esport, do it but BALANCE SPVP APART FROM THE REST OF THE GAME

/Rage quit

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I have one thing to say:

30/20/0/0/20

Stop whining, you’re still OP.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Engels.8537

Wow you read fast

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Behemoth.2193

Behemoth.2193

We’re OP, but not in the “right” ways. That 30 at the beginning there? For burning, something he mentions that most if not all of us didn’t want/need, and that led to a never ending QQ about condi burst damage, which I agree is ridiculous. OP does bring somewhat valid points, about trait lines, tools to survive, etc. They just buffed our damage to OP levels with conditions, not what we needed. He’s “whining” about that.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

I have one thing to say:

30/20/0/0/20

/clap
You are so brilliant. This is the most enlightening piece of information I have ever seen.
/sarcasm

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Amen Engels…

the devs just don’t have a customer centric attitude, they are still trying to fit the square peg in the esport hole and trying to balance the game on some terrible arena maps.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

thank you Engels……and ill bring this point up…..Burning…?….BURNING?
What part of the aspect of death is ever considered BURNING?!?!?!
We are NECROMANCERS , not ELEMENTALISTS!!!!
WE BRING THE COLD TOUCH OF DEATH IN GRENTGHS NAME!!!! NOT BALTHAZAARS!!!!

In Short , REMOVED DHUUMFIRE , NOONE wanted it , reverse some of the nerfs (aka the terror dmg nerf). We are NECROMANCERS , we bring the cold touch of death , not the hot burning wrath of balthazaar , we reap terror into those that fear death.

;-P

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

also dont expect thieves to ever recieve a nerf , its been made clear at this point that wont ever happen , its been the most complained about class because of stealth abuse and we see NOTHING for it. i see catering to the thief community and its sad. at this rate the game will be run into the ground (bad thing too for ppl that have an eye on a certain mmo thats roughly “arround the corner”).

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Seriously, please remove burning. Torment is the only new condition my necro needed and some sustainability like being able to heal through DS, or (heaven help us), some sort of access to stability, protection, aegis or vigor or having Dark Path be a placable teleport like the thief’s SB skill. Burning is hella fun to be sure, but the problem with the necro class was our inability to stay alive when faced with more than 1 or 2 players, not our offense.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

renmei , burning makes absolutely no sense for a necro to have. no necro even needs it (assuming people know how a necro is supposed to generally be themed around in ANY game) , we need burning removed , minions BUFFED to actually be useful. but we wont see any of this , well still be OP again (while thieves are stealth spam / backstab insane dmg) and just get whacked with the nerf bat.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoRdZeRo.5364

LoRdZeRo.5364

In Short , REMOVED DHUUMFIRE , NOONE wanted it , reverse some of the nerfs (aka the terror dmg nerf). We are NECROMANCERS , we bring the cold touch of death , not the hot burning wrath of balthazaar , we reap terror into those that fear death.

;-P

You know what Anet…

I have 100% PvP played matches with necromancer & i’m here since GW2 beta, i’m one of those who just play necro, only necro, the Phantom, the Reaper…

I need to feel that i’m really walking the line between life and death

I will not go to play another profession because you can’t understand how to fix my necromancer, how to make necro looks really like a “Master of Dark”

Axe #1 is horrible
that funny Jagged horror is just…
No reliable escape mechanism
Life stealing is another joke
Death Shroud supposed to be our real gun… unfortunately it’s not

c’mon Anet we want to enjoy while playing with necro, you really don’t feel that something is wrong ?

Mohawy [TEQ] – “I’m Death Incarnate !”
The Empty Quarter || Desolation
http://teqonline.com

(edited by LoRdZeRo.5364)

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: ninao.1208

ninao.1208

Engels.
Your post looks like a manifest.
Agree in everything you said in the post

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hakkology.3189

Hakkology.3189

I’ve been reading posts all over the place. These are the results that i got.

Remove burning, give us a mechanic that applies bleeds a little faster ( Imagine what would happen if we were to lose our current condition pressure ), remove terror nerf, give us better escape mechanics, recode fear giving it AI ( don’t make ppl jump off the cliffs in skyhammer ), raise bleed cap to 50, give minions aoe damage mitigation.

Necro is complete.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: benzegol.5829

benzegol.5829

I want to add also : Make the staff usefull in pvp as main ALSO. the 1 skill is just terrible ! For sake Necro is a caster and must use staff more often

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I have one thing to say:

30/20/0/0/20

WE DONT WANT BURNING. Most of use DONT EQUIP it but in spvp cause spvp is all about ‘speedkills’ (not fast enough? you die!).

Isn’t it ironic? Most of the people i think agree dhuumfire must go. Both necro’s, and others (who want nerfs, so removing burn = nerf). Why can’t anet see this? I never has been more simple: REMOVE dhuumfire.

Agree @ OP. I was 56g towards FINALLY a long awaited commander tag. And then they do this… I ragequitted, not knowing what other profession to play. All the gold is spend on exotic warrior gear. And i can’t believe i’m even having with with warrior! (normally i hate close combat).

It’s very sad that Paradigm (or whoever the podcasters/Anet inviters are) and other top tier necro’s, decide for the whole community.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Anet has to start understanding what it’s players’ overall want instead of what a few top Tpvp players say we want.

Tpvp will always be a VERY VERY vocal minority of the overall player base.

The question is – will Anet be smart enough to understand that.

Balance based on them will never work out.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: breh.5987

breh.5987

So necro is useless? I just bought my 8th character slot and the last class missing was necro. Deciding between necro, mesmer, ele or thief to get to 80. For some reason I enjoy necro, but I don’t want to waste my time if they aren’t really viable later on. My main is warrior so I’m used to other classes doing it better, but I figured necro had some good points that would outweigh the bad, so far doesn’t seem like it.

Shame too since I just didn’t feel the gameplay on any of the other classes mentioned above, but I suppose I’ll go mesmer or thief and be viable in some degree later.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

;-P

+1

Last time I checked, fire was undead worse enemy. :-s I ask myself if any Dev is playing a necro.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

;-P

+1

Last time I checked, fire was undead worse enemy. :-s I ask myself if any Dev is playing a necro.

well its not necesarily FIRE thats undeads worse enemy (though i wouldnt call it good for them either ;-) ) its usually the holy light (aka monk / paladin type of light that they invoke to BURN the undead with it) thats the undeads worst enemy , still necromancers have NEVER used burning in any game thats ever had them that im aware of , sure there are some concepts for diff types of fire (fell flames from wow , cold fire (not sure where i remember that one from but its more a blue flame thats chilling to the bone but still burns)) still a necros concept is about death , death is NOT associated with flames (flames can kill yes but its not associated the same way with death itself) , death is focused more so along the chilling touch , aka cold , never burning , necros (in regards to human gods) are representing grentghs might , grength is death and frost , Balthazaar is war and flames. so the concept of WHY we were given a burning still eludes me. and its the reason necros got alot of attention and these uneeded nerfs. so much of it not making sense other then having a reason to support the “golden child” classes (aka thieves , mesmers , and warriors i think..?) that go untouched when they need some fixing , like perma stealth backstab thieves that are near death , conditioned out the wazoo , go stealth and back to full health with no conditions on them. and they do this solo , vs 2+ ppl repeatedly.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

;-P

+1

but yes i would say its blatently obvious devs have not actually played a necro , but instead tell us “give it a try” when most of us are complaining AFTER trying it. i just /groan when i see this stuff and pray future mmos learn to not cater to the freaking pvp crowd that is ALWAYS the minority of the mmo crowd that ends up imbalancing the game , UNLESS they can seperate the 2 like GW1 did….obviously we didnt see that here….and its a sad day for those of us who looked forward to this game SOOO much…..

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: raynn.9254

raynn.9254

b) I play Spvp (In fact i’m champion hunter (yeah, champion hunter) and i played a lot of tournaments with my necro too) In fact i stopped playing due the hilarious matchmaking system, and because it becomes monotonous

What i’m trying to say is that i’m not fully biased, I played all the games modes, I played almost all classes and in my opinion necromancers are #########

I’m using the same terror build since months, seems that .5 seconds more on doom (when the enemy is way too close to me) and a glowing wall that even a 5 years old child could avoid made me overpowered

When you claim that a backstab damage is way too high people respond “l2p roll a thief and learn how to counter”, so i did

But when people bounce against this glowing wall the response is “okay we’ll nerf it”

Yes, terror damage… do you guys have any idea of how much damage can other classes do?

Our trait tree still is a mess, is awful, is horrible, is painful, it makes me cry

Why don’t you nerf the backstab damage? Why don’t you nerf the D/P stealth abuse? Why don’t you nerf the enginner // guardian atrocious survivavility? Why don’t you nerf the elementalist ridiculous damage?

Wanna know why? Because you are lacking courage, but you can do whatever you want to us because the necromancer’s community is small, a patch like this for thieves would result in a hell in earth

Anybody here remember when thieves’s stealth were nerfed? It lasted a week and it was reverted

Soon we’ll see less and less variety, soon WvW will become a “stealth wars” when everybody is able to hide // run //burst others

[u]YOU ARE BALANCING THE GAME TOWARDS THE 0,01% OF THE COMUNITY, END GAME FOR MOST PEOPLE IS A LEGENDARY WEAPON OR WvW, DON’T YOU SEE IT?![/u]

You are ruining the game experience for the 99.99% remaining, please wake up Anet

/Rage quit

Kudos to the author for this amazing post. I agree with every single point raised there!
Let’s hope when a new tournament comes up, we won’t see another chain of nerfs.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

While I completely agree that ANets obsession with esports is silly beyond belief and not healthy for the game, it looks like we’ll have to live with it for the time being.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

well said they overbufff or nerf classes based only on problems in spvp istead to balance both wvw/pve and spvp separate

why players should suffer in pve because their class does something better than others in pvp ?

1st they need to test their changes
2nd do them only for the part of the game where the problem exist atm it is spvp

SFR

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

;-P

Well, necromancers are more of a hybrid of the traditional necromancer and traditional warlock.

Think of speccing into Dhuumfire as an analog to Hellfire Warlock.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Btw what is this dhuumfire?
Never used it, never saw it or noticed it.. just like crits.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

;-P

the human gods are dead, Grenth is no more. And they are just human deities, not charr, norn, asura or silvary. Those races necros don’t pray to Grenth and don’t get their powers from that fallen god.

In GW2, necromancers are like no other game/story necromancers. Where are the zombies, skeletons, ghouls? We have just non-humanoid meat and bone parts bound together to create some weak, pathetic and abhorrent critters.

Is natural that necromancers from the present started looking for new sources of power, like the former god Dhuum.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

/Rage quit

I agree with you. I said in another post that people have complained about thieves, guards, and mesmers since release and they hardly do anything to them because so many people play those classes. Yet the least played classes get some of the biggest changes. Mostly nerfs, everyonce in a while we get buffs.

I agree, i never wanted dhuumfire. I dont think any necromancer wanted it or was expecting it.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

;-P

the human gods are dead, Grenth is no more. And they are just human deities, not charr, norn, asura or silvary. Those races necros don’t pray to Grenth and don’t get their powers from that fallen god.

In GW2, necromancers are like no other game/story necromancers. Where are the zombies, skeletons, ghouls? We have just non-humanoid meat and bone parts bound together to create some weak, pathetic and abhorrent critters.

Is natural that necromancers from the present started looking for new sources of power, like the former god Dhuum.

there are no demons being summoned , we are not warlocks , hence no fire , we reanimate the dead (aka NECROMANCER) , not just raise skeletons zombies and ghouls , the only thing remotely close to a demon is the shade , and thats a creature from the underworld , not a demon in of itself. we are still necromancers , we are not warlocks that use fire , or elementalists either.

Edit : also we dont reanimate humans / charrs / sylvari / norn / sentient beings due to that falling under the evil type of necromancer that ends up being shunned by society (aka the ones that work with Zhaitan) our necros reanimate dead , but they also have some morals (guild wars standard) to not reanimate sentient beings (hence why we see devourer , rats , worm , shade(underworld creature) and flesh golem (a bunch of parts from diff creatures)) , if we started reanimating ppl we would be shunned from our homes completely (still a bit off from how a necro should be but still doesnt justify us weilding fire , we are NOT warlocks)

(edited by Enundr.9305)

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

;-P

there are no demons being summoned , we are not warlocks , hence no fire , we reanimate the dead (aka NECROMANCER) , not just raise skeletons zombies and ghouls , the only thing remotely close to a demon is the shade , and thats a creature from the underworld , not a demon in of itself. we are still necromancers , we are not warlocks that use fire , or elementalists either.

Necromancers don’t have “death shroud”, or any kind of abilities that draw on their life force, and they don’t have Life Blast. You know who does have powers that draw on their life force to create blast attacks? Warlocks (Eldritch Blast). So by your logic, they need to get rid of Death Shroud as well.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I agree, i never wanted dhuumfire. I dont think any necromancer wanted it or was expecting it.

I wanted Burning. Heck, my Necro has been fire themed for ages.
Although I was thinking of an off-hand Torch, not a trait.
For example if the torch could self-inflict Burning you could use it with Well of Power for Aegis.

As for other games with Necros using fire…
Diablo 2 was the first game with a Necromancer that I remember playing.
One of their summons was a Fire Golem.
That Necro was also the reason I eventually found GW1 and then GW2.

I think that Burning on Necro is great in of itself, it just shouldn’t work so well with Terror builds.

It it had been something like “Vampiric Bite inflicts Burning”, or just in a trait position where it can’t be combined with Terror it’d be perfectly fine.

If we had to choose “Use a Terror build OR use a Dhuumfire build” we wouldn’t have everyone running the same build.

Benight[Edge]

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

;-P

Necromancers don’t have “death shroud”, or any kind of abilities that draw on their life force, and they don’t have Life Blast. You know who does have powers that draw on their life force to create blast attacks? Warlocks (Eldritch Blast). So by your logic, they need to get rid of Death Shroud as well.

you do know life force is life taken from OTHERS (hence why its generated from attacks and such , similar to a vampirism thing) , warlocks end up sucking their own life to fuel their own spells (replenish man , etc) and demonic energies as well for power , NOT life force. Necromancers reanimate dead , plague bringers , necromancers are about Death , nowhere ever do they use fire , not even NPC necros have ever used it , you will find any refernce to death will involve the cold element , not burning , burning is WARLOCK related , life force can be used by either warlock or necro , though necro is more commonly viewed by it while warlocks use “fel” energy. know the classes from games past my friend ;-) ive always been a huge necro person and nowhere do necros ever do anything to do with fire (beyond lit up candles for rituals and such)

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

For example if the torch could self-inflict Burning you could use it with Well of Power for Aegis.

I think that Burning on Necro is great in of itself, it just shouldn’t work so well with Terror builds.

It it had been something like “Vampiric Bite inflicts Burning”, or just in a trait position where it can’t be combined with Terror it’d be perfectly fine.

If we had to choose “Use a Terror build OR use a Dhuumfire build” we wouldn’t have everyone running the same build.

yes there was a mission back in GW1 as well with fire golems that came to cantha from the ring of fire , a fiery minion though , is still not the same as the necro causing the burning him/herself , they reanimated corpses that had the property of fire already.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

yes there was a mission back in GW1 as well with fire golems that came to cantha from the ring of fire , a fiery minion though , is still not the same as the necro causing the burning him/herself , they reanimated corpses that had the property of fire already.

Yeah Necros in GW1 and Diablo 2 were quite different from one another.

To create a Fire Golem the Diablo 2 Necro just accelerates air until it bursts into flames due to the friction, then he instills a spark of life in the resulting fire.
All they need is air and life.

Benight[Edge]

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

;-P

All I saw is that you have zero understanding about guild wars lore. Not really your fault since anet keeps kitten ing it down the toilet but still.
Human gods changed entire concept of magic. No matter how much youd like to pretend that they are human and only human deities that have no say it is not so as far as lore is concerned. Go kitten at Zhaitan for that magic fail.
Grenth and Dhuum are both deities in charge of underworld. Dhuum previous and Grenth current but they are both a live. Grenth is more of a judge/passage deity while Dhuum was pretty much an kitten .
Same as Kormir its not some philosophy… it was tangible event. Where a human took powers of a deposed god and became a deity.

Please don’t spew your opinions about lore if you lack basic idea on the lore for this game.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

Yeah Necros in GW1 and Diablo 2 were quite different from one another.

To create a Fire Golem the Diablo 2 Necro just accelerates air until it bursts into flames due to the friction, then he instills a spark of life in the resulting fire.
All they need is air and life.

maybe , but thats not the same as wielding fire as a weapon itself , thats the reanimation process , which tend to be diff then wielding fire magic (like an ele for example) as a weapon , necros in core essence are those that practice raising the dead and plagues usually , i cant imagine beyond animating fire golems a necro actually wielding fire as a weapon (a torch maybe? XD )

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Engels.8537

I don’t really care “that much” about lore, I do care about balance,

I bought gw2 due necromancer and minions, I played a minion mancer on Diablo 2 and when I saw the gw2 minions it was like a kick in the face,

I can live without minions i said to myself, (I don’t want a chicken, a baloon and two rats),

I used to run fractals with my necro, and I did it up to level 36 but as more and more people started to run fractals people becomes more “picky” and I got kicked several times, (so i did a warrior, i forgot to say that I have a warrior too),

When I started to play WvW thieves were a nightmare, so i did a thief and I learned how to counter, nowdays they are still a pain in the kitten and even a decent thief are able to kill me, on the other hand 75% are able to escape from me,

I can live with it, necromancer is not the best duelist,

Then I found a nice group to do Spvp, that’s why I did a ranger, the whole match consisted in hold home against two or three guys and call for help when I do need,

I can live with it, necromancer is not a class to do Spvp, (except to kill guardians, before the corrupt boon nerf, despite the slow movement speed)

Finally I found a group to flip camps and roam on WvW, but my necromancer was too slow to the task, Slowing my group running like a turtle with no movement skills at all except dark path, on top of that I was the first target always, WvW was like Ping Pong wars with me flying around,

So i did a mesmer, because necromancer is not the best class to roam,

Then I started to run dungeons to get some gold to buy skins and my legendary, and guess what? Same story as with fractals,

Once again i was running dungeons with a class I don’t want, my old warrior,

Then I started to farm arah events to get some karma and buy my legendary weapon, but due the bleed cap and my damage was negligible, and bronze rewards started to become more and more common,

I guess I had to live with it, I used my guardian to farm those events,

Funny part is that there’s no legendary weapon suitable to necromancers,

So I ended with a main class, unable to roam, unable to do dungeons and fractals, unable to stay alive against a competent group, weak to be part of a Spvp team, unable to farm PvE events, weak to duel other classes, unable to catch other classes, unable to stay alive, a free kill once downed, etc etc etc

Necromancers should be renamed “bombermancers”, they are only usefull to drop wells and marks on WvW,

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Lore is lore still… it defines a title, it gives it a purpose and meaning. Without lore you can’t have rpg. Because it lacks the role playing factor.

And wells and marks only useful in wvw because people can’t see jack below their feet due to massive effects and bazilion people to block them on top of effects.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Btw… people need to get out of the necromancer=undead mentality. Necromancer in most lore/game lore/etc is a priest. Someone who deals with spirits and afterlife… in most cases they do indeed have means/knowledge to instill a spark of life into something that shouldn’t have any. Hell even guild wars lore portray necromancer as a priest not some mad scientist having a skeleton army in some random tomb.

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Engels.8537

I know lore is important as well,

I just love to be able to play with my necro, I’d love to be able to do Spvp and WvW,

At this time every time I roam with friends or play Spvp with them i feel like a deadweight, so i end playing with another class,

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

but he does raise a valid point there HiSaZuL , the conditions thing…..why is it like this if necros are more heavily conditionmancers as their best source of dmg if theres another your dmg turns negligible? why was it like this and not MM being remotely viable? minions are useless in anything that isnt Open World PvE , that is something that needs to be looked at seriously due to condition caps being nearly manageble by one person , in turn negating the effects of another conditionmancer…….tell me whats wrong with that? a fix for minions would be greatly loved right now with all the crap thats being thrown at us to sate pvp needs……

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

I have never said I argue the horrid base mechanics of this game.
Hell I’ll be the first to tell you bluntly that conditions or as everyone called them for past 20 years > DOTS. Are simply hated in this game starting with base mechanics.
They do not use all stats that effect/proc them.
They have max stacks/single player stack/rewrite stacks etc etc.
There are too many cures for them.
They are utterly boring.

Here is a bad game but one that illustrates a very solid ground work. Swtor. Now its was ran by ea so we all knew it would die in 2 months. But. Dots were done beautifully there.
I could go haste sorcerer or crit sorcerer. I could never decide in 3 months that I played it which I like more. When I speced for dots it meant 2 things. I was made out of wet paper but I had the most control of whats happening unless I was ganked by a lot of people.
Dots could crit, they would tick faster with haste. They scaled and were treated same way as other damage like physical. You really played attrition class that relied on CC while draining your opponent. But it didn’t mean I couldn’t spike someone now and again… main source of dmg buffing was aoe heavy hit that applied dot damage increase. I could spike someone for 5k with that on tank builds… in form of aoe.
Here… unless its just you bleeding(they couldn’t come up with better dot then bleed?)you literaly play a game where every second weapon overwrites your bleeds. So that ranger that doesn’t even want to use bleed, overwrites my bleeds with ones that do 5+ times less damage then mine. Forget other dots that simply have 1 stack period.

Hell I’ll also be first one to tell you not to roll conditions anywhere outside spvp. Because they suck.

But lore is lore. And fire is fire. And hardly anyone wanted fire. But here we are… nerfed to kitten thanks to something identical to adept trait on another class. Yet we get it at grandmaster… in a tree that has nothing to do with dots. And it caused us to loose our main and only source of heavy/spike mitigation and in general the most accesible mitigation mechanic. And our terror got nerfed too just for laughs. Then our unbockable marks got nerfed too… also just for the hell of it. Oh yeah even spectral walk and armor got nerfed.
And after all that fire was nerfed to crap. 2 seconds fire on 10 second cd? As grandmaster? Wtkittend a sad joke is that?

(edited by HiSaZuL.2843)

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Enundr.9305

add to that , it was a crit proc , why wasnt it put in lower power or higher precision trees? noneo f that made sense either…..

This is not a Esport

in Necromancer

Engels.8537

Yet we get it at grandmaster… in a tree that has nothing to do with dots. And it caused us to loose our main and only source of heavy/spike mitigation and in general the most accesible mitigation mechanic. And our terror got nerfed too just for laughs. Then our unbockable marks got nerfed too… also just for the hell of it. Oh yeah even spectral walk and armor got nerfed.
And after all that fire was nerfed to crap. 2 seconds fire on 10 second cd? As grandmaster? Wtkittend a sad joke is that?

Love when people save me to write in english