Shaogin.2679

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

OP in that thread is 150% correct no argument…

Edit: I would actually go further on the Marks and Well changes.

They shouldn’t trigger right away. Instead, they should blink red for about a 3-5 second delay and then activate. Just to give everyone enough warning that they’re being casted and enough time to get out of the way.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

They shouldn’t trigger right away. Instead, they should blink red for about a 3-5 second delay and then activate. Just to give everyone enough warning that they’re being casted and enough time to get out of the way.

3-5 seconds? that makes them pretty much useless. 3/4s to maybe 1s, that’s a reasonable timeframe for a dodge. Anyone taking longer than 1s to trigger their dodge is 1) tired, 2) half asleep or 3) drunk. Alternatively, a brief tell like firestorm or meteor shower before it arrives but nothing as ridiculous as the tells and cast time from necro sceptre 2 or off hand dagger 5

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

3-5 seconds? that makes them pretty much useless. 3/4s to maybe 1s, that’s a reasonable timeframe for a dodge. Anyone taking longer than 1s to trigger their dodge is 1) tired, 2) half asleep or 3) drunk. Alternatively, a brief tell like firestorm or meteor shower before it arrives but nothing as ridiculous as the tells and cast time from necro sceptre 2 or off hand dagger 5

Whoosh. :S

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

those kinds of threads get me infractions.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I suggest giving all necros a special icon like a commander tag that’s visible on the enemy’s minimap at all times for easier counterplay.

[qT] Necro main.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Are you drunk….if not…you have to be joking then….

Edit: still not a funny joke….

(edited by The Primary.6371)

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

To be fair, he posted a lot in the perspective of an Engineer or a Ranger – and it is quite disheartening to see your conditions be transfered back to you, or a class with more pets than yours…

To add to his ideas; I propose that the Necromancer’s condition transfers are removed, as no class should punish others for loading them up with said conditions, Lich’s Mark of Horror gets removed and a Necro should only have one active minion…

Pair this up with the ideas the OP had about the class and Necromancers will finallly be truly balanced

It is also stupid that most parties come with at least 2 or 3 Necromancers now – they are so OP… I even heard that oRNG’s Denshee is training more on his Necro because of how broken it is

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

(edited by GoogleBrandon.5073)

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Thread like these… make me laugh

An ele complaining about another profession doing to much instant damage… So funny!!! Even worse, he say he play fresh air which mean he can do even more instant damage. This is clearly a L2P issue of some random newby.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

GoogleBrandon.5073

An ele complaining about another profession doing to much instant damage… So funny!!! Even worse, he say he play fresh air which mean he can do even more instant damage. This is clearly a L2P issue of some random newby.

A year ago (pre April 15th) I would’ve probably argued in favour of the Fresh Air Eles since that was their only viable spec – however, the tables have turned…

Only Power (burst) and Condi (burst) are viable, and both have a ton of sustain issues… Power somewhat less than Condi though imho, but that is aside the point;
It is not weird that these specs lack sustain, and actually, they should as both specs do not trait into defensive lines anyway…
However, neither is this an option the Necromancer class has, whereas an Elementalist can choose to be either one of the best team support builds within PvP, or nearly the quickest burst possible – either way, it is your choice…
Support is then not even limited to D/D, as Staff also works in certain comps, and do not even stop mentioning D/F which is a great party utility to have if you got a second D/D for the support in boons and burst healing…

… Hence why I wanted to refrain myself from posting on that thread… It is not worth discussing imho, and you should just let those who think Necro is overpowered ramble on…

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

necromancer OP some guys make me laugh. it’s the weakest class to play top tier solo ranked. Necro just can’t survive dies in seconds to cc and dps. which means you are completely useless and enemy will disable you the whole game till the end. Thats why i training with 2 another char now. That class disadvantage is not fun. I think necro is best at low-to midhigh tier and totally bad at high tier. Why should anyone with brains take a necro to team instead of another classes that can survive and outlast better while also having good dps?

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Azrael.4960

Threads like these remind me of

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-s-Appeal/first#post4907692

search for “infinite dodge”

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Balekai.6083

Are you drunk….if not…you have be joking then….

Edit: still not a funny joke….

Completely serious. Honestly marks and wells are too OP with no counterplay. I guess a compromise would be to make the 3-5 seconds three colours. So first it lays down as green. Then goes to orange after 2 seconds which gives you the warning that if you’re over the Mark/Well, best to just keep moving. Then when it’s red you have about 1 second to stop or be stuck in it.

That’s fair I think.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Pff What are you NUTS!? They need at least 1min warning with an audio evacuation sequence.

Also, why are wells so huge!?!? They should be the size of marks.. no.. smaller. Like, really small.

Lich form needs another nerf. All the recent ones are not good enough. Increase recharge from its weak 3 minutes to an hour. Plus, the damage is wayy too strong, it should be reduced by half.. and then half again.

Necro’s are too overpowered.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Balekai.6083

Pff What are you NUTS!? They need at least 1min warning with audio evacuation sequence.

Also, why are wells so huge!?!? They should be the size of marks.. no.. smaller. Like, really small.

Lich form needs another nerf. All the recent ones are not good enough. Increase recharge from its weak 3 minutes to an hour. Plus, the damage is wayy too strong, it should be reduced by half.. and then half again.

Necro’s are too overpowered.

You fail to see the unintended consequences of your changes. Even with Marks/Wells being so small there could be like 12 Wells on the ground waiting to activate if they’re allowed to overlap. That would confuse players. Even having 1-2 at once would be an issue with audio warnings. Only thing to do would be to limit all Wells and Mark skills to one at a time, which I’m in favour of.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Only thing to do would be to limit all Wells and Mark skills to one at a time, which I’m in favour of.

Yup, smaller and just one at a time, I like it. Bring back the old 120 radius for marks, but make that the Greater Marks version. Untraited: 60.
Afterall, necros just put out too much aoe. You know those moments when you play a different class and the enemy team is like “yeah, focus that guy” and boom you’re dead! But on necro this doesn’t work, the necro focuses the entire enemy team alone with all the wells and marks! 1v5 on point, no problem, focus fire everyone with aoe and they’re dead.
Clearly this has to stop. One mark at a time, acoustic and visual warning like a combination of skyhammer and trebuchet with an indicator on the minimap, and then 1min later they can activate.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Balekai.6083

Only thing to do would be to limit all Wells and Mark skills to one at a time, which I’m in favour of.

Yup, smaller and just one at a time, I like it. Bring back the old 120 radius for marks, but make that the Greater Marks version. Untraited: 60.
Afterall, necros just put out too much aoe. You know those moments when you play a different class and the enemy team is like “yeah, focus that guy” and boom you’re dead! But on necro this doesn’t work, the necro focuses the entire enemy team alone with all the wells and marks! 1v5 on point, no problem, focus fire everyone with aoe and they’re dead.
Clearly this has to stop. One mark at a time, acoustic and visual warning like a combination of skyhammer and trebuchet with an indicator on the minimap, and then 1min later they can activate.

Wait. What about the colorblind who may have their speakers too low to hear the warnings? Might need on screen text and arrows too.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Azrael.4960

Whoosh. :S

Yep, it went straight over my head >.< I was posting at work after all O_o

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

so this is what thief mains get up to in their forums.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Not-sure-why-this-is-not-a-thing/first#post4916725

talk about the spoiled class of gw2.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

The Primary.6371

A year ago (pre April 15th) I would’ve probably argued in favour of the Fresh Air Eles since that was their only viable spec – however, the tables have turned…

Only Power (burst) and Condi (burst) are viable, and both have a ton of sustain issues… Power somewhat less than Condi though imho, but that is aside the point;
It is not weird that these specs lack sustain, and actually, they should as both specs do not trait into defensive lines anyway…
However, neither is this an option the Necromancer class has, whereas an Elementalist can choose to be either one of the best team support builds within PvP, or nearly the quickest burst possible – either way, it is your choice…
Support is then not even limited to D/D, as Staff also works in certain comps, and do not even stop mentioning D/F which is a great party utility to have if you got a second D/D for the support in boons and burst healing…

… Hence why I wanted to refrain myself from posting on that thread… It is not worth discussing imho, and you should just let those who think Necro is overpowered ramble on…

You would have the necro nerfed into a tree if you had your way.

But you should be prepping for Revenants instead of wasting what brain cells you still have left.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It was bound to happen as there is a guy (if I recall states Nerco as his preferred profession ) who bascially made one for every other profession (an most of which got merged). I think it has more to do with the perception that it may be easier to get a profession brought low than to get one positive adjustments.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

GoogleBrandon.5073

But you should be prepping for Revenants instead of wasting what brain cells you still have left.

Things were different a year ago – Ele was literally bottom tier, even moreso than Necro was and is (not joking at all) – the meta was different and Necromancer was next to Hambow the best noob-killer that existed…
… Granted, the whole “Focus Necromancer” was already a thing…

However, in a year people have become vastly better, the meta changed and thus I am willing to accept that my thoughts about the matchup with Ele vs the World is changed that much, that Fresh Air Eles complaining about their weak sustain makes them look like tools – after all, for all the things you can choose, they chose to be a glass cannon who is not on par with any of the established Zerk-builds in the game (Think Thief, Mesmer and Medi Guardian), so I find the complaints to be a bit redundant… Especially considering Necro only has and has always had 2 “viable” options within SPvP…

And nah, I am of course going to play Revenant, but I am not jumping the hype train unlike many others… I just like variety – but my heart is where the Revenant borrowed it’s existance from

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Wait. What about the colorblind who may have their speakers too low to hear the warnings? Might need on screen text and arrows too.

Yes, of course.
Also, Anet should make an app for your phone that sends you a warning in case you have to be afk for a while.

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

To express my feelings when I see threads like these and chat with others about how crazy they are. Been some funny posts in this thread….so…….why not? Not like anyone is forced to read this or comment on it. ; P

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

The Primary.6371

Things were different a year ago – Ele was literally bottom tier, even moreso than Necro was and is (not joking at all) – the meta was different and Necromancer was next to Hambow the best noob-killer that existed…
… Granted, the whole “Focus Necromancer” was already a thing…

However, in a year people have become vastly better, the meta changed and thus I am willing to accept that my thoughts about the matchup with Ele vs the World is changed that much, that Fresh Air Eles complaining about their weak sustain makes them look like tools – after all, for all the things you can choose, they chose to be a glass cannon who is not on par with any of the established Zerk-builds in the game (Think Thief, Mesmer and Medi Guardian), so I find the complaints to be a bit redundant… Especially considering Necro only has and has always had 2 “viable” options within SPvP…

And nah, I am of course going to play Revenant, but I am not jumping the hype train unlike many others… I just like variety – but my heart is where the Revenant borrowed it’s existance from

Lol you misunderstood clearly, it was implied that you should be prepping to complain and cry for “nerfs” towards the revenant….

(edited by The Primary.6371)

Threads like these...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I love this thread xD can we keep it going and make it a thing. This sense of community in our necros’ time of hardship.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia