Time for an Upgrade for my MM?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saraphina.6930

Saraphina.6930

I’ve been running the same MM build on my Necro for quite some time and I feel like an upgrade may be in order. Not that I’m doing poorly, just that with so many new game releases, I’m worried I’m not doing my best.

I’d really like to stay as a Minion Master, since it’s so incredibly fun. However, sometimes in dungeons I switch out my minion skills for other things, especially for fights that require the minions to not run amuck :P When I do that, though, I sometimes feel like I’m not being as helpful as I could be if I had traits and armor specifically for dungeons. That’s the trade off for wanting to have a MM build primarily.

I’ve posted my current build below. Could anyone give me any advice on upgrades/changes to armor and weapons or maybe a set that would make me better at switching out of a MM build when it’s needed? I’d like to optimize my Necro for my playstyle.

Armor Set: Exotic
1 Full Apothecary’s Exalted Set of the Cleric
1 Sapphire Orb on each piece
2 Passiflora Orichalcum Rings of the Apothecary
2 Passiflora Orichalcum Earrings of the Apothecary
4 Exquisite Passiflora Powers for each piece of jewelry
1 Golden Lotus (With Apothecary Stats from Magic Find change)

Main Weapon: Staff
*Zenith Spire: * (I can’t remember what staff it used to be)
985-1,111
+128 Toughness
+179 Healing Power
+128 Condition Damage

Skills:
Healing: Summon Blood Fiend
Utility: Summon Bone Fiend
Utility: Summon Shadow Fiend
Utility: Summon Bone Minion
(Sometimes I switch a utility to Summon Flesh Wurm if we aren’t moving much)
Elite Skill: Summon Flesh Golem

Traits:
Spite: 20: (III, IX)
Death Magic: 30: (V, VII, X)
Blood Magic: 20: (VI, IX)

in Necromancer

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Hello.
For MM build i sugest to try:
1.Armors
a) for power build:
p/v/t gear + trinkets- on upgr. setinel orbs or doylack on armor+ sentinel upgr. on trinkets.
b) for condi build:
cond/t/v – gear +trinkets- on upgr. for armor scavenging rune set, on trinkets upg with con/v/t orbs.

2.Wepons:

a.) on power build: ALL wepons witch p/t/v stats
- first wepons-dager/warhorn or dagger/dagger (if need condi removal)
-second wepons- axe/ focus or axe/warhorn (ds regen)
sigils depends on playstyle- i use sigils of leehing+ restoration in pve.
Food – depend on playstyle.

b.) on condi build: ALL wepons witch con/t/v stats
-first wepons- staff
-second wepons- scepter/dagger
sigils depend on playstyle-sigils for condi dps, or wepons swap sigils.

On this build use + x% condi duration food.

3.Skils: You use them all- noting change here

4.Traits
Spite: 20: (II or III , IX)- depending on wapon chose
Deatch Magic: 30: (III, X, XI)
Blood Magic : 20: (I or II or III, VII) -depending on wapon chose/build

Try this and tell how it fit for You

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

I don’t know if it’s worth it to use apothecary – healing power for the healing trough minions.. Recently I made my MM my main (mostly PvE but PvP to somethimes) , I got 2 armor sets : 1 PVT Soldier stats overall , and 1 CDVT Dire stats overall , always staff main hand, but offhand set depends on situation; Dagger/Warhorn or Axe/Focus for Power set
Scepter/Dagger for Condi damage set..
Also; I never switch Minions for other utility skills, just because I’m build for playing with Minions and nothing else, only time I switch my Minions is at the jade maw fractals so they do not get laserbeamed
20-0-30-20-0 is ‘the casual’ MM build that has been around scince release, but it’s good enough !

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Larthos.9217

Larthos.9217

This is what i’m rocking atm, seems to work well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQRBHbhG2IhWpermtG9eCQ6R0UP90DuBPcoC5C-jEyAorioRTgCNVIQZvioxWMLiGreBTXSEV7BKiWtUAXsMC-w

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

If it’s any help healing power does NOTHING for minion’s life siphon, the siphined HP isn’t affected by healing power. The only thing the healing power is good for is your healing skill ((Blood fiend is unaffected)) and regen from staff 2 and or traits.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saraphina.6930

Saraphina.6930

Whoops! The end of the semester kinda kicked me in the face and I forgot to reply to this :P

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I was not aware of the technical things you guys pointed out. I’ll put your advice to good use next time I’m on and let you all know how it went!

(also I know I’m bumping an older topic. I just felt like kind of a jerk for never having thanked you guys for your help so I’m willing to necro post, no pun intended, to say thanks)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

since u use heal power gear, u can use Well of Blood instead of the Blood Fiend. Aoe heal, and the Bone Fiend projectiles through the light field proc 2x condition removal. Also helps with transfusion(heal with ds #4) or deathly invigoration(heal on ds exit) to keep minions alive longer. You seem to use both, although id suggest to use the minion siphon trait which helps quite a lot, dps and sustain wise..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

…. no one running zerk?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

…. no one running zerk?

I use a combo of zerk/soldier for PvE MM. No point in going full soldier (l2dodge) in general, but I felt that full zerk also left me a bit too squishy.

So atm I run soldier on my armor, zerk everything else, and it works wonders. 20/0/20/0/30 build, nearly 100% crit chance while in DS, something like 80% crit damage (my build isn’t finished yet, nor is anything ascended). I’ve solo’d certain boss fights after my teammates died; I healed everyone back up while my minions distracted and tanked the boss. Also did a 4 man fractal run with that build (pretty easily) when one guy left randomly.

Full MM builds in PvE aren’t really worth it, imo. Yes its fun, but it is overloading on unnecessary defenses in general.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build