Tips for Mai Trin?

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So I’m trying to do FoTM with my Zerker Necro (yes, a Necromancer), and I’m having trouble surviving the cannon phase on Mai Trin.

Does anyone have tips?

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Spectral walk and maybe locust signet. You dont have an instant blink so you just need to get used to avoiding the aoes. Its slightly easier with swiftness but not needed. You dont have an invulns so its really just a matter of being careful. Save your dodges and DS for when you get a large amount which would make it a little risky to get out unscathed. Also you could take energy sigils just so you can dodge out of aoes more often.

Im not sure how pugs do barrage phases. But the best way is for the group to split into different corners of the arena with one person in the middle. Then everyone just moves around in their area avoiding the aoes. This way you dont overlap cannon barrages and get each other killed. Stealthing makes the aoes target someone else so thats a sure fire way to get someone else screwed if they are unprepared. When soloing you have 5 peoples worth of barrages following you. So if people die it gets harder but you have more space to move.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I found locust swarm + harpy feathers the best More problem for me is her aimed projectile, I usually dodge + facetank it with life force and then regen it with skills, though idk if it would be so simple in higher lvl if you solo. that’s funny how necro instead of blocking, has to facetank with fake hp sometimes xD

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah in high levels it becomes an issue just because of how dangerous gaining life force can be.

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I found locust swarm + harpy feathers the best More problem for me is her aimed projectile, I usually dodge + facetank it with life force and then regen it with skills, though idk if it would be so simple in higher lvl if you solo. that’s funny how necro instead of blocking, has to facetank with fake hp sometimes xD

You can ds#2 the pistol shot. It requires some good timing.

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You can flesh wurm, DS#2 and spectral walk the pistol shot. Any teleport works. All are pretty awkward to do though. You can also try getting burn then casting well of power for a 40 second cooldown aegis. x)

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

I find all of these totally unreliable :P

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah they are. Dark path has to be precast before she does the animation if you are around 1200 units away. So getting the timing right like that is a lottery.

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Dodgejump aside works too, but again, it needs some timing

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tulzscha.4231

Tulzscha.4231

Just practice, pay attention, and conserve your dodges and life force for the most dire of situations. That last bit is super important – I’ve seen many people dodging when they didn’t really need to then not being able to dodge when they needed it most (also happened to me when I was learning ^^).

Try to keep yourself in an open area (not standing next to circles) so you don’t get surrounded, keep an eye out for small safe areas in case you do, and only dodge/DS if you literally have nowhere to go – just don’t roll into another mess of missiles, aim for safer areas.

Locust Signet is also nice, I prefer the always-on boost.

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Traited Warhorn has 100% uptime on Flee.

Tips for Mai Trin?

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Blood is power, our speed signet and either well of suffering or our rez power.

As long as you watch her animation. You can dodge most of her attacks no problem.

with the cannons.. they are very easy… basically… DONT MOVE..seriously… don’t move till you get a red circle around you and then move outside it.. ofc plan where you roughly will go and try not to get boxed in.
stealth can work but i rarely use it.. the one thing I DO USE is.. dodge/endurance food… 40% endurance refill boost is very handy for the whole fight… I try to be away from others to limit the circles and normally pan out to an almost birds eye view.

also on other notes…. don’t type during the cannon phase… stupid to say.. but people do it.. and die.
Don’t rez either… though it’s a personal choice…I find most of the time the circles hit too fast to rez.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes