Tired of Necromancer

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monarch.4026

Monarch.4026

Well I tried. I really tried. Necros were my only interest in this game and the lack of consideration and plain care to this class while thieves and mesmers run around ridiculously over powered is more than I can take. I’m not going to be manipulated into another profession or sit here waiting for real balance in this game. I’m so discouraged that logging on to my necro doesn’t interest me anymore. I feel I have nothing to look forward too but getting owned in seconds. To make matters worse, the complete lack of consideration to necro players just seals the deal. I’m not going to be part of a game where devs ignore players until the players quit complaining just because we know nothing will be done. I’m not going to be part of a game where devs completely keep players in the dark about what if anything will be done

I have nothing to look forward too and nothing to be excited about with this profession. I’m so sick of hearing my friends in TS saying how much they love their thief or Mesmer, how much fun they are to play when what they mean is how op they are. Done. I promise you that it’s not lack of content, it’s not lack of PVp or any if that. It’s just the hopelessness I feel logging in and playing this broke kitten class.

Rant off. You Guys choosing to hang in there, good luck and God speed.

(edited by Monarch.4026)

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

Can I have your stuff?

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

ehy man.. i think like u.. but with a difference.. i’m very tire to blast in one second under thieves’s hits.. i feel like there is something to change.. every build i tried had a problem..
how can i win taking 2k damages with a power build against an enemy that with 4 hits gives me 12k damages? 18k and sometimes 23k!!
need to change something..
but, meanwhile i’ll play and swear.. today i roll my mesmer to go pvp.. another game, no words to compare the huge difference between

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deggon.8152

Deggon.8152

I’m not going to be part of a game where devs completely keep players in the dark about what if anything will be done.

Guess you will not be playing 99.99% of the mmo’s out there then as they all do this except for Rift.

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Anet did at least say recently that they were gonna fix necros. To say they don’t care is just silly.

Also the game is very young (only been released like 2-3 months) gotta give it time.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I know how you feel man. I log in each day, complete some minor goals, try diff builds, buy some gear to try diff builds, encounter bugs, get frustrated, read the forums, get more frustrated, take a break, and log back in with my thief or guardian and enjoy the game. I too am trying to be optimistic and expect the devs to really take a look at this class.

I think the Devs spread us too thin with our abilities; they gave us great “on paper” abilities, that just don’t work in a fast moving game. I am of the opinion that necros are not bad, per say, in t/spvp (which supposedly the game is balanced for), but in all other aspects of the game, we are mediocre at best, simply because other classes do it better, and our class defining traits/abilities are lackluster. This forces us to an extreme build, all conditions (risks the effects of every classes condition removal skills), or full power/crit, still gives us only decent damage, with a huge cost to survivability. Almost ALL of our abilties are on long long cooldowns which cant measure up to spam classes. Attrition is very difficult if a class can hit and run you to death, and given that we are the slowest/least mobile class in the game, and have few ways to really lock a player down, its very difficult to keep someone engaged. A good example is our cripples, etc., are removed to easily, evaded too easily, and are so freakin slow to cast that you have to be way ahead of them. Maybe in spvp when your trying to secure a spot, they are not bad, because people have to stand in your marks/wells to keep the point or back off. Long cooldowns, slow cast speeds are really gamestoppers at times for our class in things such as wvw. I won’t even go into minions, because I have not run them since level 30 or so. Useless.

IDK, i am hoping the devs not only fix the bugs, but take a more global look at the class. Maybe play it a bit, or observe it in other areas of the game.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

it’s that i hope.. in the end, other classes make our things better..
how can u build up a power/crit build without fury or might?? mesmer and ranger inflict bleeding with the auto attack!!
need some belancement.. till that, i’ll run mesmer in the mist!! hit hard and die fast!!
necro hit little and die half-fast

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

So in the end necro’s are for one thing, PVP point holding/taking, and little else…

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

…. Do we really need another one of these posts?

Just one day I would like to log into these forums and not see it cluttered with Necro sucks/Mesmer stole my DPS/Warrior has better surviveability posts

Fact is, this is an MMO – balance has always been an issue in every MMO at some point. One day you may log in and find your OP, next month you might log in and find you’re getting stomped by every class.

Thing is professions change, mechanics change, games change – pretty much everything changes – that’s the nature of MMOs – they are constantly changing and evolving

Instead of creating another one of these largely unproductive posts, surrounding yourself with other inane posts – why don’t you just take a break from the game/go play another class/PVE/craft etc

Your time would be far better identifying profession bugs and posting them in the sticky (ANET Devs actually look at those) – these posts add very little value and its highly unlikely that the Dev’s are going to turn around and buff your class simply because you said you would quit playing…..

No need to throw your rattle out the pram

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: instantcoffee.1785

instantcoffee.1785

So in the end necro’s are for one thing, PVP point holding/taking, and little else…

Most classes can do this, because all it involves is being tanky, we aren’t really any more exceptional at it than guardian, warrior, mesmer, elementalist, or engi.

It’s really a stupid excuse when anyone says, “Well you’re doing it wrong you’res a tanky class! Go bunker build!”

It’s a giant cop-out, we don’t do anything particularly new or exciting as bunkers and it’s the only thing we do, because vitality and toughness make everyone tanky, and we get condition removal.

So do guardians, who also get a lot more retaliation, knockbacks, healing, etc. that let them not only hold points, but take them by knocking the enemy off so they can turn it over time.

I just started playing an Ele build with 30 point arcane taking the various gain X based on Y attunement, you just shuffle F1-4 and you’re unkillable, do good damage, and have way more support for your team than a necro, it’s ridiculous really.

Anything anyone says we can do, they obviously haven’t tried doing it on another class.

…. Do we really need another one of these posts?

Just one day I would like to log into these forums and not see it cluttered with Necro sucks/Mesmer stole my DPS/Warrior has better surviveability posts

Fact is, this is an MMO – balance has always been an issue in every MMO at some point. One day you may log in and find your OP, next month you might log in and find you’re getting stomped by every class.

Thing is professions change, mechanics change, games change – pretty much everything changes – that’s the nature of MMOs – they are constantly changing and evolving

Instead of creating another one of these largely unproductive posts, surrounding yourself with other inane posts – why don’t you just take a break from the game/go play another class/PVE/craft etc

Your time would be far better identifying profession bugs and posting them in the sticky (ANET Devs actually look at those) – these posts add very little value and its highly unlikely that the Dev’s are going to turn around and buff your class simply because you said you would quit playing…..

No need to throw your rattle out the pram

It’s the community’s right as the customers to voice their opinion, it’s the producer’s duty to try to make them happy, if they want them to buy expansions, gems or anything else, that consumer has to be enjoying the game. We aren’t responsible for the success or failure of the game.

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

I’m happy for the community to voice their oppinion, but how about keeping that oppinion to one thread (hell even ask for it to be a sticky) as opposed to a new one every day.

I’m quite sure you didn’t read my post before replying, but as someone who has plaayed a number of MMOs – balance will always be an issue whether it favours your class or not.

These posts aren’t constructive….. please dont start the whole entitlement argument. It’s solely your oppinion what the Devss duty is, as a consumer you are obliged to a working product (and yes we have bugs I accept that) but the class isn’t half as boken as some of these threads make it out to be.

I am enjoying the game regardless of the bugs, just a shame more people couldnt think like that ^^

(edited by Savan.8495)

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

While i see where you’re coming from Savan, it’s the plain truth that there is nothing a necromancer can do that another class can do better/faster/easier.

Not only does our class mechanic reduce us to 4 skills but it’s also timed even when taking no dmg, has reduced availability until we actually fight something and the traitline which is supposed to work off it nerfs it instead- does any other profession suffer from this bs with their class mechanic?

Name one thing which a necro is better at than any other class. The only thing i can think of is spreading conditions around, but we all know how easy they are to remove which sets us back to square 1 with skills on cd having done zero dmg.

When i read over the warrior traits i almost spat out my coffee. That class is so obviously OP that actually choosing a necro seems stupid- a simple comparison of traitlines is like night and day with warrior and necro. It almost looks like they gave the necro profession to a part-timer to design; it needs to go back to the drawing board imo.

tl;dr: while most classes are better at one or two aspects of the game than others, anything a necro tries to do is sub-par with every other class.

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

ew do a lot of things, but nothing is done excellent.. so, i’ ll roll a thief and till that i’ll run mesmer.. 2 different worlds

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

You missed condition ‘juggling’ control and marks (both unique features) ^^

I have no problem with you listing our issues, but can we keep it to one thread

Who knows it might even garner more attanetion from the Devs if they see a post with over 40 pages as opposed to 900 random posts with 1-2 pages which quickly gets swallowed up in the forum

I acknowledge the bugs our class has, and yes some classes appear better on paper… however as I have mentioned time and time again

It’s an MMO kitten changes…. deal with it

(edited by Savan.8495)

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Likely the initial posts are spur of the moment frustration vents. And under that scenario finding a existing thread of the same topic gets overruled by emotions.

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Actually i just thought of something- we have more combo fields than any other class (light, dark, poison, ethereal) but lack in combo finishers :/

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Likely the initial posts are spur of the moment frustration vents. And under that scenario finding a existing thread of the same topic gets overruled by emotions.

tu che

Tired of Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeroRaiNs.7154

ZeroRaiNs.7154

It’s the community’s right as the customers to voice their opinion, it’s the producer’s duty to try to make them happy, if they want them to buy expansions, gems or anything else, that consumer has to be enjoying the game. We aren’t responsible for the success or failure of the game.

I have to agree with you.

Anyways, I’ll write some of my opinions as to the OP’s situation. I believe the Necromancer class itself is just lacking originality or fresh ideas that separate itself from other classes. One of the only abilities I find to be unique is Epidemic. The pets are incredibly pathetic and weak. The wells are decent, not amazing, but that’s about it.

I believe DS is just an odd concept. I honestly think it would be better as a utility skill. It seems the devs over compensate DS to be the answer to all problems.

(edited by ZeroRaiNs.7154)