To all my fellow Necros

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

If we thought things were bad now, just wait till the devs finish pounding us even more come HoT. Also, a new class has been announced, its called The Devanant… it specializes in reking Necros.

May Grenth be with you!

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

We have that class already. Have had it since beta. Devs have been wrecking us since the word launch

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

We weren’t nerfed with this change, with very rare exceptions (Axe Training). The only real disappointment was Blood Magic, a lot of changes were good, but the siphoning still seems really weak compared to other profession’s sustain options.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Uriel.6310

We weren’t nerfed with this change, with very rare exceptions (Axe Training). The only real disappointment was Blood Magic, a lot of changes were good, but the siphoning still seems really weak compared to other profession’s sustain options.

Surprisingly, yet… the changes we see are kinda lackluster, I did not see anything that promoted something different than what we have already have especially since they talked about how they wanted to see build variety in the game. As it stands, if you want to play PvP then play power, and if you care anything about PvE… go play necro in gw1 lol. No seriously, I dont even see any changes for us in pve and these are supposedly core changes before HoT? I’m not sure what im suppose to do, but ill play their game and see exactly where they take us come HoT.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Its worth noting we will see these changes before HoT. So they actually have time to balance this a bit before HoT hits. Condi is going to be hard to know, honestly; there are so many condi changes coming, and condi is so subject to the meta, that it is hard for me to say what will happen. Also, will the Scepter trait work like Axe Training did, and increase Dhuumfire by 100%?

I think the biggest thing is if our buffs will keep up with other professions. And I’m not sure that Condi will keep up, especially since shoutbow wasn’t nerfed much.

My PvP Minion Build

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

I think we are going to be pretty good in PvP. Cele might become viable. Overall the buffs here seem nice.
WvW doesn’t look like a big change. A shame we have to take all of Blood Magic for one cd reduction.
PvE Still kitten.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

I guess I’ll have to play power mancer. I am wholeheartedly disappointed as I have been a real long term condi roamer and these changes have broken condi builds. We essentially have one and only one build for condi after these changes and I think anet is ok with that. Plus it will actually drop our overall damage output or seriously undermine our ability to spike condi damage which is seriously important now that there are so many condi cleans in the game. And now yo can’t even hybrid a little to compensate for the damage nerf to condi output. IF you don’t see this as a nerf to condi you will the minute these changes take effect. You think your pigeon holed now? Just wait.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Mutual exclusiveness between Death Nova and Training of the master was pretty kittenty if you ask me. Not to mention, there are 2 Minion traits in that same tier, which really sucks for anyone who invests into that tree without the intent to use minions.

I have my own opinions on what should have happened but we can save that for a more formal discussion.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Condi Necro got Nerfed saying its NOT is a lie

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

Yup it got nerfed in quite a big way and it got nothing instead that can really make up for it

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’ve only seen Ele, thieve and guard on ready up and… Well, my only though was : Oh! again with the april fools joke.

No hope to see no DS.
No hope for BM traitline.
No hope for condi Necro.
RNG trait with ICD.
Unholy martyr (I think, just writing it is worth all what we can think of it) still GM.
Deathly invigoration become… Grand master!!!!! ain’t this a good joke?
The poor Banshee’s waill isolated in what seem to be an only condi line.
… etc.

Sorry but I can’t be happy to see that.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Only very specific condi builds got “nerfed”, and it was ones that took Lingering Curses and Terror. Even then those builds will be significantly stronger overall after this change, but they will be a bit different.

The only concern is if we can compete with the power creep that other professions got.

My PvP Minion Build

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Only very specific condi builds got “nerfed”, and it was ones that took Lingering Curses and Terror. Even then those builds will be significantly stronger overall after this change, but they will be a bit different.

The only concern is if we can compete with the power creep that other professions got.

Exactly I see powermancer and MM users happy that they got some improvements they forgot that every class got stronger even ele yes they did. Improvement of CC builds and increase of burst both power and condition will not leave enough time for necro to react we’ll just try to survive and maintain aggro. At this point I am all for F1-5 skills with LF as a resource so this second HP bar bs can stop.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Uriel.6310

Well I have given up on condi for now. It is really inferior to what power has to offer and not to mention how terrible the the life force production is compared is when playing condi. Its quite laughable. With that being said, I have been playing around with a new build that makes me hit like a truck, has life force production out this world, better survivability, and stun breakers!!.. and I am just loving it right now. So I am all for power, but I really hope they do something for our condi area. It was my first love

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’ve only seen Ele, thieve and guard on ready up and… Well, my only though was : Oh! again with the april fools joke.

No hope to see no DS.
No hope for BM traitline.
No hope for condi Necro.
RNG trait with ICD.
Unholy martyr (I think, just writing it is worth all what we can think of it) still GM.
Deathly invigoration become… Grand master!!!!! ain’t this a good joke?
The poor Banshee’s waill isolated in what seem to be an only condi line.
… etc.

Sorry but I can’t be happy to see that.

I don’t see Condi necro being ruined at all.

0/6/6/0/6

Tons of condi GM traits in curse line, you can still play your own terrormancer because PoC isn’t Grandmaster. Death magic has good survivability choices. Dhuumfire/FITG, Speed of shadow for free IMS.

The only problem I see with necro is lack of support.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Whatever, you still lose a flat 30% condition duration. Thing that you do not take into account. It’s huge.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

DX My precious condi necro got nerfed! Why is there always a necro nerf?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

From my understanding, the stats which you were able to choose from traitlines will now be placed on armor… so POTENTIALLY you could have 30% condi duration from armor without even focusing on Spite Traitline.
Ever seen a 0/6/6/0/6 condi Necro with 85% condi duration AND Dhuumfire? Condi duration of a Spite Necro with burning, survival of a Death Magic Necro and Soul Reaping. Condi Necros won’t have problems….
We’ll see how it will play out with other professions’ buffs though.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Whatever, you still lose a flat 30% condition duration. Thing that you do not take into account. It’s huge.

From the curse trait stat?

Good. I don’t want trait stats to decide what builds I run. In addition, ANet will add stats to our baseline and gears, so it isn’t a problem, we’ll see.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Standard 0/6/X/0/X condi didn’t lose any duration, only 6/4/0/0/4 or the pretty rare 4/6/0/0/4 did, and Terror is not very necessary in that build with the new Lingering Curse, which gives full condition duration.

My PvP Minion Build

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Standard 0/6/X/0/X condi didn’t lose any duration, only 6/4/0/0/4 or the pretty rare 4/6/0/0/4 did, and Terror is not very necessary in that build with the new Lingering Curse, which gives full condition duration.

Those variations are different from mines, in the end I ended with 6 6 0 2 0 scepter dagger/warhorn I do ranked with it and it suits me better than the rest and somehow I gave up staff. I will say AoE boon generation as well as AoE cleansing are off the charts and other classes received improvements in AoE and single condition generation while boon hate doesn’t seem improved, necro just got tossed around there and there.

I’ll rebuild my myself but they were no real improvements even increase crit per condition, what’s the point I am slow casting,vulnerable to CC and cleansing is everywhere. Possible piercing dhuumfire life blast will be as bad as an AoE condition generator as blah blah Renewal was as healing allies. Utilities are not open for Epidemic being focused on CB+2 stunbreaks choosing FotG over Dhuumfire makes it worse and again AoE cleansing and boon generation is off the charts.

If they want necro to maintain,f it ever did,the debuffer role why can’t they do it right??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

There is another Nerf to those Condi Necros that use SoS aswell since the Adept Signet recharge trait is now GM in Spite Traitline wichh I basicly see no Condi Necro going for so 48sec SoS is 60sec.

not saying all use this Trait but Il bet alot did.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Everyone else lost those trait stats too. Can’t look at your changes in a ‘necro-only’ bubble.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Terror is important to almost all condi builds, and I disagree with your above assessment. The loss to duration, or the loss to terror will be our choice for condi builds, and either way its is a net loss in damage output, to an already weak, but heavily used build.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

With 100% duration to every condition you put out while scepter is equipped, Terror won’t matter.

My PvP Minion Build

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: necrofail.7439

necrofail.7439

From my understanding, the stats which you were able to choose from traitlines will now be placed on armor… so POTENTIALLY you could have 30% condi duration from armor without even focusing on Spite Traitline.
Ever seen a 0/6/6/0/6 condi Necro with 85% condi duration AND Dhuumfire? Condi duration of a Spite Necro with burning, survival of a Death Magic Necro and Soul Reaping. Condi Necros won’t have problems….
We’ll see how it will play out with other professions’ buffs though.

There’s no armor in pvp though….. so kitten pvpers?

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: necrofail.7439

necrofail.7439

With 100% duration to every condition you put out while scepter is equipped, Terror won’t matter.

I suppose but at the same time the only place where people will typically use either trait is probably pvp. In pvp duration doesn’t matter quite as much due to the constant cleansing…. with the current system it allows to to hit a sweet spot with condi duration and still have terror and never having to take lingering curses.

I think some people are overreacting but it “could” be a nerf or it could be a buff! I’m pretty excited about trying a 6/6/0/0/6 hybrid necro build.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

With 100% duration to every condition you put out while scepter is equipped, Terror won’t matter in PvE only where it didn’t matter in the first place.

Fixed, you are welcome.

The Dhuumfire thread

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Terror definiately matters, in pvp/wvw. With the insane amount of clears, terror is needed to get a burst in, damage wise. Can you use 100% duration in a pvp fight? Fights don’t last that long, and your damage will get cleared before 100% duration kicks in. Its an unwarranted change, and it does hurt necro condi builds in pvp/wvw.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

I think, what you are all discarded is the plain fact of this new system. Ther will be absolutely no room for improvement.

The fact that DS trait are all scattered on every trait line lead to only one thing : Elite specializations will be done with DS in it’s actual shape and with it’s actual bond.

Thus siphon won’t ever be in a good shape.
Thus, Necromancer won’t ever have an alternative way to cope with damage.
Thus, DS will be forever this d… mid range piercing machine that miss a lot and stay pale in front of a simple cleaving effect.

At this point, the only thing that they can do to pass these “chain” would inevitably lead to a very poor implementation like we already got for underwater deathshroud which make some existing traits totally irrelevant not for a game mode but for the class itself.

This is what really hurt me! This change in the trait system and the fact that they actually stick with DS trait being scattered all over the trait line inevitably lead to stagnation. Necromancer with these changes is fated to rot in this state without any hope fro sustain, party support or active defense that is not Death Shroud. In the end whatever they will do with Elite specialization those shackle will restrain it or simply make it a poor addition.

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

am i the only person that actually likes these changes? ;p (no exp in wvw roam/spvp) 60606 could definitely create an amazing dmge/surviveability combo with some knights gear+deadly strength+furios sharpening stones it’s not a huge leap forward, but it’s a nice small change abit of toughness is always helpfull for wvw necro’s and with anet continously saying “hard end content” is on his way and will be available in the HoT xpac i can defenitely see the value of adding some necro’s to my party.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

To all my fellow Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

I guess i’m one of the only people who do enjoy running a Minion master build. When after they new changes I’ll be probably sticking too ranger, to get the druid specialization. They REALLY kittened minion build now. Not looking forward to the changing coming pre HoT. all of the other professions seem GREAT though… surprise.

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2