Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Go away.

Anet, I love you.

To the all new after-patch necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Yes, go away! We don’t want profession bandwagoners!
(I’m just kidding, you’re welcome to try)

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

Anet, please marry me? I love the changes.

And for all of you new necros out there, GO AND ROCK TYRIA!

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Wake up, the updates aren’t that gamebreaker and the Necromancer is lacking a smart and nice design since September 2012 (10 months) without considering the beta.
They don’t deserve all this love. They actually are skipping work (and by the way getting money on it) serving you cold meals..
Wake up…

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Wake up, the updates aren’t that gamebreaker and the Necromancer is lacking a smart and nice design since September 2012 (10 months) without considering the beta.
They don’t deserve all this love. They actually are skipping work (and by the way getting money on it) serving you cold meals..
Wake up…

LOL… Your sig makes this post even better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Oh now you can go and rock tyria unless you face a thief who’s gonna rock your kitten with 17 second steal cooldown, 3.5 sec aoe fear! They’ll have more fear than necros! When you’re fighting in a team fight, just pray to whatever god you worship that a thief doesn’t join the fray on the opposing side.

You guys speak as if necros are the only buffed profession.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

Oh now you can go and rock tyria unless you face a thief who’s gonna rock your kitten with 17 second steal cooldown, 3.5 sec aoe fear! They’ll have more fear than necros! When you’re fighting in a team fight, just pray to whatever god you worship that a thief doesn’t join the fray on the opposing side.

I hope you’re not implying thieves got a significant buff, because they didn’t. If anything they’re more predictable because some of their weapon sets are becoming more and more useless.

I’m glad I trashed my thief for necro a few weeks ago.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I hope you’re not implying thieves got a significant buff, because they didn’t. If anything they’re more predictable because some of their weapon sets are becoming more and more useless.

I’m glad I trashed my thief for necro a few weeks ago.

well, all that steal-cooldown-reduction is a pretty big buff against necromancers…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Fear on spectral wall?! In my day we had to get by with vulnerability!

Good job, Anet!

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Shhhh!!!
Don’t tell anybody what a single necro can fear entire zerg in WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

There’s soo gonna be a nerf next patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I think we’re all just new to this level of power, let’s see how it all plays out.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I can see it too. Unfortunately.

will see how it plays first I guess.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

But I played a Necro in GW1 and wanted to make one in GW2 at some point and I was honestly starting to think about it a few days before the leaked notes.

Also my Ranger who I have known since launch has just died, have some sympathy for me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

We’re hipster necros. Necsters. Or Hipmancers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I still play MM, screw all the FOTM fearmancers. Some of us MM are still hanging on with dear life.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

Shhhh!!!
Don’t tell anybody what a single necro can fear entire zerg in WvW.

yes but it last less and most ppl in the zerg usual runs with stability so it will not be as effective as we want it to be

SFR

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

yes but it last less and most ppl in the zerg usual runs with stability so it will not be as effective as we want it to be

True…
Overall after test, this patch don’t change anything for me as a necromancer. I’ll probably try some change and a DS power tank but nothing more. The change on spectral wall just bring it to be even with the gardian wall.
We still lack :
- Gap closer
- Reliable combo finisher
- Block or invul
- Endurance (No vigor, no mean to regen endurance = no dodge)
- sustain… Oh wait! Vampiric gain 6 more health point on hit for 1500 healing power. I must be bad mouthing.

So before patch, Necromancer where locked in and destroyed before could even do anything. Now, Necromancer are lock and destroy and they can’t do a thing about that.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

We still lack :
- Gap closer

deathshroud #2 bro

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

woohoo, i don’t get killed instantly and can actually do damage before i die now!

yey

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

We still lack :
- Gap closer

deathshroud #2 bro

Miss 3 time out of 4. But yeah that’s one.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

It’s funny. Rangers were on the same peddlestool as you necro’s are currently for months. Should go see how the rangers are fairing since patch had gone live :P

On other news, Necro’s are insane. If it’s not fears, its the insane condition damage output, snares, and everything else you happen to decide to use. My Gawd….

Gone are the days I could walk over your corpses…. time for some serious training. /brb

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

(edited by Legacy.7360)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I hope Necro doesn’t become the new fotm bandwagon. I seriously hate seeing 12/16 of one profession in hot joins and 6/10 in solo que.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Only spotted one nerf necro thread in the spvp forum so far. Took like 12 hours for the QQ to get started, can’t be that OP :P

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Only spotted one nerf necro thread in the spvp forum so far. Took like 12 hours for the QQ to get started, can’t be that OP :P

Yeah I saw that lol. The one about Torment, it’s priceless. Literally made my night and I was going to repost it when I got home from work but I guess it’s common knowledge now.

We finally get a decent ability and they call for nerfs when necro has been on the kitten list since launch.

Sad thing is, we’ll probably get nerfed soon regardless. I’m not sure if we are really in a good spot yet or if it’s just people trying to figure out their new meta builds. Maybe a combination of both? Who knows, we may be hard countered by everything again soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Yeah I agree, it’s way too early to tell. Feels pretty OP though. I dueled an engi and shatter mes who are both better players than I am and won more than I lost. This is with a spec that’s just terrible for dueling. The pressure you can put on a bunker is just ridiculous, by which I mean you could seriously kill quite a few guards by pressing 1 really skillfully and then `, 5 at the right time.

On the other hand, everyone got new toys to play with so once things settle a bit we will have a better idea. I’m enjoying this right now, but if it turns out that even after the dust settles we’re still performing at this level, nerfs will be needed. Or everyone could run double/triple necro teams for a few months, which sounds about as fun as a fork in the eye. Welcome to Putrid Mark Wars.

Oh, and on topic: I was on one of my alt necros today, this one for testing builds, wearing starter pvp gear. I deliberately switched to my champ phantom title that I have never used before just to avoid people crying to me about necro fotm. First game I enter, some necro says ‘do you even play necro or are you just some fotm reroll?’ Give me a break.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)