Torment runes

Torment runes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

hello guys, sorry for not searching but the website or my internet is being kitten.

I want to know information on the torment runes if anyone has any, I’m currently using perplexity changed from undead since they was meh only to find that fear is not working as an interrupt so the 6 point bonus is useless.

I’ve been thinking of switching the the torment runes, not wanting to use my heal as a condition application ofc but it’s a nice perk vs melee classes when i do heal.

What i want to know is if the torment duration is even worth it when we have limited application and what the radius is of the torment from our heal.

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

Torment runes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The radius is unknown, but it is pretty small. I would put the radius at a little larger than old mark size, so maybe 140 around while using the heal or so.

I’ve found the runes to be worth the investment myself. Probably the biggest advantage that tormenting has over perplexity is that the torment heal is an AoE, and can hit up to 5 enemies with 2 stacks of torment. When piling or in a swarm, this can accumulate into a lot of damage.

In PVP it doesn’t hit nearly as many people, but the equivalent 3 long duration bleeds does at up over time.

Another advantage to a conditionmancer is that torment is a fairly unique condition. Whereas bleeding, poison, and burn are quickly overwritten in a zerg, the torment you inflict stands alone, giving conditionmancers a unique offense and thus better way to contribute in a zerg. No class really has access to “good” torment, but necromancers are the best at it, due to the very large AoE attack they get that is independent of builds, as well as Epidemic, which they can use to multiply and spread around even more torment.

The duration increase is nice, making it so both the torment on heal and tainted shackles lasts for 20 seconds quite easily. It doesn’t seem like much against a single target, but in an AoE the contribution can be quite large. The runes themselves give about 5 ticks of torment to Tainted Shackles, which inflicts 3 stacks on 5 different targets, so overall that becomes 75 additional ticks. The heal will give about 15 ticks of torment, which does 2 stacks on 5 targets, so that becomes up to 150 additional tick from the heal as well. This gives probably the biggest bonus, so you will end up using your heal as an offense.

When building, you’ll still want to get as much bleed duration as possible, though, and this is where those runes can be a bit of a sacrifice. I’ve managed to get 100% torment + 100% bleed myself, although it does restrict my builds by quite a bit. All in all, the majority of necromancer damage still comes from bleeding, so unless you are running at least a 30/10/x/x/x build with hemophilia, I’d suggest using something else other than tormenting runes.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.