Toughness Vs Vitality for Fractal?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaus.8326

Klaus.8326

Hello i wanna ask what is better to have for make FRACTAL ? Toughness or Vitality? We already have big Health Pool so the best is Toughness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

I say get both (AC gear), but if I had a choice to pick either or I’d pick toughness due to our life pool already being one of the highest, bonus off Death pool trait line, and toughness adds layers to your overall life pool / EHP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I don’t know the answer since I haven’t run fractals on my necro (she is only level 34 right now). But I have found that the best survival I can get is when using all three HP pools. All three? HP, Life Force, Plague Form. And each point to Vitality increases all three HP pools. Someone did the math on it and I think it’s basically 25 effective vitality per 10 vitality. But of course, toughness always helps.

-EDIT-

Also, the juggermancer necros max vitality over toughness but toughness is their secondary.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

If your fights usually drag on, high initial health pool doesn’t help as you are only as hard to kill as you can heal that life pool back. That’s the primary reason why a lot of people prefer toughness over vitality in pve.
However, in GW2 pve, generally, the more toughness you have the more likely you draw aggro and the more health you have, the less aggro you will build up.

In the end, it’s a choice of prefixes you can get. If you’re a power build, soldier set (both vit and tough) is the best imo. If you want a balance between power/condition and some survival, carrion (Condition damage, Power, Vitality) would be best. Otherwise, rabid (Condition, Toughness, Precision) is a good set for pure conditionmancers with enough survivability.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

In fractals, I’d say toughness>vitality:

• As the previous poster pointed, in long fights a high HP buffer is worth less. Or to expand on that: it’s only worth it if you have means to recover that lost health. In my opinion, our HP recovery is generally somewhat limited. Every fight that matters in fractals is a long fight, so yeah…
  • It’s important that your HP buffer is high enough so that you can at least take a hit (in other words: so that you’re not dead every time you fail a dodge or something). I’m at Fractals lvl 23 atm and I have yet to encounter any move that truly 1-hits me (except Maw, obviously; and only when I have sufficient AR). My health is only at 20k, which is pretty close to our base health.
  • With the way agony works, you’re just plainly getting more damage from it the more health you have. Health that you’ll then have to recover somehow. On the other hand, there are no %-based healing skills that I know off…
  • I’m constantly running around in Knight’s gear and I’ve never had any issues with aggro whatsoever. Obviously, I’ll get the random boss attack once in a while. But I have never encountered this ‘why does he only target me’-thing that others have previously described.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

High toughness affects aggro. It doesn’t cause the “why does he only targets me” type of thing. Aggro has a much more complicated formula than toughness and health alone but I personally have indeed noticed that bosses tend to target me more often when I’m running in a toughness gear than with a health gear.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Depends on the level of Fractal. 1-9, you can make arguments for either, but against most of the bosses, it is better to be able to heal a greater portion of your health than to have a lot to begin with.

Starting at level 10, once agony starts hitting, Toughness is flat-out better. Neither one will help you survive agony, but since it ticks off % health, you have a much harder time healing it back if you have lots of it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

For high level fractals, you’ll want to mix toughness with stats that allow you to down mobs quickly. so work in precision, then beneficial procs like vampiric traits and bleeding.

trait for the long haul. Go for sustainable. don’t worry too much about being the hero of the party, just build something reliable and consistent.

agony is a percentage based debuff from your vitality, so try to hit the 23k hp mark and then stack toughness. either go 20 pts. in blood with at least one stacked minor bonus in either armor or accessories (i.e 250~ from gear total) and run with at least 500 toughness. making a ~1400 endgame total. (which is roughly at least 2300 armor) if you can, get your armor to 2800, because that’s when you’ll really feel good and comfortable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

as a second post, i would recommend more conditions than power for fractals, as fighting from range really helps in just about every aspect of team based gameplay.