Traitworks: Dead Last

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Well if we get a large majority of opinions on our traits and weapons, perhaps the next time the devs come around to collaborate, we have solid information to present them.

Imagine if they came to us, talking about changes to X Trait, and we can refer them to a community consensus on that trait, and possible changes to that trait. Instead of presenting individual opinions and ideas, we can bring the weight of the community consensus to bear, giving more strength to our arguments.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well if we get a large majority of opinions on our traits and weapons, perhaps the next time the devs come around to collaborate, we have solid information to present them.

Imagine if they came to us, talking about changes to X Trait, and we can refer them to a community consensus on that trait, and possible changes to that trait. Instead of presenting individual opinions and ideas, we can bring the weight of the community consensus to bear, giving more strength to our arguments.

Yeah, they will read the suggestions and simply ignore them, just like every other time we have tried doing something like this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Actually, a large number of things added onto our class (can’t say others) have been due to suggestions.

Dhuumfire, like it or not, was added because at the time Burning was a huge thing keeping us from pure-condi viability in sPvP.

Terror was basically taken straight from Nemesis.

Torment was a Necro-forum idea, I don’t recall if Tainted Shackles was or was not.

The new Weakening Shroud change was based on feedback.

The changes to all siphon skills now scaling with power and healing power, again things taken from the community.

Reanimator and PotH being changed: community.

There might be more, but those are the ones I remember off the top. All taken from the Necromancer forums/community. So yes, community input is important.

That said, I feel like the Soul Reaping discussion has mostly run its course. People got to get their say in, and I think any further discussion would be stretching it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Shall we go on discussing other Trees?

Does everyone feel like we’ve reached a consensus on things?
Many people have mentioned that they would like to see some traits scrapped/merged, and I’m interested in seeing what you’d want to see in their place.

People doesn’t seem interested in talking about it, those who answered gave their idea about it. Maybe starting with another tree would have renewed the interest for this thread.
I can’t really say what to suggest to put instead of almost 4 traits which need to be substituted. It’s a hole too much big to fill. Without some approval from the Staff it’s an hard job. It would be nice if they would brainstorm some of their ideas with us.

-MATTER of FACTS:
We are pretty sure people want to get Strenght of Undeath boosted to a reasonable standard and Shade instead of Foot in the Grave.

-IDEA#1:
Maybe we can merge Soul Marks with Staff Mastery with no boosts and totally replace Fear of Death with Mark of Revival.. Then we should find a replacement for Fear of Death…
But then what to put instead of Soul Marks? We should maybe lurk into some discarded BETA trait or make something that would be worth taking in builds which doesn’t use Master of Terror and Near to Death to allow more build variety. (Master of Terror is often used in PVP by terror builds and usually by powermancers, in PVE it’s situational; Near to Death is occasionally used in power builds in both PVP and PVE -Furious Demise and Fury uptime, Weakening Shroud and Weakness uptime, or Shrouded Removal, atm sucks badly for Deathly Invigoration-).

They would be 2 Master Traits to be worked.

-IDEA#2:
Or maybe move Foot in the Grave to Master Trait and modify it to give stability after Death Shroud or something similiar, by the moment it would compete with Near to Death with 20 Trait Points and their combo wouldn’t be taken without spending 30 points in Soul Reaping and discarding a Grand Master Trait.

PS: in this situation nobody would aim for the FitG+NtD combo because alone the new FitG would be a weaker replacement for Shade which would be anyway valuable and avialable in whatever build. More build variety allowed!

What do you think about it?

-IDEA#3
By the moment we have some “free slots” in 2 Master Traits and 2 Adept Traits, what about putting inside some Traits to help those builds which often doesn’t put traits in Soul Reaping to create more build variety?
We can propose to put in something to help Minion Masters or Condimancers, or maybe Wells..

Something like… “When in Death Shroud” your wells generate x% LF"…
“When Minions Dies (both death by steel or sacrifice) they give x% LF”…
“Your dots gives periodical x% LF”… (consider combos with Epidemic to balance it)

Attachments:

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

People doesn’t seem interested in talking about it, those who answered gave their idea about it. Maybe starting with another tree would have renewed the interest for this thread.
I can’t really say what to suggest to put instead of almost 4 traits which need to be substituted. It’s a hole too much big to fill. Without some approval from the Staff it’s an hard job. It would be nice if they would brainstorm some of their ideas with us.

Fair enough. I figured we could maybe try to submit traits like in Death Magic thread, then vote on those, but yeah, without staff approval, it would seem somewhat pointless, and would probably get messy. Maybe at the end we can try to highlight some general effects we would like to see instead of specific traits.
I’ll start putting together a similar poll for Curses, which I think is our second most solid traitline (it has issues, but they’re not the biggest ones).

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Good luck deciding whether Death Magic or Blood Magic is the worst :P

But yes, I think for the purposes of this thread, its probably best to just get opinions and then move on, and if people want to do similar to the Death Magic thread, then it’s probably best to open that up as a completely separate thread, so that its easier to manage.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Ok, but please keep posting and keeping your threads up; keep some big thread to summarize the others, so that we can get more visibility (we aren’t spamming).

Soul Vision: Staff Major Your staff attacks will track their targets.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_historical_traits#Necromancer_traits
What about something like this as a placeholder for Adept/Master? It would FINALLY hit the target and give almost sure LF every cast. I would get it instead of whatever buff at it’s projectile speed.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Now i would actually have a tough time deciding what to take if Foot In The Grave was turned into Shade and that is how it SHOULD be, it should be a tough decision what traits to take but thanks to the way it is, you know what traits to take and what ones are totally useless.

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

Ok, but please keep posting and keeping your threads up; keep some big thread to summarize the others, so that we can get more visibility (we aren’t spamming).

Soul Vision: Staff Major Your staff attacks will track their targets.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_historical_traits#Necromancer_traits
What about something like this as a placeholder for Adept/Master? It would FINALLY hit the target and give almost sure LF every cast. I would get it instead of whatever buff at it’s projectile speed.

Your diagram is very pretty. :o
As far as Soul Vision, how would a mark chase anything? A trait for a single weapon skill seems bad – as you can see from other staff traits, we used to have more than just marks on it, so it made sense back then, but traiting just the auto seems very miniscule.
I think the way I’m going to make this work is that this thread will serve for polling and discussing the current traits, and then once we’ve gone through each tree, I’ll make another thread to tackle new traits. This way, things stay more organized.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

In any case, let’s move on. Please fill out the following survey on the traits in the Curses trait line, and be sure to ask your Necro friends to do so as well. I’m hoping for more responses than last time.
Survey Link.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Come on people, click the link and give your most sober opinion.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Done. Curses probably needs the least amount of work of all trait lines.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Minors

- Barbed precision: It’s okay, but i would get rid off these type of minors in the game, that passively applies all kind of stuff. That way it would leave more space for condi users on a mob and don’t push out effective (haha ..) conditions with a low damage one.
- Furious demise: Solid trait. Since its in a Precision / Cnd dmg line, most of the offensive traits should be here. With the removal of Near to death this traits uptime could be increased. I wish it would be party wide …
- Target the weak: I have three problem with this. First, its not Spite 25 minor. Second its not benefiting much for condi builds and finally, other classes get 10% bonus dmg just from one condition. Needs heavy tweaking. Maybe, just maybe here we should get something that alters chill, thus making condi builds control aspect more usefull and its still available more or less to power / hybrid builds. Toughts on that?

Majors

I – Toxic landing: Does anyone use these abilities anywhere? And the trigger effect is just plain stupid. Remove it.
II – Hemophilia: Nice to have, not mandatory. But why just bleed and not everything else?
III – Chilling Darkness: Interesting trait, ads extra control for us, but the chill uptime could be higher.
IV – Enfeeble: Seriously? When we talked about in the Dec 10th patch thread, i mentioned that it must be at least 3s weakness by default, dont care about the bleeds. In this way its really, really underwhelming. Near to death holds back something. Again.
V – Reaper’s precision: Needs a rework with the numbers, but its a really good trait. Maybe make it to trigger on hit by a chance or / and increase the percentage. Or the LF gaining.
VI – Focused rituals: My favorite adept trait. Niche, but awesome for what it does. Great.

VII – Master of corruption: Standard CDR, good.
VIII – Banshee’s wail: With the 50% effect increase it become a great trait. Love it.
IX – Terror: Aww, terror. Everybody loves it.
X – Spectral attunement: I like the fact it does something else beside the cd reduction. Maybe implement the idea on other skills as well?

XI – Lingering curse: Its good in it what it does, but its just too weak for a GM trait, move it to master trait. Or get the X% increase on all conditions trait and remove it with Hemophilia too. That way it would free up 30 points from spite and Dhuumfire need to be removed anyway …. You get the idea.
XII – Withering precision: Oh boy its so bad i cant even describe it. Thief gets it as an on hit effect and with only 15s cd as a 15 point minor. I know, they need to poison first, but dagger auto does it already. So move it and tweak with the numbers or keep it, but make it aoe / splash.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

My opinion is that the minors are fine. Id like furious demise to be group fury just to improve necro support in pve. But so much more than that needs to be done to fix necro in pve.

For the majors.

I – Toxic landing – Every class has this type of trait as adept. Its good for what it does. No change needed. You cannot remove this trait otherwise you have to remove every other classes fall damage trait.

II – Hemophilia – Pretty nice trait. Dont think it needs any changes.

III – Chilling Darkness – 1 second of chill per blind is crap. We have a severe lack of blinds and blast finishers to use in our dark fields. So the only skill this trait is useful with is chilling darkness. It needs to be improved in someway so that it is useful with other blinds/skills aswell.

IV – Enfeeble – They acknowledged my feedback on this and its a fair change. I do think that weakness could be improved to 3 seconds though.

V – Reaper’s precision – Its fine but i doubt many people use it. Condi users might need it but then they have to sacrifice other better traits. I think it could do with a buff to make condi users consider it more often.

VI – Focused rituals – Great trait. Needs no changes.

VII – Master of corruption – Great trait. Needs no changes.

VIII – Banshee’s wail – Latest change just made a good trait even better.

IX – Terror – Terror is fine. I still think it should be a grandmaster though. Would swap it with withering precision.

X – Spectral attunement – I kind of feel this is what the spectal skill cd trait should do in soul reaping. I would probably combine them. Or make this an adept trait instead.

XI – Lingering curse – Doesnt really seem like a grandmaster. Id make it increase base condi duration instead.

XII – Withering precision – Really terrible trait. Needs to be moved to master tier and completely reworked. Either have it as chance on crit with no icd. Or reduce icd and increase uptime. Or change it to something completely different. Chance for chill on crit?

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

minors:
barbed precision: good trait.
furious demise: a good minor trait that fits in here thanks to transfusion and barbed precision.
target the weak: looks like a bad trait but with a potential of +24% damage, I consider this a good trait.
majors:
I-toxic landing: basic falling skill doesn’t need changes.

II-hemophelia: a very good trait for the conditionmancer stay like it is.

III-chilling darknes: need some improvement (1 second is to short). I suggest a 3-5 second per blind but with an internal cooldown per enemy that equals the base duration.

IV- enfeeble: needs a little boost in weakness duration 3~5s is good.

V-reapers precision: remove the chance modifier and it should be acceptable, a little boost (1.5%~2% life force per hit) isn’t bad as well.

VI- focused rituals: no changes needed great trait.

VII- master of corruption: no changes need great trait.

VIII-banshee’s wail: the trait is good but I feel it belongs in death magic.

IX-terror: great trait no changes are required.

X- spectral attunement: the trait is good but it feels out of place in curses. Movement towards soul reaping is suggested.

XI- lingering curse: Is a great trait since it breaches condition cap. Little improvement suggested by adding a 10-20% cooldown reduction on scepter skills.

XII- withering precision: a bad grand master trait. suggested lower the internal cooldown to 2~8s per enemy and change the duration to half the internal cooldown.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQBAA
Minors:
Barbed precision is fine; Furious Demise is awesome for both Condi and Power builds; Target the Weak is nice in PVE for Power builds, but it has less synergy with condition damage based builds.

Majors:
I) Toxic Landing: Somehow decent, easy to get. I’m neutral, it’s too much situational, but doesn’t give any problem of trait selection by the moment this tree has a lot of good traits between Adept and Master.
It’s a Runner trait, often used un WVW. Maybe merge or work it with Speed of Shadows in Soul Reaping treeline?

II) Hemophilia: It’s both averagely decent and not that good, in PVP that’s because conditions are easily and often dispelled, in PVE it’s ok, but bleeds duration are hindered by the bleeding cap.. (and if we keep in mind that conditions can’t deal with objects…). Maybe change it to make Bleeds deal more damage.

III) Chilling Darkness: Extremely situational. I don’t agree with situational inefficent traits and spells. It needs a change.

IV) Weakening Shroud: It used to be an awesome trait, it’s still fine, but the Weakness should be raised to 3 seconds duration.

V) Reaper’s Precision: Somehow decent, nice for Power/crit based builds, mostly used in PVE.

VI) Focused Rituals: Nice trait, good accessibility, but essentially it doesn’t feel that good inside Curse Tree. I’d see it better in Blood Tree substituting Dagger Traits.

VII) Master of Corruption: Averagely decent, not so much used, Imho there are better choices in PVP which competes with it. It works fine with Corrupt Boon in PVP and Epidemic in PVE.

VIII) Banshee Wail: Master trait involving the Horn which is often a weapon used by general Power builds or glass cannon Power builds? It should be replaced.

IX) Terror: One of the best traits for Condimancer, maybe it deserves its golden place in the Grandmaster Trait slots.

X) Spectral Attunement: Another good trait which is nice here because it helps the condition builds which lack LF to get some of it. No change.

XI) Lingering Curse: A filler trait, the logic here is similiar to Hemophilia; the problem here is this trait is so average that in most builds which get Curse Tree traits, the Grandmaster Trait is totally avoided.
It just makes your bleeds, poisons and cripples from the wand last more (can’t say if this applies to conditions applied while in DS).
Average.

XII) Whithering Precision: Once it was useful, but since ANET put a so long ICD this trait has become totally thrash. Same logic with Lingering Curse: people avoid spending the last 5 points in curse line if not for taking Master traits.
Thrash. It needs a rework. It could be a nice support/condition bunker trait.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Guys, keep in mind that Curse is a precision / condition damage line, which is used in numerous build types. Precision can be used basiclly in any offensive build be it power, condi or hybrid.
Adepts are easily accesable and worthwile for 10 points, good for anything anywhere (pve, pvp, wvw).
Masters are more focused on the stats that the line gives, thats why Banshee’s wail makes sense. A power build will go in this line, just alone for the extra precision and maybe Target the weak, others are for condi specs. Spectral attunement could be a Soul reaping trait tbh, but you get it.
GM-s are build defining, but they are bad currently anyway.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Masters are more focused on the stats that the line gives, thats why Banshee’s wail makes sense. A power build will go in this line, just alone for the extra precision and maybe Target the weak

I still havn’t seen any meta or decent powerbuild taking Banshee’s Wail. In PVE it’s thrash, in PVP you have still better choices.
If it would stay on adept tier, it would make sense.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Well then you have obviously missed meta power build for organised groups. :P

ps. trash* not thrash.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Well then you have obviously missed meta power build for organised groups. :P

ps. trash* not thrash.

Probably, but it doesn’t justify this trait. By the moment it’s thrash and people are used to try these filler traits since September 2012.

It’s totally outshaded by Spectral Attunement, Focused Rituals, Reaper precision, even Weakening Shroud in some power builds.

It’s not subjective.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its not trash though. Its a really strong trait. Just because you dont like where it is, doesnt make it bad.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Please don’t flame on this thread.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Okay, long answer.
In pve you have no better option and since a melee necro runs with dagger (best dps currently), warhorn fits to it really well. Fill life force, apply cripple so mobs wont run everywhere and its aoe damage with high uptime traited. Every other trait in this line up to master tier is mostly for condi specces or too situational. Focused rituals is better for WvW. End of story. Even spoj signature has a pve power build with this trait …

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

“Its not subjective”

Well ill be kitten ed. I guess i should just delete my guide and hand over the torch to you.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

I still find it strange that a support/control weapon trait goes into a precision condition damage trait line. I mean the necromancer has already limited boons and then you don’t place this trait into the trait line with boon duration.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

All traitlines have a mix of choices that arent completely related to the stats on that traitline. If they all fit to each traitline perfectly then builds would be very dull and diversity would be even worse than it is now.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Unless listed I have no issue with the trait:
II – Toxic Landing – Lets be honest, the falling traits are just not that great. This one is terrible. Can we please just get rid of it and get a real trait?

IV – Weakening Shroud – Bump the weakness on this up to 3s and it would be a much better trait overall.

IX – Terror – not a bad trait, but it is so good that it completely dominates this entire tier. I think it’d make a lot of sense to put this into the grandmaster tier

XI – Lingering Curse – with the way this trait currently works (it only affects scepter 1 base durations, nothing else), it isn’t worth a GM trait. It literally just increases the duration of a single chain of skills. Swap it with Terror.

XII – Withering Precision – just a bad trait as it is now. It needs to be upgraded into a much stronger defensive option, to counterpoint Terror.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

XI – Lingering Curse – with the way this trait currently works (it only affects scepter 1 base durations, nothing else), it isn’t worth a GM trait. It literally just increases the duration of a single chain of skills. Swap it with Terror.

I agree with your post, but are we sure that after bringing LC to a Master tier it would be taken anyway? It’s still not that useful, it’s a slight increase in dps, it’s a decent filler, but in PVE it would be outshadowed by Master of Corruption, eventually other traits.. in PVP it’s ofc outshaded by Spectral Attunement.
I think it would be better a damage increase buff instead of the duration.. Or anything else..

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Actually, that’s a good point, it really isn’t amazing except when using a scepter, and even then is a bit meh.

What if they buffed it to be similar to Axe Training, but scepter-version? So it also reduces the CDs of scepter skills, in addition to the auto attack buff (which honestly is the biggest thing of using a scepter).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

I still remember when withering precision was changed with the weakness update because it would be “OP”, now even the devs come out and say it’s completely worthless.

Who the hell is in charge of this in the balance team?

EDIT- Actually I’d like to call some attention to our ability to apply weakness outside of utility skills. Only OH dagger has a skill with weakness. The condition should be a staple in Necro builds since it’s the damage mitigation condition (blind is reaaally questionable).

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

(edited by Kiriakulos.1690)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Humans. You know that race of people who sometimes make mistakes.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Kiriakulos.1690

Humans. You know that race of people who sometimes make mistakes.

We have a saying in Brazil, “To err is human, to insist on your mistake is even more so”.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Actually, that’s a good point, it really isn’t amazing except when using a scepter, and even then is a bit meh.

What if they buffed it to be similar to Axe Training, but scepter-version? So it also reduces the CDs of scepter skills, in addition to the auto attack buff (which honestly is the biggest thing of using a scepter).

I like it, improved damage and cooldown reduction on scepter would really be a nice overhaul for this trait.

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

We are well on our way to surpassing the previous number of responses. Remember, the more data we get, the better representation of the whole Necro community we’ll have. I want to see us hit 100 responses on the survey at the end of this process!

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

I wrote a generalized post earlier, but I would like to add more detailed feedback on Curses after some consideration.

Barbed Precision – This trait is excellent and does what it’s supposed to. However, I dislike these traits for a different reason – they are applied to people who aren’t even built for condition damage because they are minor traits. Necromancers, warriors, and mesmers all have to deal with this and can steal bleed stacks from condition users by accident. This is more of an issue with the entire condition system than anything and is beyond the scope of this thread.

Toxic Landing – This particular instance of the “take less falling damage” trait is seen as mediocre. HOWEVER, its convenient location within the trait trees makes it superior, in my opinion. Most necromancers will have at least 10 in Curses in WvW, either for condition damage or targeted wells. Therefore, I think this trait is underrated.

Hemophilia – Bland and uninspired. It’s fine in terms of balance, at least.

Chilling Darkness – This trait could use a slight buff or rework. Currently, its only real use is with Plague. I think that, instead of just buffing the duration, the trait could additionally be adjusted to work both ways – blind applies chill, and chill applies blind (the added effects would not proc off of each other). In this buffed state, it would likely warrant being moved to Master tier, perhaps being swapped with a non-condition related trait such as Banshee’s Wail or Spectral Attunement.

Enfeeble – I am glad that the developers realized their initial misstep from when they were considering raising the cooldown of this trait. After all, that would INCREASE the bursty nature of conditionmancer instead of the opposite effect. Furthermore, it now synergizes effectively with Near to Death. However, the weakness duration from this trait is abysmal and near worthless.
On a side note, there appears to be a bug with this trait; having Hemophilia equipped when viewing this trait makes it show 2 bleed stacks lasting 14.5 seconds each, which is FAR more than the base 1 bleed stack for 7 seconds. This bug does not actually change the effect of the trait.

Reaper’s Precision – A useful trait for sustain. Unfortunately, it’s so weak in its current form that I feel like it’s a waste even when I’m in a Death Shroud-focused build. Remove the chance-based mechanic from this so that ALL crits restore life force – I hate combat RNG anyway, especially in a game that wants to be an e-sport.

Focused Rituals – It’s fine. I suppose it would be too much to ask for this to be baseline.

Furious Demise – No comment, it’s fine.

Banshee’s Wail – Certainly excellent for a warhorn user, but it’s in a weird location. I think it should be moved somewhere more accessible/appropriate.

Spectral Attunement – Like Banshee’s Wail, I believe this trait should be located elsewhere.

Target the Weak – It’s fine, although you’d think it would be more useful to conditionmancers instead of power builds.

Terror, Lingering Curse, Withering Precision, and…Dhuumfire

These traits deserve special consideration.

The position of Terror allows it to be combined with Dhuumfire and Master of Terror, a combination which promotes condition bombing and causes much whining among PvPers. It is this combination alone that is causing necromancers to be steadily nerfed.

Due to the lackluster power of Lingering Curse and Withering Precision in comparison, I believe that Terror should be swapped to the grandmaster position. Going further, I believe that Dhuumfire should also be put as a grandmaster trait here if it cannot be reworked or removed altogether.

It has been admitted by the developers that Withering Precision is not worthwhile. Since it is too much to ask for a rework, simply reducing the cooldown would make it useful. It could also be moved to a different location, going with the above suggestions to Terror and Dhuumfire.

Lingering Curse is a weapon trait in the grandmaster slot, and it has a single effect which only applies to two abilities. It should either be changed from a scepter-only trait or be buffed in some way. Going with the above suggestions to Terror and Dhuumfire, it could also be moved down to the master tier of Curses.

(edited by amiavamp.9785)

in Necromancer

Kiriakulos.1690

Most traits need some number fixes, Hemophilia is objectively worse than Warrior’s trait and Reaper’s precision needs to grant more LF 100% of crits.

Enfeeble should be moved to a more defensive tree and have it’s weakness time buffed.

GM traits are awful so going 30 never pays off, substituting them for Terror and Dhuumfire would remove the balance team’s paranoia about our damage and free them to actually fix the glaring issues in our class.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Ehm, just an idea, but if Dhuumfire would be moved to Curse GM trait, wouldnt be better to make it to the pre-nerf state with 4s duration on a 10s icd? Same with Terror of course.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Most traits need some number fixes, Hemophilia is objectively worse than Warrior’s trait ….

Well we do have better bleeding options so it is fair that hemophilia is weaker then deep cuts.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Ehm, just an idea, but if Dhuumfire would be moved to Curse GM trait, wouldnt be better to make it to the pre-nerf state with 4s duration on a 10s icd? Same with Terror of course.

They are allegedly going to be diong a heavy-ish rework of Dhuumfire. They said a while ago that they didn’t like how it was implemented (both its strength and being on-crit in a non-precision tree), and the nerfs were just to keep it from being broken until they could do that.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

They are allegedly going to be diong a heavy-ish rework of Dhuumfire. They said a while ago that they didn’t like how it was implemented (both its strength and being on-crit in a non-precision tree), and the nerfs were just to keep it from being broken until they could do that.

Uhm, that makes sense. Never mind then.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Your idea was also one thing that they have said they consider doing (both Dumbfire and Terror as Curse GMs), but there were a lot of options they put out there that they hadn’t decided on yet.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

One trait change I’ve suggested before:

Toxic Landing

Change the name to something like Spectral Net, and make it create a field upon landing that reduces falling damage for the caster and for allies following him. This would change it from a completely useless trait, to a great wvw support trait.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Kiriakulos.1690

Most traits need some number fixes, Hemophilia is objectively worse than Warrior’s trait ….

Well we do have better bleeding options so it is fair that hemophilia is weaker then deep cuts.

A warrior’s pin down and sword skills are a hell of a lot better bleed options than anything we have for single target stacks.
Also, premier condition class in the game has inferior condition traits always felt wrong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

they should move Dumbfire and terror to Curses GM trait and revert all the nerfs we got due to dumbfire/terror burst

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Please stay close to the topic’s argument and remember to answer this questionary from Baelfire.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LXSuuzq2Pf95MSClCzTCvgUoBbYm71I7xmrVo9zaFTQ/viewform

in Necromancer

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

Shall we go on discussing other Trees?

Does everyone feel like we’ve reached a consensus on things?
Many people have mentioned that they would like to see some traits scrapped/merged, and I’m interested in seeing what you’d want to see in their place.

There was a trait in beta that added +1 hit to every axe skill. This would make Powermancers damage via axe so much better. Instead of having a long cast, pretty low damage AA, it would be a bit slower, but with 1k crits each hit, the chain would do better damage. That or a trait adding attack speed to the axe. That would make the axe a much deadlier weapon just a 10% increase would be so great.
(If you can’t tell, I like the axe)

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

There was a trait in beta that added +1 hit to every axe skill. This would make Powermancers damage via axe so much better. Instead of having a long cast, pretty low damage AA, it would be a bit slower, but with 1k crits each hit, the chain would do better damage. That or a trait adding attack speed to the axe. That would make the axe a much deadlier weapon just a 10% increase would be so great.
(If you can’t tell, I like the axe)

When you say +1 hit, do you mean that it added additional strikes? That would fit in well with Ghastly Claws and mayde the auto, but firing two Unholy Feasts may be a little too strong…
As far as increasing attack speed, that would be an interesting way to buff it – I don’t know of any existing traits that affect attack speed. Although in that case, would it only affect the axe? Firing quick Life Blasts and channeling fast Life Transfers might be a little over the top.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

OH. MY. GOD. I want to be able to double Unholy Feast. 200% retaliation uptime wouldn’t be OP at all.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

When you say +1 hit, do you mean that it added additional strikes? That would fit in well with Ghastly Claws and mayde the auto, but firing two Unholy Feasts may be a little too strong…
As far as increasing attack speed, that would be an interesting way to buff it – I don’t know of any existing traits that affect attack speed. Although in that case, would it only affect the axe? Firing quick Life Blasts and channeling fast Life Transfers might be a little over the top.

It isn’t the fact that it is a double cast of unholy feast, it is just a double hit. The speed increase would be just for axe, being a relatively slow weapon. I completely agree that increased cast speed of dagger and other weapons would be very over powered.

OH. MY. GOD. I want to be able to double Unholy Feast. 200% retaliation uptime wouldn’t be OP at all.

…no, that’s not the concept. It doesn’t stack the retal duration, it simply hits the target twice.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Where is the graph for the curses survey? And have you considered using a color scale from dark (bad) to light (good) of just one color?