Trying to come back

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: nicolas.9045

nicolas.9045

Hi everyone,

I left GW2 there is almost 1 year and i’m thninking about to come back and give a new try to the game.

So, there was so many change that i’m totally lost.

My questions are simple: what are the most pve/mcm usefull build a the moment?

thx a lot.

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

If you are coming back, please DO NOT play a necromancer. Stay as far away from necromancer as you can.

I love necromancer. Been playing one since GW1 beta. But listen to me; stay away!

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

nicolas.9045

i have only 1 character: necro…too bad for me then

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

My questions are simple: what are the most pve/mcm usefull build a the moment?

What’s “mcm”?

/15 chars

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

If you are coming back, please DO NOT play a necromancer. Stay as far away from necromancer as you can.

I love necromancer. Been playing one since GW1 beta. But listen to me; stay away!

Ignore this – I play my Necromancer daily and love it, yes we have issues but that is not reason enough to stay away from the class. I play a DeathShroud build and love it.

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I switched from Warrior, a lauded and now much more stable class, to Necro, the class you’re being told to stay away from. I haven’t looked back.

As Ash mentioned, there are issues, many of which are more QoL and some are inconveniences that I’m personally not sure if they’d overbalance the class if they were implemented. However, the class is way fun. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you how it has changed over the past year, because I spent most of that time as a Hammer/GS Warrior. The days when everyone said Hammer was a terrible weapon.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

nicolas.9045

McM = Monde wontre monde (french sorry) = World vs World

yeah i think i’ll play a burst DS build too. Have you some build to share?
Before i played a hybrid necro but in WvsW i was useless much of time.

What’s QoL?

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

QoL = Quality of Life

Personally i run a 20/0/20/0/30 build, sounds strange but i like it. Solid health and toughness and good damage.

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

McM = Monde wontre monde (french sorry) = World vs World

yeah i think i’ll play a burst DS build too. Have you some build to share?
Before i played a hybrid necro but in WvsW i was useless much of time.

What’s QoL?

I run a spectral DS build in WvW to very good effect. Necro is a very unstable class that is subject to probably more nerfing because dark path is op and one of the best skills in the game. Or at least that’s probably what anet will say when they turn it into a costume brawl skill. The class can still be a lot of fun.

Teef master race

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

nicolas.9045

How can they nerf this class?
All i tried in the past (full alte, full power, hybrid) does half the otdamage of the other class.
I tried DS build this afternoon (30,10,0,0,30). I expected better than i saw…

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

All i tried in the past (full alte, full power, hybrid) does half the otdamage of the other class.

Because they hate necros lol

Teef master race

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Nemesis, a very experienced player, has proven that the current necro’s damage is worst than it was in August 2012. This is necro’s sad reality.

You can still play necro if you really want to force yourself. But tbh the game is more fun with other classes. That’s why I suggest that you play other more fun classes.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Nemesis, a very experienced player, has proven that the current necro’s damage is worst than it was in August 2012. This is necro’s sad reality.

You can still play necro if you really want to force yourself. But tbh the game is more fun with other classes. That’s why I suggest that you play other more fun classes.

I’ve rediscovered my Power necro, and it feels stronger than ever. I have no interest in other classes, on account of Necro being incredibly fun to me.

Unless you know something about the OP, you can’t really make a blanket statement that another class is more fun. More fun for you, sure. For him? That’s for him to decide.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Trying to come back

in Necromancer

nicolas.9045

I watch nemesis’ vidéo since a vert long time ago. I tried all this build and m’y own i created.
since i came back i tried a zerk ds build. But it Will take me a week to have the right stuff (trying a divity set).
without half of the propre gear, i Can good damage but still so car from other class.

anyway, i don t know witch other class to play lol