Trying to decipher chinese patchnotes for fun

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Seeing as the delayed patch hit the chinese servers regardless I thought I could pass some time trying to decipher the necro patchnotes.

Running the original text through some translators, I came up with this:

Spiritual master? Life extract (down): updated ToolTip to make it consistent with the actual.?
Flesh-and-blood worms: this ability when you are unable to find a valid path to the target will no longer launch … ?
Incarnation of plague: this spell every 3 seconds a 3-layer solid, sound duration is 3 seconds.?
Lich form: the skill applied every 3 seconds 1 solid, sound duration is 3 seconds.
It is not only the spirit, the Holy Spirit only, while they were lying on the ground will still be able to play a role: death:? Servants masters? Gives flesh and blood? Death star? Dead decay? Deadly force blood:? Bloodthirsty siphon? Vampire accurate? Vampire master? Vampire ritual? Curse of vampire attack:? Withering accurate? Barb precision mastermind:? Masters of horror grudge:? Master training? Death’s cold? Impending death

Here is what I think some of these could mean:
Something about our #1 downed skill tooltip is about to get adjusted.
Flesh Wurm won’t explode and die if you can’t find a valid path.
Plague and Lich will apply 3 stacks of stability every 3 seconds with a base duration of 3 seconds.
Something about various traits now working while in the downed state?

If any of you want you can try your own at translating. You can find the original here:
GW2 Reddit Post: "http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2yrugo/1332015_original_patch_note_from_china/"

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by CastIron.7364)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I can get my wife to translate later unless someone can knock it out sooner.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The pulsing stability changes that many classes are getting is going to remove a lot of value from boon stripping. Especially on classes like Rangers and other Necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

So if you get CC’ed 4 times within 3 seconds it actually takes effect? It’s essentially perma stab and a buff I would say

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

So if you get CC’ed 4 times within 3 seconds it actually takes effect? It’s essentially perma stab and a buff I would say

Yes, 3 stacks every 3 seconds would be a buff to our elite stability sources. Having stability stripped won’t be so devasting, and it will take a bit of focus to knock off the three stacks and cc us within the 3 seconds. Though in wvw zerg vs zerg encounters, we may be getting knocked around a bit more.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Atherakhia.4086

I just want to know if foot in the grave is getting that pulsing treatment so long as the NEcro is in deathshroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

What is this pulsing stability supposed to accomplish over permanent stability? If every stability is replaced this way (pulsing) then its essentially the same but better since it cant really be stripped. Unless there is a huge amount of cc all at once.

I just want to know if foot in the grave is getting that pulsing treatment so long as the NEcro is in deathshroud.

I hope so, 1 stack isnt gonna cut it

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Atherakhia.4086

It looks like it’s limited to the ones that have huge investments. Like elite skills. None of the utility skills or traits seem to give it.

I’d say an argument could be made that a GM trait with an enormous oppurtunity cost like foot in the grave has warrants the pulsing method though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Looks like they might be fixing Flesh of the Master finally. I think from your translations that the following traits are getting looked at:

Flesh of the Master (gives flesh and blood)
Death Nova (death star)
Necrotic Corruption (death decay)
Blood to Power (deadly force blood)
Bloodthirst (bloodthirsty siphon) (which honestly is fine the way it is, unless it’s getting merged with something else)
Vampiric Precision (vampire accurate)
Vampiric Rituals (vampire ritual)
Vampiric Master (vampire master)
Parasitic Contagion (curse of vampire attack)
Withering Precision (withering accurate)
Barbed Precision (barb precision)
Training of the Master (master’s training)
Master of Terror (masters of horror grudge)
Chill of Death (death’s cold)
Close to Death (impending death)

I really hope some of these are untouched. Specifically Chill of Death, Close to Death, and Death Nova.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I thought stability would just stack and function like a boon otherwise (ie last as long as now, but can be removed by CC in addition to boon removal, like might)

If they make it pulsing, ie refresh, its a huuuuuge buff to skills with long stability and an equally huge nerf to boon removal. Sounds like GWEN will be replaced by GGEG (still need those eles for walls).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I thought stability would just stack and function like a boon otherwise (ie last as long as now, but can be removed by CC in addition to boon removal)

If they make it pulsing, ie refresh, its a huuuuuge buff to skills with long stability and an equally huge nerf to boon removal. Sounds like GWEN will be replaced by GGEG (still need those eles for walls).

Only elites and skills that already pulsed sstability (Hallowed Ground) will pulse stability post-patch. Stand your Ground won’t, balanced stance won’t.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The pulsing stability on our transforms ought to be a net buff. No longer will a thief be able to boon rip woth his steal, hit his stolen fear, and kill you so easily.

Now you will be able to dodge or otherwise survive for 3 seconds, and you will have stability back on your lich form.

Of course in WvW, static fields come at you faster than 3 per 3 seconds, so maybe plague will not be as great. We’ll have to test out and see.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Looking at the actual Chinese notes and not the silly Google Translate, it looks like:

- Downed #1 skill fact fixed.
- Flesh Wurm teleport nerfed (universal to all teleports)
- Plague and Lich Form pulse 3 stacks of stability every second.
- Some traits still work when downed. I can’t be assed to try to figure out which is what, I can make out Flesh of the Master, Death Nova, Vampiric, and Deadly Strength.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

So wurm only works if you are within 1200 range? If not you cant use the port?

If so wurm becomes the worst utility in game and this destroys necro in pvp much like the lame patch which nerfed life force stacking

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The teleport stuff might only be relevant to the chinese client.

And its difficult to understand what exactly they mean by changes to teleports.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The teleport stuff might only be relevant to the chinese client.

And its difficult to understand what exactly they mean by changes to teleports.

It won’t be because they run tournaments across regions and something this big needs to be uniform.

The thing will be does the wurm teleport you some distance towards where the wurm is (as now) but doesnt send you up vertical ports. OR does wurm teleport just not work at all if you arent close enough.

Both are nerfs but if its the first then wurm will still be useful. If it is the later then necro is massively nerfed.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Actually, there are instances when I count on wurm dying from a failed port.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If Wurm becomes useless, we’ll just swap to spectral armor, which is a rare scaling defense for necromancers.

The elimination of those verticle ports will be such a huge increase to relative mobility that it will be worth it.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Teleport change is pathing if I’m not mistaken. Can’t teleport up cliffs anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

So now we can’t skip that little part at the no so secret JP? Darm!

Otherwise, it looks like we are getting only buffs/fixes

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

So now we can’t skip that little part at the no so secret JP? Darm!

Otherwise, it looks like we are getting only buffs/fixes

I guess I’m never getting back up there once I take my alts off it. Better make sure I’m stocked up on Blade Shards.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Flesh Wurm won’t explode and die if you can’t find a valid path.

That would be an AWESOME change! So what would happen to necrotic traversal though? 5" cooldown?

Plague and Lich will apply 3 stacks of stability every 3 seconds with a base duration of 3 seconds.

Oooh not sure about that… Boon stripping and CC are basically the only counter to lich form right now, this would make it just sick.

Something about various traits now working while in the downed state?

Could be a Flesh of the Master thing?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2813

Dhampyr.2813

May fav part about his patch with be the chose between +50 % crit chance and waste a trait point on pretending we have stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

No Flesh Wurm port on Foefire, Niflhel mid, Temple mid or Khylo is going to make it useless for me.

The strenght of Flesh port wasn’t that I could port 1200 units further, that range is absolute bullkitten and won’t help you against bursters like Thief, Mesmer, Ranger. The strenght of it was being able to save yourself.

Unless they add about bonus 1300 untis range and reduce the cast time on this thing… well, hello Spectral Walk.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144