Trying to fit Boon Corruption

in Necromancer

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Here is the build i’ve been using recently.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kZTozGs5GwvGgeTsEMYxHxlYUk6KsF+VRJtAQDA-TJhHABeXGIo9HA4iAEwTAAA

Although boon corrupting is bad RNG, i still feel that this is a class-mecanic exclusive to the profession one shouldn’t discard. Problem is, I don’t want to run signetmancer anymore due to 2 boon corruption being more often than not rather disappointing in not corrupting the good boons. 5 boon corruption should increase chances of working as intended.

So the alternative is to use the corruption skill CB (Corrupt Boon) to enable this niche effect.

Thing is, I don’t really see where I could fit it from my 3 utility slots :

- Signet of Plague is stunbreaker + condi transfer. Can’t go without it.

- Poison Cloud give projectile immunity (very useful), ticks of poison AND is a poison field : shroud #4 makes up to 25 ticks of poison making it a very nice combo.

- Wurm, for obvious reposition and un-focus mechanics.

I am well aware that should i replace one skill it would most probably be the poison cloud. My question is, would it be really worth it ? How would you tackle up this problem ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I would change the build depending on who I was fighting. Are you fighting mostly Dragonhunters, then poison cloud, am i fighting mostly Revs? then Corrupt Boon.

Fighting both? Pick the one that’s useful for fighting both of them.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Necromancer

Exos.3472

In that sense, wouldn’t corrupt boon work as nicely against DH ? I mean, if I’m able to force them to use renewed focus then F2, I could safely corrupt the stability on their virtue of courage (F3) since CB is unblockable.

Would have a hard time against the bumping autos though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Why aren’t you taking “Path of Corruption” if your build is about corrupting boons?

in Necromancer

Exos.3472

Why aren’t you taking “Path of Corruption” if your build is about corrupting boons?

You got it backwards. My build is a Terromancer v2.0 using fear as a primary CC that procs chill and uses that opportunity to stack poison via RS #4. Thing is I don’t have a single boon corruption inside it and I wanted to add it, much like a “module”.

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

In that sense, wouldn’t corrupt boon work as nicely against DH ? I mean, if I’m able to force them to use renewed focus then F2, I could safely corrupt the stability on their virtue of courage (F3) since CB is unblockable.

Would have a hard time against the bumping autos though.

Yes, their autos can be painful but, their main damage is from true shot and traps, so stay away from that and if you can force them to use stab, you can definitely make use of the corrupt boon. It’s what I’ve been doing.

in Necromancer

Exos.3472

Interesting.

I’ll try that tonight !

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m currently testing MoC + Nothing Can Save You! when I face 2 or more Revenants on the other team. Consume Conditions is by far the best heal in this meta if you don’t go for SoV utility. Shout works surprisingly well against Revenants, Dragonhunters, even Chrono Bunkers.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I always check the comp pre-match to decide what i run in my bar

If there’s a higher chance of condi stacked team like multiple revs, or multiple necros, I go:
consume conditions/“suffer!”/plague sig/spectral armor or well of corruption/“CTTB!”

If i’m going against more cc/bunkery comps, ill run:
vamp sig/locust sig or “suffer!”/plague sig/spectral armor or flesh wurm/“CTTB!”

Dirame.8521 has pretty good advice on taking on the DH.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I would change the build depending on who I was fighting. Are you fighting mostly Dragonhunters, then poison cloud, am i fighting mostly Revs? then Corrupt Boon.

you have just pointed out the single most damaging flaw of the entire class. Typically with most other classes all you need to do is run some utilites that you think are most important then let the innate flexibility of the class do the rest but since that doesnt apply to Reaper, you basically have to change your build everytime you need to fight someone, so what about PvP?

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

you have just pointed out the single most damaging flaw of the entire class. Typically with most other classes all you need to do is run some utilites that you think are most important then let the innate flexibility of the class do the rest but since that doesnt apply to Reaper, you basically have to change your build everytime you need to fight someone, so what about PvP?

Err… that’s what I do for every class unless I know the build I’m playing can take on everything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I’m currently testing MoC + Nothing Can Save You! when I face 2 or more Revenants on the other team. Consume Conditions is by far the best heal in this meta if you don’t go for SoV utility. Shout works surprisingly well against Revenants, Dragonhunters, even Chrono Bunkers.

I actually wonder if “nothing can save you” is not the ultimate counter to bunker mesmer. Boon corruption, vulnerability and unblockable… sounds good to me

I think in general, reaper should be the best counter to the current meta (condi rev+bunker chrono). They both rely on boons (in particular resistance, stability and protection) and are otherwise weak to condis and definitely damaged by chill.

Sad part is that necro’s survivability is so low that they have to be babysitted during the whole game. I feel like “focus the necro” is even more actual than before, simply because everything else in the meta is near-unkillable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I actually wonder if “nothing can save you” is not the ultimate counter to bunker mesmer. Boon corruption, vulnerability and unblockable… sounds good to me

I think in general, reaper should be the best counter to the current meta (condi rev+bunker chrono). They both rely on boons (in particular resistance, stability and protection) and are otherwise weak to condis and definitely damaged by chill.

Sad part is that necro’s survivability is so low that they have to be babysitted during the whole game. I feel like “focus the necro” is even more actual than before, simply because everything else in the meta is near-unkillable.

I thought of this idea too. It’d work if that shout applied the effect to allies as well. As of now it’s an okay skill for sure, but it’s hard to slot it when things like signets, wurm, armor, and rise all take general priority for more general scenarios.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I thought of this idea too. It’d work if that shout applied the effect to allies as well. As of now it’s an okay skill for sure, but it’s hard to slot it when things like signets, wurm, armor, and rise all take general priority for more general scenarios.

Well I am playing bunker chrono (shame on me I know) with my gf on reaper. And like everybody, we usually have trouble against some comps in particular bunker chrono and condi rev, so I tried to optimize everything to alleviate that problem. Currently, the idea is that I am fully devoted to keeping her alive (how romantic), so she does not use that many defensive tools, but she destroys people for me :p
So far she had 3 signets + corrupt boon, but we will try with NCSY instead of corrupt boon.

I strongly agree with you that group unblockable would have been great, giving a very unique role to reaper, very complementary to the usual boon corruption role. But still, considering the amount of damage reaper can give, this is already a good start.

Myself on chrono, I use a variant including null field, which also helps in the boon hate (while also reducing my condition weakness)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well I am playing bunker chrono (shame on me I know) with my gf on reaper. And like everybody, we usually have trouble against some comps in particular bunker chrono and condi rev, so I tried to optimize everything to alleviate that problem. Currently, the idea is that I am fully devoted to keeping her alive (how romantic), so she does not use that many defensive tools, but she destroys people for me :p
So far she had 3 signets + corrupt boon, but we will try with NCSY instead of corrupt boon.

I strongly agree with you that group unblockable would have been great, giving a very unique role to reaper, very complementary to the usual boon corruption role. But still, considering the amount of damage reaper can give, this is already a good start.

Myself on chrono, I use a variant including null field, which also helps in the boon hate (while also reducing my condition weakness)

Couples that strip boons together, stay together :p

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..