Two Necros...

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: iptah.6715

iptah.6715

Often enough you will meet a pair of Thieves successfully hunting together in WvW. What about two Necros? Have you any interesting experience for certain builts that work especially well together?

Rineh, a necromancer on Ruins of Surmia

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I can’t say about two necros specifically, but Necro + Guardian = godlike.

Me and my friend roam in WvW often, and anything short of a small army just gets steamrolled. Thieves especially. They stand roughly 0% chance of killing us.

For reference, I’m running a tanky-ish, condition damage+power hybrid, focusing on using wells and marks, with scepter+dagger on the switch. Not entirely sure what my friend is running on his Guardian, though.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Necro/Warrior team has worked extremely well. I tank the damage while the warrior deals the damage. I focus on removing the warrior’s conditions and control the fights with my conditions.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I frequently run around with another Necro in my guild (Mordaunt). We both use variants of power/toughness/vitality builds and have had moderate success. Not the kind of success two thieves would have. Unfortunately, finding small fights has been difficult lately because of the lopsided match up we’re in.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

My general problem with roaming without stealth/blink, is that if you run into really bad odds, your roaming ends right there. If you are doing well and successfully picking people off, eventually you will catch the attention of a zerg of 10+, and when that arrives, without stealth, you are in deep trouble.

I much prefer roaming on my necro from a playstyle perspective than my mesmer, but my mesmer can get away 80% of the time. When I pair up with a thief its about 95% of the time. We wait for that zerg to move on and continue roaming. Were I on my necro, I would lay dead on the ground for about 10 mins for people to stop jumping on my body and my thief allie to come res me.

Once your party size gets in to 5-10 range for allies it is all fine at that point. Roaming in that size group is the necro sweet spot.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I have run with another necro before and he was running some kind of hybrid minion build I was running staff/wells and d/d. We pretty much obliterated any roaming groups we came on, overtook supply camps lightning fast, it was a blast. Sadly it only took 1 mesmer and a guardian to end our fun….go figure.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I’m not sure about WvW, but I just did a dungeon yesterday with THREE Necros. Two cond builds and a power build, a Warrior, and a Mesmer. We certainly didn’t have any problems.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spazza.6024

Spazza.6024

My general problem with roaming without stealth/blink, is that if you run into really bad odds, your roaming ends right there. If you are doing well and successfully picking people off, eventually you will catch the attention of a zerg of 10+, and when that arrives, without stealth, you are in deep trouble.

I much prefer roaming on my necro from a playstyle perspective than my mesmer, but my mesmer can get away 80% of the time. When I pair up with a thief its about 95% of the time. We wait for that zerg to move on and continue roaming. Were I on my necro, I would lay dead on the ground for about 10 mins for people to stop jumping on my body and my thief allie to come res me.

Once your party size gets in to 5-10 range for allies it is all fine at that point. Roaming in that size group is the necro sweet spot.

Your forgetting about the Necros escape plan….Cliff Diving (And I am serious its an awesome way to escape)

Necro Main – Spazzcromancer
Necro Alt – Spazza The Troll

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

after reading the title I was certain the OP would start “…walked into a bar… <insert punchline>”

/disappointed

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Your forgetting about the Necros escape plan….Cliff Diving (And I am serious its an awesome way to escape)

Honestly that’s one of the more interesting ways to escape a fight when compared to using a blink and even though I only play necro, I doubt anyone sees it as cheap when they have more then enough opportunities to stop me. I hope it doesn’t get “fixed” for any reason.

On topic: I’ve once rolled with a condition mancer and I think it is a pretty good way to fight. I’m a siphon necro so I got in as close as possible while applying cc’s to draw attention so the condition mancer can stack his conditions on as well before he feasts without interruption. We were doing extremely well until we came in on a d/d ele and a p/d thief(?) with a solo ranger joining in soon after.

I don’t like how the conditionmancer handles, but when we are complimenting each other like that? I have no issues.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

What’s Cliff Diving?

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Monoman.2068

What’s Cliff Diving?

Jumping off a cliff and then hitting spectral walk twice just before hitting the bottom to take none or minimal fall damage. I use death shroud as a backup if I somehow screwed up.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

What’s Cliff Diving?

Jumping off a cliff and then hitting spectral walk twice just before hitting the bottom to take none or minimal fall damage. I use death shroud as a backup if I somehow screwed up.

LOL, Wow. I’m going to practice this.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Wha? Deathshround still kills you if you take more damage than deathshroud life.

I guess maybe if you jumped at 10% life, and took a fall for 80% of your life, and you used DS to absorb that?

Fun fact, in the Harpy Fractal, if you fall off the platform and hit DS quickly you don’t die when you get ported over to the revive spot.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

What’s Cliff Diving?

There’s two major varieties of cliff diving that I know of, both based off of Spectral Walk.

In one, you activate SW (when being chased) and run off a cliff. You want one short enough that it won’t kill you and that people will follow you over it, but tall enough that people can’t run back up it normally. Then you reactivate the skill after everyone has jumped to chase you, placing you on the other side of the cliff. Since they can’t easily chase you up the cliff, you get a huge head start while also confusing the hell out of anyone not familiar with SW.

In the second, you find a really tall cliff that will kill anyone that jumps off of it. Then you take a flying leap off of it. Shortly before you bounce off the ground below in a painfully comedic death, you hit SW twice. This should reset your fall height after the teleport, causing you to only ‘fall’ the last bit of the drop. While anyone that chased you (that isn’t a Necromancer with SW) is forced to eat the full height.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Two Necros...

in Necromancer

Monoman.2068

Wha? Deathshround still kills you if you take more damage than deathshroud life.

I guess maybe if you jumped at 10% life, and took a fall for 80% of your life, and you used DS to absorb that?

Fun fact, in the Harpy Fractal, if you fall off the platform and hit DS quickly you don’t die when you get ported over to the revive spot.

Before the spectral walk cliff diving I used to jump off cliffs with DS full or not, DS is just more precious than spectral walk imo especially if you end up in a fight soon after landing.