Unblockable Marks Blocked in WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Has anyone else run into the “Blocked” pop-up when spamming marks into a WvW zerg with Soul Marks traited? I am going to keep an eye on it, but I could have sworn I saw it a few different times.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Has anyone else run into the “Blocked” pop-up when spamming marks into a WvW zerg with Soul Marks traited? I am going to keep an eye on it, but I could have sworn I saw it a few different times.

Hitting someone with an unblockable attack and proccing a blockable effect in the process is most likely what you’re experiencing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I believe the unblockable part is only the direct-damage, making the condis popping “Blocked” as they are not applied.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaint.6937

Kaint.6937

Hitting someone with an unblockable attack and proccing a blockable effect in the process is most likely what you’re experiencing.

That’s exactly what happens. Tested it with a friends guard and sigil of fire. The mark applies the normal damage and conditions, only the dmg from the sigil proc gets blocked.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Everything’s normal then. Nothing more to say.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Well doesn’t that just make all the sense in the world.

Move along, nothing to see here.

(Thanks guys!)

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”