Underwater combat with a Necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xherra.1639

Xherra.1639

I disagree, I can usually combo people and drop them in seconds, Necro underwater combat is amazing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

Step 1: Enter water
Step 2: Kite enemies to land
Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

the only thing i like right now is in the Capricorn map where i get to spam the blind from plague form to cap the point.. no damage taken from sharks

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xherra.1639

Xherra.1639

Just learn to swap weapons. There are some great combos for the necro that are just amazing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noriega.8763

Noriega.8763

Necro underwater fight:
1 – Equip trident
2 – Summon pets
3 – Press 1
4 – Back up.

Repeat 2-4 for 5 min.

Move on to the next mob.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

With PvE, I barely get problems, you best bet is to make most of your utility skills a signet. It dissapoints me that wells don’t work underwater, considering I know how they could make it work. Just make it a sphere around the location and just make ground targeting for it disabled.

And the ground targeting trait should just increase the spheres radius.

I’ve thought the same thing. I’m guessing its just a known issue/solution they haven’t gotten around to, yet. I mean, it would require a variety of resources, art, sound, not just coding :/

No other class I’ve played is so terrible underwater, as the necro. and I’ve played everything, except engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Necro underwater fight:
1 – Equip trident
2 – Summon pets
3 – Press 1
4 – Back up.

Repeat 2-4 for 5 min.

Move on to the next mob.

Did you just secretly make a comment at how rubbish our pets are?

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

If you use a condition dmg specc you will probably have issues underwater thats true, but me as a power/crit specc I LOVE U.W combat, with “2” skill of spear you can make 6-9k and with 5 from trident you can see 5-7k on crits.
Also with plague you are able to Cap the ruins without letting the sharks touch you, and that weakness of trident is pretty cool also..

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandemone.7604

Pandemone.7604

Well, at least you know that you can use utility and elite skills underwater, I just discovered it!! I have a level 80 necromancer, discovered 87% of the world and only used the healing skill, because it was the only thing I saw on my interface… always thought it was strange, though. ^^

I always survived using my trident and spear, switched between them and heal when it was possible. …. but now I can use utility skills, it seems.

Edit: I just asked some friends, they didn’t noticed it either. I would suggest the gamedesigners do something about it, e.g. automatically fill the empty spots after discovering the skills.

(edited by Moderator)

in Necromancer

Posted by: carlos the dwarf.1038

carlos the dwarf.1038

Necro underwater isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. If you’re running a power build, use spear 4 to pull enemies close to you and then use 2 for massive damage to whatever enemies you pulled.

Spear 5 also does massive bleed, and all the trident skills are pretty useful for raid of the capricorn. Trident 2 is one of the best skills for gaining life force, though 5 probably takes too long. Popping DS 3 every now and then is more effective underwater since it’s aoe, though that’s about it, the 1 and 4 are pretty garbage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Necro underwater abilities are actually surprisingly good, trident has its fire and forget aoe bleed auto attack, and spear as carlos said has the 4 → 2 combo, blowing bone minions after the full set of vulnerability/wave fearing/whatever the DS 2 ability is actually called are also nice. I won’t comment so much on pvp, since underwater pvp in general is bad, and some classes have exceedingly good/powerful abilities underwater.