Unholy Feast (and our blasts).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

Hi,

I thought about our Unholy Feast. It should be a Blast Combo Finisher, shouldn’t it? Just thinking about the ranger’s Call of the Wild, and must to say sorry, but our Axe3 is far more of a blast than that ranger WH5 skill, really!

What is more, Unholy Feast strips a boon per each foe attacked with this skill, so it is supportive. What is more it gives retaliation, so all we need is to use power to draw sb down, Axe2 + Dark Armor can be quite tanky. But! Axe, now as one of the most supportive of our weps must have blast combo finisher. Why? I use it for a healing build, and we can receive even more retaliation and give it to our folks. (Well of Blood has light and then Axe3).

My healing build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbESrTPTzSjfPBIVA7pHdP+2UPKH9zB-jQCBoNCyUDBicAOLqIas1uht6KIlXRTNjIqWZDDA-e

By the way, sometimes thief can be a better healer than a guardian (ComboBlast on water with 1k HP is 3k AoE healing, quite much?). Due to his blasts with SB2 on Water combofields. And you know what? We all have been said to be good at all roles we want to take. I hope that the little blast on big explosion from Axe3 is not that much.

Ey, if it comes to finishers. Life blast is a projectile, but not a finisher. Why? It’s hurting a bit. Making it a finisher we can encourage condimancers to use LB for example to make it burning on burning combo field. Wouldn’t it be nice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hakkology.3189

Hakkology.3189

Good suggestions, +1 :P.

I always believed necromancers lack combo options but i never had suggestions to perfect it, nice to hear some sensible options.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I was supporting Axe 3 being a blast before it became a boon strip, but after that buff to it I’m not sure making it a blast finisher is the best option. It puts even more power onto Axe 3, which is already the strongest part of axe (outside of superglass berzerker builds using the channel).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I agree with Bhawb. While it would be fitting for a blast finisher, I feel the boon strip makes it good enough that the finisher isn’t necessary.

What I would like to see is possibly a whirl finisher on axe 2 and a projectile finisher (even if small) on life blast.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

The retal thing is the thing, what Anet is saying about the attrition – agreed. But to counter the blast and making skill overpowered it can have an icon, like Downed Fear, to say “ey, roll back, my tough skill is going to pop!”.