Unholy Fervor + DS

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

Does Unholy Fervor still increase DS dmg while using axe? It was working 2 years ago, dont know if they changed that now.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

nop… only increase axe skill damage on vuln foes.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Yeah it did against vulnerable foes. Now that axe got a 10% buff, life blast with axe+unholy fervor should be doing more damage than life blast with staff. Haven’t tested it though, so.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Yeah it did against vulnerable foes. Now that axe got a 10% buff, life blast with axe+unholy fervor should be doing more damage than life blast with staff. Haven’t tested it though, so.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t one-handed weapons do only 50% of the damage of a two-handed one when equipped in DS ?

I’m going by the fact that one-handed weapons only have half the stats of a two-handed one, of course.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Well, the wording is: “Reduce recharge of axe skills. Axe skills deal increased damage to vulnerable foes.”

Sounds like it only affects axe 1/2/3. Haven’t tested either. How much more damage is staff in DS anyway?

[EG] is recruiting!

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: tuman.6593

tuman.6593

tested it, looks like no

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t one-handed weapons do only 50% of the damage of a two-handed one when equipped in DS ?

I’m going by the fact that one-handed weapons only have half the stats of a two-handed one, of course.

Not half of the damage, but two-handed weapons (staff) do deal more in DS. I’m pretty sure this is just due to the difference in weapon damage between the two-handed and one-handed weapons. The difference isn’t huge, but it is more than noticeable.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s not a matter of stats on the 1h. The 1h+oh stats are the same as a two hand’s total stats. Not to mentioned you completely factored out all the stats on armor, hehe.

The thing that makes LB hit less with 1h versus 2h is that 2h weapons have a higher weapon strength, which is the base for damage coefficients. A coefficient goes further with a higher base damage weapon.

For instance, a Exotic dagger has a weapon strength of 924-981 while a 2h has a strength of 985-1,111. So the difference is there, but its not as big as you’d think. The numerical gap increases with damage multipliers too.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

It’s not a matter of stats on the 1h. The 1h+oh stats are the same as a two hand’s total stats. Not to mentioned you completely factored out all the stats on armor, hehe.

The thing that makes LB hit less with 1h versus 2h is that 2h weapons have a higher weapon strength, which is the base for damage coefficients. A coefficient goes further with a higher base damage weapon.

For instance, a Exotic dagger has a weapon strength of 924-981 while a 2h has a strength of 985-1,111. So the difference is there, but its not as big as you’d think. The numerical gap increases with damage multipliers too.

Ok… got it. :-)

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

So what’s the damage diff in ideal situations? max gear, 25 might, 25 vuln (100% crit)

[EG] is recruiting!

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Exactly 10% difference for ascended. Two handers the average weapon strength is 1100. For one handers its 1000. So 10%.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

I guess it’s a good thing we’re getting a true power 2h wep then. Shame it won’t affect life blast, though.

[EG] is recruiting!

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

I still think the whole DS damage based on weapon equipped is a really stupid mechanic. I know it’s probably not even intentional / a (very low priority) bug, but a 10% damage penalty because I couldn’t/forgot to swap to my staff is redonculous of course.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Son of Urza.1692

Son of Urza.1692

Note that in Reaper shroud that effect isn’t there – instead it bases damage as if you are using a hammer of the rarity of your mainhand weapon, IIRC. Death Shroud could stand to be updated to work more like that.

Unholy Fervor + DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Note that in Reaper shroud that effect isn’t there – instead it bases damage as if you are using a hammer of the rarity of your mainhand weapon, IIRC. Death Shroud could stand to be updated to work more like that.

This is because Reaper Shroud is literally coded as a hammer, as in you get hammer kill credit for it. You also get weapon swaps for the same reason. Overall a really nice change and totally agree.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build