Unholy Martyr

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Has anyone had a chance to try this trait out? Does the life force gain stack with each condition/does it pull multiple conditions from multiple allies? I haven’t unlocked it yet but I’m so curious I wanted to post a question here.

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

1 condition from 1 ally every 3 seconds, starting 3 seconds after you enter Death Shroud. 600 range.

Okay support, but not worthy of Grandmaster status.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Thanks for the response. Sort of a let down for a 6 point trait.

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Gathering Plague > Unholy Martyr, GG.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s just like having Plague Signet without the good active for some dime during the fight. Pretty meh, Well of Power does it much better

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

This is one of two traits that are really unimpressive. The rest are at least interesting.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: victornajduch.4859

victornajduch.4859

Hmmm….
Has anyone tried this using multiple necromancers on a single pvp or wvw group?
Seems like this would be never ending life force once a few conditions got applied to someone.

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hmmm….
Has anyone tried this using multiple necromancers on a single pvp or wvw group?
Seems like this would be never ending life force once a few conditions got applied to someone.

WvW multiple Necros isn’t super rare (full MM zergs), and I have run 5 necro PvP. The issue is that for all your compounding strengths (even just 2 epidemics on one team can wipe teamfights), you also compound weaknesses. So sure they’d have a lot of immunity to conditions, but they’d also be fairly weak to focus, unable to stay on point, etc.

If you do want to run a multi Necro team, I still wouldn’t suggest this. Your team will be able to get more than enough self-cleansing, and utilities like WoP and Plague Signet would be better for the little extra team cleansing.

Btw, Rennoko’s idea to have this pulse once on entry and then every 3 seconds after (like the Death Magic vuln trait) would be way better.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

victornajduch.4859

“Draw 1 condition from allies every 3 seconds while in Death Shroud. Each time you draw a condition, gain 5% life force. "

Does that mean %5 life force every 3 seconds, or %5 for every condition drawn?

In the case of the latter; 5 conditions drawn every 3 seconds for %25 life force. If this is not capped at 5 then d’-‘b
But the potential to bounce conditions between two or three necro’s sounds gross in theory.

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You only draw 1 condition per 3 seconds, no matter how many allies are in range.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

victornajduch.4859

You only draw 1 condition per 3 seconds, no matter how many allies are in range.

Wow…that’s super lame

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

As much as I hoped for the trait to be better, it’s hard for it to be without screwing something up:

A. It siphons from multiple enemies. Say, 5. Any time you pop into DS you get swamped with condis. You then use Plague Signet, Deathly Swarm, or Putrid Mark to transfer these condis to enemies on a point, or wherever. It’s like Foul Feast/Plague Sending all over again. Great, fun, I’d love this, but potentially screwing with the condi meta big time as no other class is as effective at transferring conditions, even before Unholy Martyr.

B. Take the above, put it in WvW. Would you ever even die? Would you actually get anything done, siphoning the garbage off of several players at once?

That said, in its current form it does noticeably extend DS time without much issue so long as you don’t get unlucky and siphon a big Weakness. So you can break 30k HP on a Soldier/Valk Necro, while providing OK damage and utility, which is pretty fun.

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I think the 3second thing is a bug. All similiar trait like our DS 3x vuln or thief 1x condition /3s of stealth all work IMMEDIATELY at start and again every 3s. Like thief loses 2 condi if he stealth once for 3s.

Still its lackluster, should be AOE, and i still dont know which trait i should give up for it in a bunker build (wells recharge or 1k heal on DS)

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: OmegaProject.9831

OmegaProject.9831

By itself, this trait is fairly lackluster. But it does shine a bit when comboed with Vital Persistence (drain 50% in DS). These two result in a net loss of 0.33% DS per second (yes, you can theoretically stay in DS for 300 seconds, assuming you take no damage).

Da Simple Numbers:
Vital Persistence over 3 seconds – Loss of 6%
Unholy Martyer after 3 seconds – Gain of 5%
Result – Net loss of 1% every 3 seconds

So, theoretically, this provides super-long DS and comboes well with skills that work well in prolonged DS (such as the Renewing Blast, SR 13). Or even living amonst a Zerg, you can improve you DS sustain and spam skills for a longer period of time.

HOWEVER, this does not take into account that you may be siphoning damaging condis, like multiple stacks of bleed — which means the 5% gain is immediately nullified by the butt-load of damage you’re about to take. It would have been nicer if Renewing Blast made Life Blast transfer a condition every X seconds, or something. That would provided stronger synergy, in my opnion. Also, I’ve found it VERY difficult to line up shots with Renewing Blast in sPvP, since allies are usually moving around all the time. But that’s just me (and I didn’t use Unyielding Blast, which may make a difference).

Unholy Martyr

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

i always wanted them switched, but only for the speed, 50% less cast, 50% less dmg per hit. So you actualy hit some1 after 5s of ranged autoatacking
But the condi transfer is OP, NO

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/