Upcoming Corruption questions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oogabooga.3812

Oogabooga.3812

So with a skill such as Consume Conditions adding self-vulnerability for 4 seconds, is that duration extended by the Spite trait line and (de)buffs from food?

Also, will Condition damage and duration affect the Plague Form self-bleeding?

Will Consume Conditions and Plague Form get an additional condition or stack with the Master of Corruption trait on?

If a player already has stacks of vulnerability of let’s say 15 and uses Consume Conditions, will the vulnerability from usage add 10 stacks or replace the 15 stacks?

So at first glance, the answers look to be “yes”, but I wanted to know.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

I think the CC removes the first stacks and then applies the stacks of vulrn. Other question, can’t answer.

in Necromancer

Oogabooga.3812

I have a hard time seeing the benefits outweighing the detriments of using these skills and traits. Now, if Master of Corruption also said something like, “increase your condition damage by 500 to your targets for each condition you have”…..maybe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

is that duration extended by the Spite trait line

it no longer grants condition duration.

in Necromancer

Oogabooga.3812

Granted. The other part still remains. Will the added buffs and armor traits that increase the duration/damage affect the self-inflicted conditions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Granted. The other part still remains. Will the added buffs and armor traits that increase the duration/damage affect the self-inflicted conditions?

we dont know

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yes it will, that is how it has always worked, there is no reason to believe they’d suddenly change it now.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

yes its the same with blood is power. self inflicted condition scale of your condi damage and duration

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

yes its the same with blood is power. self inflicted condition scale of your condi damage and duration

Which should have been removed 3 years ago. It is enough that we have to hurt ourselves to get the same/worse effects than other classes, but punishing us for actually wanting our skills to do damage is bullkitten design.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

Which should have been removed 3 years ago. It is enough that we have to hurt ourselves to get the same/worse effects than other classes, but punishing us for actually wanting our skills to do damage is bullkitten design.

it was cool for a blood is power consume conditions combo but now…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

All that QQ, I actually like the trati Imagine that on top of the 2self bleeds, we get 2more.. Then we transfer them back and put up 6 long lasting bleeds + get group might. The Consume Conditions 10 vuln tho is kinda strange for a heal that should REMOVE conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

2. Condition duration applies to all conditions you apply, even to yourself. I do not expect this to change.

3. The general reading of the trait is that each Corruption skill will now have a fixed, second condition that it applies, so Corrupt Boon will apply Poison and a specific second condition, Consume Conditions will apply Vulnerability and a specific second condition, etc. What these second conditions will be has not been written anywhere, to my knowledge. If you do not have the Master of Corruption trait, then each will only apply its regular, single condition.

4. [Edited]: Consume Conditions would consume the initial Vulnerability, then afterward apply its 10 stacks.

(edited by Ocosh.5843)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

4. In that case, you would have 25 stacks of Vulnerability for whatever duration the two conditions overlapped. You would probably be killed.

Wrong, CC first consumes every condition you have, then apply the 10 stacks of Vulnerability.

Or at least I read it as that:
“Consume Conditions: This skill is now considered a corruption skill and applies 10 stacks of vulnerability to you for 4 seconds after use . Increased recharge to 30 seconds.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Wrong, CC first consumes every condition you have, then apply the 10 stacks of Vulnerability.

You are correct. I wasn’t even thinking. I’ll edit my original post.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

it was cool for a blood is power consume conditions combo but now…

I didn’t mean self conditions per se, i meant them also scaling with duration and damage, too. Like, seriously, the kitten.