Using the new DPS Golem with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

So, I don’t know if I had configured the Golem correctly, but my dps on both my power necro and my condi necro was very low. My ele almost did 3 times as much dps with a lot less effort, and simply by staying in fire attunement.

What sort of dps should I be getting on the golem using My Condi necro with scepter/dagger and Staff? Any tips on rotation?

I currently use chrono for raids, but wanted to try necro. After this test, i felt a little discouraged.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

24k condi with one set of horrors and no epidemics.
22k power.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Mitch.4781

24k condi with one set of horrors and no epidemics.
22k power.

Well why would you use epidemic against a single target with no other mobs around it? Btw, is that full ascended vipers gear? Whats the rotation and runes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

in Necromancer

Mitch.4781

Yes as a coincidence I just saw that and I was pleased to see that my rotations on staff ele were exactly the same. Although, I wonder why he rarely uses fire 3?? I screwed up on necro my swapping to staff which that guy doesn’t do. Why wouldn’t people swap to staff for the extra condi?? Are the cool downs involved considered a dps loss? But amazing how far ahead Ele is above all the other classes.

Also, no wonder I was getting low dps, he was testing with all the buffs whereas I was just going in Vanilla.

(edited by Mitch.4781)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bierzgal.2341

Bierzgal.2341

You can disregard the “All boons” chart since it’s not very realistic. The “Normal boons” tho is pretty good and informative. Keep in mind that it is impossible to properly measure a Condi Necromancer on the Training Dummy. Having only 5 horrors that don’t get healed makes a very big difference. On some boss fights you can have even around 15-20 of them. Not beeing able to bounce conditions with Epidemic is also a loss.

They did mention that 1 “hamster” adds around 0.5-0.8 dps. When you do the math, Condi Necro looks pretty good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Staff you fire your marks in 2 seconds and they youre doing basically 0 DPS for next 8 second untill you swap back.

Its reason why most run scepter/dager and scepter/warhorn in raids, if you need that extra CC just only place a warhorn in your offhand slot on secend weapon set.

The dps rotations for all builds are explained on metabattle.com

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

You can disregard the “All boons” chart since it’s not very realistic. The “Normal boons” tho is pretty good and informative. Keep in mind that it is impossible to properly measure a Condi Necromancer on the Training Dummy. Having only 5 horrors that don’t get healed makes a very big difference. On some boss fights you can have even around 15-20 of them. Not beeing able to bounce conditions with Epidemic is also a loss.

They did mention that 1 “hamster” adds around 0.5-0.8 dps. When you do the math, Condi Necro looks pretty good.

You also can’t account for Condition manipulation, like all the opportunities in Salvation Pass, which can contribute quite a lot of damage if you soak them up and send them back.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Just tells us what we always knew, that power necro is terrible. Thankfully, with the raid design and some new toys, Condi Necro is really solid, and even though you can’t “see” the utility, its fairly obvious the utility is strong enough to bring.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

As a general comment , those golems tests are sad for a lot of reasons

- MOST do no say what condition they used, so comparison is not possible (food or not food ?? well yes 30 condi duration matters !)
- most use the standind golem
- most use quickness so all channelled skill are in OP mode
- most say yes indeed in all party i am playing with i run with perma 25 might, perma alacryty, perma quickness, perma all of the boon, and the boss has instant perma all the condis and never loose them without anyone carrying to apply them so test with build that never put any of the condi you need to actually go near that dps you showed.

well those test give dps against situation that never arise but in elite few percent that can maintain MOST of their rotation and damage in real scenarios. Just using the moving golem see most of people drop dps like crazy.

Most of mob/boss/players move and do stuff and dps uptime is then a completly diffferent story. You cannot compare a necro range condi dps to a contact burn engi dps or a condi druid as as soon they have to move away more than 150 range their dps drop like a rock.

Anyway this is cool to test rotations but for the sheer numbers most of them are completly boggus in all the content you play in the game.

happy they are here for the test, unhappy to see what crap people put on reddit about the REAL DPS values of classes (in completly bogus imaginary world) ! They even use build tweak dspecialy made for this “encounter” …

regards
Alba

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sun Lian.4075

Sun Lian.4075

Well, I guess it only says something when everyone uses the same settings