Utility of Signet Of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deltana.9082

Deltana.9082

Hi, I don’t have tested this new skill yet.
Has it any utility? With which spec does it synergize?

Archanaa,
on Augury Rock [FR].

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

It isn’t worth using, just use consume conditions.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

None, It sucks with every build.
Either use Consume Conditions or Blood Fiend. It is worse than ALL our heals.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Yup. Save your skill points. It’s not worth it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The only thing I can come up with is for bunker minion masters who want to heal their minions. You will lose blood fiend but the heals could make your other minions live longer. It is better than well of blood sincit isn’t range bound. I didn’t test it though.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

It’s actually a heal skill, not a utility.

To be honest, i think this would make a pretty good utility signet, as opposed to a healing signet.

New idea – move this to a utility slot and give us a new heal.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

To be honest, i think this would make a pretty good utility signet, as opposed to a healing signet.

Well you should remove the 5k basic heal but yeah this would make a great utility skill.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Well you should remove the 5k basic heal but yeah this would make a great utility skill.

No it wouldnt, Locust is both better for survivability and heal/sustain.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

No it wouldnt, Locust is both better for survivability and heal/sustain.

Locust may be better against multiple opponents while vampirism is good against a single opponent. On top of that vampirism deals more damage and has a lower cooldown. Besides you also could take both skills.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I think the entire point of Signet of Vampirism is to make Necromancers more attractive in group play so please consider it from that perspective. Now, whether SoV is good enough is another matter. Certainly it has no use in solo play but I just began testing it in small-group PvE Champ battles last night.

in Necromancer

Posted by: youlostthegame.8102

youlostthegame.8102

I use it all the time just out of pure stubbornness. It is terrible and should actually be a utility skill and not a healing spell. What it would be is “Siphon x amount of health each time you hit a foe” with a 1 sec ICD…

If you are running a power build too you are losing the best condition cleanse you have. #yolo #swag #signet #healz #rudeboi #baller

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The only thing I can come up with is for bunker minion masters who want to heal their minions. You will lose blood fiend but the heals could make your other minions live longer. It is better than well of blood sincit isn’t range bound. I didn’t test it though.

Minions can’t benefit from the active, though, so even in that situation it’s worthless.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

The build I experimented with last night was 20/0/30/20/0 MM with Death Nova, Bloodthirst, and Vampiric Mastery. I started proc’ing SoV as often as I could to see how it handled in a group instead of Blood Fiend but I do not know how to see the heals other party members got.

Will try an instanced event soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

^Not worth it unless you have god awful healing power. Well of Blood would work far better, because minions get 0 benefit from SoV, whereas WoB heals them just like normal.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

@Bhawb – That is a good point: There is some overlap between WoB and SoV. The fact that it is a signet makes it obvious the heal is targeted at non-well builds. I am still working through the trades in my head and hope to try it again, tonight. WoB requires players to stand inside it where the signet lets people run wherever and not lose the chance for health as long as they hit the mob. Also, more rapid attacks may claim heals from the stack faster so mele players generally have more potential benefit than ranged players.

I had not played for the last three months so the changes are very new to me. Please forgive if I make mistakes.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, more rapid attacks do NOT help you claim stacks faster. There is a 1 second cooldown for each attacker on the signet active.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deltana.9082

Deltana.9082

Ok, so we can say that this heal is pretty bad.

Archanaa,
on Augury Rock [FR].

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

No, more rapid attacks do NOT help you claim stacks faster. There is a 1 second cooldown for each attacker on the signet active.

I’m not entirely sure that it applies for each attacker. I’m running the exact same trait setup as Anchoku and I can’t rule out the possibility that the cool down could be lottery based, even with the 25 stacks. Meaning that the marked target may take the damage like they should, but only one attacker will receive the siphoned heal each second. I say this because there are times where I’m clearly not receiving the heals from my attacks even though the target still have stacks on them.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m not entirely sure that it applies for each attacker. I’m running the exact same trait setup as Anchoku and I can’t rule out the possibility that the cool down could be lottery based, even with the 25 stacks. Meaning that the marked target may take the damage like they should, but only one attacker will receive the siphoned heal each second. I say this because there are times where I’m clearly not receiving the heals from my attacks even though the target still have stacks on them.

It is intended to be 1 second per attacker, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they released it with a global ICD on the active.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

It is intended to be 1 second per attacker, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they released it with a global ICD on the active.

Not that I can’t take Anet’s word for it, and I really hate quoting myself but…

We also need to visually see real numbers of the active at work with the healing players receive and the damage they do to the target. Right now, it’s just to difficult to see if what kind of a real impact the skill is having.

This needs to happen because I am of the strong belief that SOV is not working as intended.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Maybe it would get their attention if those who feel SoV is sub-par put in a ticket requesting a refund of skill points. I am certain there would be all sorts of difficulties with it succeeding but it would draw the attention to the issues for those who feel it is inadequate for a 25 skill point ability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Ok, so we can say that this heal is pretty bad.

Antitoxin spray is a better heal then this skill. It heals for about the same base, with a shorter cool down and removes conditions. And that heal is complete grabage to. As a human necromancer, if all other heals where removed besides SoV, Antitoxin spray and Prayer to Dwayna I would take Prayer to Dwayna. Luckily I don’t have to worry about that. Take Consume condition.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Only works with players. Minions and pets don’t count.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay