Vamp Prec and Reapers Precicion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pagan.7359

Pagan.7359

Looking at trying a build with some regen from precision, using Vampiric Precision and Reapers Precision, and possibly sigil of blood. Anyone try this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

with nearly 400 Healing Power and the +20% Siphon trait attacking gives me a MASSIVE…41 health. Until they fix them and give them the buff they NEED a Vampire/Leech spec just isnt viable, at least for WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightwrath.1679

Nightwrath.1679

I would not focus so much on healing. I run a sort of hybrid build with survival and burst. It is staff and d/d and I live and kill fairly well. I do put 20 points into blood magic though for the vit and healing I do have siphoning is more effective and then crit healing b/c even though it does not seem like a lot it does help overtime. But focusing mainly on that is not worth it.

Morrigan Sol (Necromancer)| Averelyna (Elementalist)| Celaena (Thief)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I have played with 20 in Blood for leeching traits for a very long time…

And Life steal food/sigil of blood always have and still do out heal all of our traits combined.. its pathetic.

The patch that was supposed to buff the Blood tree actually nerfed our overall leech healing because Dagger #2 didn’t get any buff to compensate for the 30% Bloodthirst nerf.

I still run 20 in Blood because while the heals are small, they are still noticable during channel skills like Dagger 2 and Axe 2. A full channel of dagger 2 will usually heal me for around 6k between traits, food, sigils, etc.

Not saying Blood traits are fine, just that vamp/crit builds have worked for me.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Ascii’s wellmancer is based on this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I run 20 Blood Magic because I like shorter well cooldowns. I don’t care about the siphoning one bit, because I know it doesn’t actually make a difference.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: salarasul.4190

salarasul.4190

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQRBIhdu1IjWxeym2G9mCYSB3eD9o3adOqwxUFWH-jwxAYfJasFQCsIasdhioxqWw0rER1+kioVDA-e

this is what i am running, not perfect, i am thinking aboud the perfect runs all the time, but it has survivabilety and good dmg i like it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I run a siphoning build but I don’t use either of those traits because of the horrible scaling. Instead I use dagger mastery and blood thirst and to make up for less heals I use spectral traits and skills to make my heals count for more (and to enter death shroud often). The build is 0 25 10 20 15 and it’s easily the best siphoning build I could scrounge together.

I personally think that Vampiric and Vampiric precision should be combined and moved into the master tier as a major and completely replaced with another minor.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAoYWjMah7ZbGb8bKApCNPpIbujZcsy0HgH-jkCBYNQoNBkmGiwAgKAM5pIaslhFRjVVjIqWlEzgrIa1A-w

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

(edited by Monoman.2068)

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Running vamp traits with MM works well, vamp master is a sick trait and it keeps me alive in most situations. Running all the siphon traits plus runes/sigils and food and vamp master adds up to be some nice HPS, don’t get me wrong I agree they need a major buff.

If the new healing skill has no ICD on its active then combining that with dagger #2 will be really cool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Running vamp traits with MM works well, vamp master is a sick trait and it keeps me alive in most situations. Running all the siphon traits plus runes/sigils and food and vamp master adds up to be some nice HPS, don’t get me wrong I agree they need a major buff.

If the new healing skill has no ICD on its active then combining that with dagger #2 will be really cool.

I haven’t done much research on the signet but from what I hear, it sounds bad. I plan to give it a shot because I hate using food to make my mediocre healing slightly less mediocre.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

They already announced (and demonstrated in the dev livestream) that both the passive and active have ICD’s.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I haven’t done much research on the signet but from what I hear, it sounds bad. I plan to give it a shot because I hate using food to make my mediocre healing slightly less mediocre.

Trust me, its beyond useless. To the point i dont see ANYONE wanting to use it. They removed the damage from the passive, They put an ICD on both the Passive and the active meaning that you will get 4 or 5 IF you are very lucky procs from the active…

It is in EVERY way worse than Blood Fiend.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

with nearly 400 Healing Power and the +20% Siphon trait attacking gives me a MASSIVE…41 health. Until they fix them and give them the buff they NEED a Vampire/Leech spec just isnt viable, at least for WvW

See now this is exactly the mindset that is wrong with the game. The traits aren’t broken, or weak, they just don’t work for the way you are trying to use them.

Siphons don’t scale based on healing power. You should know this, the moment you put on healing power gear, and noticed the tooltip didn’t change.

Siphons are best used with abilities that hit fast, not hard (think wh 5, wells, dagger mh, axe mh #2, etc)

I run a siphon build, and I have been very happy with it.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Kahrgan.7401

They already announced (and demonstrated in the dev livestream) that both the passive and active have ICD’s.

According to the livestream, and it’s tooltip, the active buff has 25 stacks.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yup. 25 stacks, and a 1 second ICD per attacker as well. Given the aftercast on the signet, you yourself can only consume for 4 stacks unless you already popped Locust Swarm (since that hits once/second) or they’re standing an a well (again, precast).

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Kahrgan.7401

Yup. 25 stacks, and a 1 second ICD per attacker as well. Given the aftercast on the signet, you yourself can only consume for 4 stacks unless you already popped Locust Swarm (since that hits once/second) or they’re standing an a well (again, precast).

Which is a good thing it has an ICD… It would be very OP if it did not.

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

Ahh i missed that… well that’s complete rubbish.

May be cool for an MM if your pets can trigger the healing/extra dps.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It needed an ICD or a stack limit. Not both. Both turned it from useful in niche situations (if an ICD, then big world events or focus-fired tower/keep lords. If stacks, then smaller group support) to being terrible across the board.

Alas, only players can proc it. Not even for MM is it worth anything.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

See now this is exactly the mindset that is wrong with the game. The traits aren’t broken, or weak, they just don’t work for the way you are trying to use them.

Siphons don’t scale based on healing power. You should know this, the moment you put on healing power gear, and noticed the tooltip didn’t change.

Siphons are best used with abilities that hit fast, not hard (think wh 5, wells, dagger mh, axe mh #2, etc)

You DO know that they DO scale with Healing Power right? Just, they scale VERY poorly. The traits are VERY poor. Considering that we pretty much have no defense, no escape DeathShroud is nothing more than an Invul for a few seconds in which you get locked out of heals and skills.

Access to ONE protection. Its like we are FORCED into condition builds and even they are becoming weaker as the Meta moves away from conditions. Power builds arent as strong thanks to lack of defense, lack of chase down and lack of escape should it all go wrong.

While leveling it is decent, Nothing more. Works okay with Locust Swarm and thats about it. It is still very meh

in Necromancer

Kahrgan.7401

You DO know that they DO scale with Healing Power right? Just, they scale VERY poorly. The traits are VERY poor. Considering that we pretty much have no defense, no escape DeathShroud is nothing more than an Invul for a few seconds in which you get locked out of heals and skills.

Access to ONE protection. Its like we are FORCED into condition builds and even they are becoming weaker as the Meta moves away from conditions. Power builds arent as strong thanks to lack of defense, lack of chase down and lack of escape should it all go wrong.

While leveling it is decent, Nothing more. Works okay with Locust Swarm and thats about it. It is still very meh

Listen, if you cant find a way to play the necro and use it’s strengths and weaknesses to get the upper hand, go play a guardian and pick up that new meditation heal, instead of not understanding how things work, and then complaining about it.

in Necromancer

Nightwrath.1679

Umm where have you been?!?!?!?!?! Really being forced into condi builds umm ya ok…. I ran a condi build when I first started by necro but now I am all about that power burst. I can take down enemies within secs of starting a fight without them blinking a eye. But then again you commented about how we have no defense. Believe it or not we have a lot of defense skills. Yes DS does lock us out of a heal but I like most necros run CC so u time DS to wait out the cool down on CC.

Plus with Spectral Walk that spell alone is enough to get me out of zergs. I can survive with my builds at most against like 4 people. And when more come it is generally a zerg and they are mindless so just pop SW run and port back to run away most will not notice.

It does take time to master this class we are not like a guardian or warrior who can just chain skills and be op or a thief and spam 2… (nothing against those classes xD)… But we cannot so we have to learn how to time our skills to be ready for anything. The most common necros who complain about being killed or owned by numerous people are the ones who put all attack skills in 7-9. We rarely even needs those skills I have them setup with spectral walk and spectral wall both to help me get away when need to and then I have well of suffering as a attack. I have seen necros run with Spectral walk and flesh wurm and then BIP before killing people b/c of the two ports they have. People just need to learn how to time skills and how to outsmart the mindless button smashers.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I can take down enemies within secs of starting a fight without them blinking a eye.

Sure against Upscaled people maybe. How about against GOOD players…

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

It needed an ICD or a stack limit. Not both. Both turned it from useful in niche situations (if an ICD, then big world events or focus-fired tower/keep lords. If stacks, then smaller group support) to being terrible across the board.

Alas, only players can proc it. Not even for MM is it worth anything.

I was really trying to be positive and not jump on the QQ train…. but FML!! This skill is trash.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I was really trying to be positive and not jump on the QQ train…. but FML!! This skill is trash.

Yeah, ANet really thought of everything to make the skill worse. To be fair, though, even the datamined version could only have the active procced by players.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Nightwrath.1679

I can take down enemies within secs of starting a fight without them blinking a eye.

I can kill good players no problem… Wait… what even defines a good player?? someone who can win almost all their 1v1s then that would make me a good player; I have even had people call me a good player shoot I have a guild call me a good player from wvw on time. I can kill any lvl fine equal or not. I have played this necro since I started the game so I know almost everything about them what to use and what not to use. You cannot go running full attack skills wishing/thinking you will win in 5secs not going to happen. Have to play it smart, the only class that can give me a hard time are mesmers. But then again they get everyone a hard time.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I can kill good players no problem… Wait… what even defines a good player?? someone who can win almost all their 1v1s then that would make me a good player; I have even had people call me a good player shoot I have a guild call me a good player from wvw on time. I can kill any lvl fine equal or not. I have played this necro since I started the game so I know almost everything about them what to use and what not to use. You cannot go running full attack skills wishing/thinking you will win in 5secs not going to happen. Have to play it smart, the only class that can give me a hard time are mesmers. But then again they get everyone a hard time.

So, what is this supposed “burst” that you have that can melt people in “seconds”…

in Necromancer

Nightwrath.1679

So, what is this supposed “burst” that you have that can melt people in “seconds”…

Not going to give my build out b/c 1 I don’t need too and 2 I really don’t want to give it out… But I do use staff and d/d and I do slot well of suffering in my build and d/d and WOS is enough to kill almost anything not running a bunker build pretty fast and even if they do happen to live I can just pop DS and finish them off.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Not going to give my build out b/c 1 I don’t need too and 2 I really don’t want to give it out… But I do use staff and d/d and I do slot well of suffering in my build and d/d and WOS is enough to kill almost anything not running a bunker build pretty fast and even if they do happen to live I can just pop DS and finish them off.

Sure. If you say so.

in Necromancer

Nightwrath.1679

Sure. If you say so.

Ok… Just trying to help here people should try something out first and test it before going off complaining saying we have nothing but condis and our power sucks…. Plenty of people work a power build and have enough escape and defense not to die….