Vampire Build, Knights gear

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQRAoY3dn0ISjNWZD22AHOmAXQkdVs5aC9iAtA-TFCEABFqEMKlfxpfwn9HI4EAgwTAoR1kittenAQKgyVGB-w

" Vampire build"

Full knights gear,

Dagger/dagger – Axe/focus

Utility = Vampire signet, Signet of Spite, Signet of Locust, Spectral Armour, Lich form

Traits = 6,0,5,3,0

with food = 3000 power, 50% crit, 3230 toughness, 20k health

the aim is to leech as much life through on crit Leech effects and autoattack.

( Leech on crit food, Leech on crit trait, leech on crit sigil, Leech on hit, leech on signet,
leech on rune)

you may not hit hard crits, but the Passive leech makes up for the difference whilst keeping you tanky.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in Necromancer

Zardul.3952

LEECH LOG

sigil leech deals 1k damage and heals you for 1k ( sigil on wep)

leech per hit deals 50 dmg and heals you for 50 ( trait in blood magic,)

leech per crit deals 50 dmg and heals you for 50 ( trait in blood magic)

leech per food deals 800 dmg and heals you for 900 ( omnomnom pie)

leech per signet deals 500 dmg and heals you for 600 ( Vampire signet )

leech on rune deals 500 dmg and heals you for 600 ( vampire runes)

Leech on Signet deals 500 dmg heals for 1k per person in area , up to 5 ( Signet of locust)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Dont use SoV. It is a terrible heal and no necro should ever run it…

in Necromancer

Zardul.3952

what would you recomend to replace Vampire signet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zhaid Zhem.6508

Zhaid Zhem.6508

You sould take assassin’s armor or Knight (Precision(1st)/power/tough) accessories to boost precision

*Consume condition, still the best healing skill.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Consume Conditions, imo the only necro heal that doesnt suck (pun intended). Ok well of blood is also okish but only in certain builds.

in Necromancer

Zardul.3952

just tested and i agree. Consume conditions is far better than the SoV.

thanks for advise,

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Technically this same build can be achieved on any profession, seeing as how the only worthwhile leeches come from your gear. Kinda sad really.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

It’s good when you run Zealots and you have over 1k Healing power. Pair it was Regen boon and you’re healing quite nicely. 300HPS per sec, and a proc of 400+ healing when hit. Include Blood Magic traits for Siphoning for a additional 50-100 Healing per hit, not including life leech food and blood sigil. It works quiet nicely in my opinion. Also active life siphon when hitting someone with the signet is about 800 per hit.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s good when you run Zealots and you have over 1k Healing power. Pair it was Regen boon and you’re healing quite nicely. 300HPS per sec, and a proc of 400+ healing when hit. Include Blood Magic traits for Siphoning for a additional 50-100 Healing per hit, not including life leech food and blood sigil. It works quiet nicely in my opinion. Also active life siphon when hitting someone with the signet is about 800 per hit.

Yeah…no it isn’t. To reach 800 damage per hit with Signet of Vampirism, you would need Bloodthirst traited and a total of 7568.38 Power, a ridiculously impossible amount. You would be two-shotting bunker warriors with Life Blast if you had that high of a Power stat.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Doesn’t he mean on the active? Maybe he is including all his vamps

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Doesn’t he mean on the active? Maybe he is including all his vamps

Yeah, I meant on the active as well. To hit 800 damage per hit on the active portion, you need well over 7k Power. Even factoring in Vampiric and Vampiric Precision, you’re still looking at an impossible amount of Power required.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I dont think so. In its current form you are most of the time better off with CC or WoB no matter the build.

If i wasnt so lazy i would probably now show you some calculations for the different heals or give you a link to some older topics about SoV in the necro subforum…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I’m still trying to figure out why any Necro would run Zealot’s. To make use of the precision, would you not want something that processed on critical hits? That would mean what; Sigil of Blood for a siphon, maybe?

Power + Heal is usually Cleric’s. You get Toughness with that; not sure what you get with Precision.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Zealot’s I’ve found actually works well if you have lots of Protection. It lets you do a lot more damage than Cleric’s gear while still having good heals. It’s generally better for those who have a bit of team healing ability, but you can make it work on a more selfish level as well, since Sigil of Blood does scale at 10% of healing power and Dagger 2 has a total ratio of 36%..

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Yeah…no it isn’t. To reach 800 damage per hit with Signet of Vampirism, you would need Bloodthirst traited and a total of 7568.38 Power, a ridiculously impossible amount. You would be two-shotting bunker warriors with Life Blast if you had that high of a Power stat.

Silly me I should have clarified better didn’t mean the damage, i meant the per hit for heal on the active, for me it’s about 700-800 with a 1s ICD with Zealots and clerics mix. If you acount Regen you can heal for a additional 5k if you land everything Damage is okay too. Blood sigil with life leech food is why you would run Zealots, and to get critical strikes in for more damage, for procing things like air, fire and blood sigil, vampiric precision . I think what vampire necro really needs though is more trait/utility/skill access to the regeneration boon.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemitri.8172

Nemitri.8172

I run a similar concept, but I run wells, if I have at least 2-3 targets the leeching can get very very good really quick, this build is very good for tagging mobs in events and going all kamikaze on mobs lol. So far the best leeching build I have personally liked on my necromancer, since I felt my thief was doing a better job at it :/

Focused rituals is optional, I used to use it when farming in zergs, but I like the single click feature more, and we can be more in melee since this build has high survivability anyways.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBHhhakkmWa7pxoG+bT0MUSfBBQ0O9I0CrAUFJA-TBCGwA9VCm4EAgS9nkK/SrFIjugY7PA4JAQIgyTAA-e

You should consider using Warhorn, that #5 ability can hit 5 targets for 10 seconds (15 if traited with banshee’s wail) which translates to lots of leeching done.

The elite is there as a last resort, again, hits up to 5 targets and can constantly blind, meaning you can have an emergency sustain.

My opener is Warhorn #5 Followed by Axe #2, then as I close on my target I switch to dagger, and use Dagger #2 if needed.
Both builds use the same warhorn, so you get back to back leeching sigil procs.
Also Ritual of Protection is good dungeon support, on top of what wells already do for allies (wells are our only party support so far).
If I need more tagging I switch to a staff replacing the Dagger.
I also use signet of the locust if I need to run long distances (and I really like to have a constant speed buff when out of combat). And the active goes very well with the concept.

(edited by Nemitri.8172)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

leech per food deals 800 dmg and heals you for 900 ( omnomnom pie)

All life leeching food steals 325 hp, same damage, unaffected by power or healing power.

Technically this same build can be achieved on any profession, seeing as how the only worthwhile leeches come from your gear. Kinda sad really.

Yes, sad. Especially when you’re a thief with Signet of Malice.
Actually other classes can generally do it better because they won’t prevent the healing when they’re in Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DriV.6203

DriV.6203

Vampiric life steal is not viable in Guild Wars 2 thx to the lame life steal game mechanic. It does NOT scale and therefore it can be only somewhat effective in 1v1 combat and even then it is obsolete to other 1v1 builds it is just pain to see. On top of that, your life steal (which is main focus in your build) doesnt even work when you are in DS. Thats mean about ~ 33% of your time you DO NOT get your sustain from life steal, regen etc… cuz you are in DS, your super class mechanic!

SoV is crap heal, it does have 1s iternal CD (even on active effect), doesnt take away your conditions and it is just… bad. Even if you do steal all 6 ticks, you will still only get ~2000 HP (2500 bloodthirs) + other heal (traits, food, sigils).

SoL is also bad an i try to take it away asap when i know i will go into the combat. Its active life steal lacking most of the time and it is only viable while facing mesmer or minionmancer and hiting all clones and phantas, else you will get only one stack heal for ~1000 hp with 60s(48s) cd and that is BAD.
SoS is not needed, you need to have plague signet, well of power or something else that will help you to fight conditions.

You do not have any condition cleanse other then dagger #4. Meeting condi Ranger or condi PU mesmer you will melt like a butter. Staff is must have for necro no matter what.

On the other hand I like ppl who want to therorycraft something new, problem is that game mechanic doesnt alow it. All this build pro/cons is well known and that is the reason why there are only 1-3 builds per class. Other builds or gamestyles just doesnt work until anet figure out and improve them.

Drivi | Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandara
http://www.necroraiders.net/en/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Hmmm… I do not have Zealot’s gear right now but I do have an old set of Carrion with Rune of Vampirism from early this year, a very old set of Rabid with Rune of Tormenting, and a set of Shaman’s with Rune of Exuberance. I may as well experiment with food, Parasitic Contagion, Vampiric Precision, and Bloodthirst in 6/6/0/1/0 and 6/4/0/2/0 builds. The only weapon I have right now with Sigil of Blood is an old scepter but that could work in a bleed build using Parasitic Contagion. Unfortunately, I recently salvaged my Cleric’s trinkets but will figure something out. I do not quite have all the materials for ascended light armor so everything is exotic.

One thing is very clear from this discussion and experiments I did earlier this year: The siphon traits in Blood Magic do not contribute much. I am hoping food and Parasitic Contagion will be more productive.

Edit; I think I will try omnom pies and Parasitic Contagion again on my Rampager armor, too, probably with the Rabid karma trinkets I could not salvage.

Edit2: Bloodthirst – Let me see here. 20% more of nothing is… Hold on while I get my calculator out.

Edit3: Why does it seem like Bloodthirst only wants to work with a siphoning wells build?

(edited by Anchoku.8142)