Vampire build: Solo WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I decided to make a build with every life steal option i could grab. It offers really good sustain, along with really good power damage. I know blood offers some life steal traits, but until they buff it its still not worth it imo

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBIhdu1IjWxe2m4GDfCB6RuULOTUhjh6B8gOfIA-jAyAY/BRTYCNRIQJwioxWOHiWzIsabMVMRUtQAmnAA-e

Im wondering if anyone else has a similar build and would like to share

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

I tried a build almost identical to this within the last 3 weeks.

The sustain was terrible. It killed people just fine but don’t kid yourself thinkin this is anywhere close to good sustain.

in Necromancer

Carpboy.7145

The sustain was terrible. It killed people just fine but don’t kid yourself thinkin this is anywhere close to good sustain.

I just Wikied all the stuff to see if this is true. Life steal food heals for 325, 1sec ICD. Sigil of blood heals for 453, 2 sec ICD. Vampirism runes heal for 975 each on the x2 and x4, each with a 15 sec ICD. Dagger #2 heals 207 per tick, with 9 ticks with a 12 sec CD. keep in mind all these lifesteals also hurt the enemy, not just heal you. Sure its not full cleric or apothecary sustain, its pretty good with 1800 toughness and the dmg you can put out.

Lyss The Shadow

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Please change the name to something different. Vampire build without Blood is false advertising.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Carpboy.7145

Please change the name to something different. Vampire build without Blood is false advertising.

I’ve stated why i didnt take blood. While technically not full vampire, getting only 39 health on crit and 31 on hit is very lackluster, and gimps your damage a lot.

Lyss The Shadow

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

I just Wikied all the stuff to see if this is true. Life steal food heals for 325, 1sec ICD. Sigil of blood heals for 453, 2 sec ICD. Vampirism runes heal for 975 each on the x2 and x4, each with a 15 sec ICD. Dagger #2 heals 207 per tick, with 9 ticks with a 12 sec CD. keep in mind all these lifesteals also hurt the enemy, not just heal you. Sure its not full cleric or apothecary sustain, its pretty good with 1800 toughness and the dmg you can put out.

no wonder you think the sustain would be good you’re just theory crafting off the wiki and a builder. This build has a solo pve level of sustain.

in Necromancer

Carpboy.7145

This build has a solo pve level of sustain.

What does that even mean?

Lyss The Shadow

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I’ve stated why i didnt take blood. While technically not full vampire, getting only 39 health on crit and 31 on hit is very lackluster, and gimps your damage a lot.

I’m not saying the build may or may not be effective. Just not a vampire build.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

This build has a solo pve level of sustain.

What does that even mean?

it means it’s really bad in WvW