Vampire signet + retal

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: C Hanson.4056

C Hanson.4056

Seems a lot of people don’t like the new signet
Consider this:

Vampire signet (16s cd?)
Signet mastery (might + 3.2s cd reduction on vampire signet)
Spiteful vigor (5s of retal when heal skill used)
(You asura necro badkittens run pain inverter)

That’s only 20 trait points.. Run pvt and watch all your enemies kill themselves.

That’s just something I thought of while sitting here in class. I’m sure there’s plenty of ways to make this thing nasty.

twitch.tv/FearTheFenix
Necro roaming & sPvP

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You shouldnt need to spend 20 trait points to make a heal worth using. Look at the other classes heals….

The Active part is the part i dont like, No actual heal they could dodge it, could dodge after they get it which wastes most of the time they have the “debuff” and i really dont like that it works for everyone. I would prefer that it was only for the Necro and that they buffed it up. Every class gets a heal, so why should they get the benefit of ours when we dont get the benefit of theirs…

We dont have a trait to keep passives of Signets during cool down do we? Like the Ele does. I think if we had that, then it could have worked out a lot better.

Though, if they EVER got around to fixing Siphoning, it could really become a strong idea. I mean getting like 50-60 healing after spending 20+ trait points is pathetic.

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

At this point we got some numbers from a datamined tooltip but it is still unclear how it actually operates.
Just wait an hour and we will likely know the details.

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

From what i have seen the Passive is decent, nothing more. The active though – Too many issues with it.

1) Can it be dodged?
2) Once applied they can dodge and waste most of it
3) Line of Sight and such
4) Can easily be CCed for its duration thus wasted
5) No actual heal if you get CCed
6) Lose passive for minimum 16 seconds

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I am not sure the retal damage this skill’s passive provides is enough to make anyone care about hitting a Necro.

So basically this skill is a healing signet that heals less and requires you to constantly be getting hit for the healing to work… yay ;p

Also, the active isn’t what we first thought. I believe it is 35 sec cd, 1.25 cast time, heals us for 4k in addition to the life steals from the marked target, but the steals have a 1 sec ICD.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Turns out, no retal damage from this signet.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yep. The passive part of this skill is basically a flat damage reduction for however much its listed as, at the low low price of not getting a healing skill.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yep. The passive part of this skill is basically a flat damage reduction for however much its listed as, at the low low price of not getting a healing skill.

And even then, only against the first attack each second.

I’m a Geeleiver

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

And even then, only against the first attack each second.

APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They actually put ICD on it. I cannot believe they actually put ICD on this crap signet.

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

They actually put ICD on it. I cannot believe they actually put ICD on this crap signet.

It was terrible anyway so who cares. Who wants to heal by being hit? Completely illogical.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It was terrible anyway so who cares. Who wants to heal by being hit? Completely illogical.

The passive wasn’t about gaining HP from being hit. It was a flat damage mitigation per-hit. If you got hit for 3k, a 300 siphon would have been a 10% damage reduction. That is quite strong, especially when you consider the perma-retal as well.

My PvP Minion Build

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

The active needs to be a heal or this is worthless.

10% mitigation doesn’t mean kitten when you have no heal.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

The passive wasn’t about gaining HP from being hit. It was a flat damage mitigation per-hit. If you got hit for 3k, a 300 siphon would have been a 10% damage reduction. That is quite strong, especially when you consider the perma-retal as well.

Its not that strong when you have to give up your heal slot though. I mean remove the ICD and buff the actual self heal slightly and maybe we can talk. But honestly, the whole concept is kind of kittened.

Let me explain. This is pvp I am talking about. If you are getting focussed you will need to heal. Then when you do heal then you no longer gain the passive effect. So the active is really almost all that matters. The passive is a benefit of course. But it really isnt that big of a deal. And to compensate for it the active has been made beyond worseless.

Thus, remove the ICD and it is still totally unplayable. Because the active is so bad that the passive wont change that. The life siphon thing was so horrible too. You have to mark someone (who has to not evade/dodge/blind/los you) and then you have to hit them alot (when you have just healed and usually want to avoid combat) to heal for about 1k max? That is just so bad.

But by concept it is weak anyway. I would of made the active a 6.5k heal and then MAYBE we can talk. Even then CC is just better by so much.

A 4.5k heal is like 25% of our health pool and with light armour, no vigor, little prot, little regen, no blocks, few blinds, no evades, no stealth and no teleports……yeh that isnt going to cut it lol

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The active needs to be a heal or this is worthless.

10% mitigation doesn’t mean kitten when you have no heal.

There is a 4k ish base heal on the skill. It heals you for that on activation, then you can consume 4 (5 if you are Jesus Himself) marks of a total of 25 (1s ICD on hitting for the steal) to siphon HP. So in general, you’ll get around 5.5k healing if the other person is AFK, and more like kitten if they aren’t terribad.

My PvP Minion Build

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Its not that strong when you have to give up your heal slot though. I mean remove the ICD and buff the actual self heal slightly and maybe we can talk. But honestly, the whole concept is kind of kittened.

Let me explain. This is pvp I am talking about. If you are getting focussed you will need to heal. Then when you do heal then you no longer gain the passive effect. So the active is really almost all that matters. The passive is a benefit of course. But it really isnt that big of a deal. And to compensate for it the active has been made beyond worseless.

Thus, remove the ICD and it is still totally unplayable. Because the active is so bad that the passive wont change that. The life siphon thing was so horrible too. You have to mark someone (who has to not evade/dodge/blind/los you) and then you have to hit them alot (when you have just healed and usually want to avoid combat) to heal for about 1k max? That is just so bad.

But by concept it is weak anyway. I would of made the active a 6.5k heal and then MAYBE we can talk. Even then CC is just better by so much.

A 4.5k heal is like 25% of our health pool and with light armour, no vigor, little prot, little regen, no blocks, few blinds, no evades, no stealth and no teleports……yeh that isnt going to cut it lol

A 4.5k heal is not bad if the cooldown was not so long. But for a 35sec cooldown its really bad. And if the passive had a better number additional to a cd reduction i would use the signet even with the icd. But as it stands the numbers are too bad for that heal to be useful…
So i hope, if they dont want to change the skill much atleast, they should change the cooldown and the passiv heal to better values

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

Would of been cool to see a spectral heal which reloved primarly around granting life force and a little bit of health.

Some like:

Spectral Heal – Gain 40% life force and gain 4.5k health – 30s cd

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Can we use epidemic on it ?…
Can we transfer it?…
Can we consume it? …
Do we have to wait untill tuesday to know how it interacts?

(edited by mons.1386)

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepelio.9031

Sepelio.9031

No, it wouldn’t be a condition. More like a status effect like distortion (but a debuff)

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Can we use epidemic on it ?…
Can we transfer it?…
Can we consume it? …
Do we have to wait untill tuesday to know how it interacts?

It’s a debuff, not a condition. Like the system of buffs they have for things like Spectral Armor, or Spirit Buffs, but debuffs.

My PvP Minion Build

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Unless there is a slight error in the tooltips of the demoed skill, the passive effect no longer do damage…

Then again, they didn’t demo the passive side at all. Only the active part by attacking golems.

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stillmoon.6894

Stillmoon.6894

can be abused imo if we know exactly is it power or healing power that affect the damage and heal from this signet and whether it can hit stealthed target. but then again consume condition is the still the best. maybe applicable in life steal build but life steal sucks last time i checked it.
dont hope too much on this one, maybe it is going to be those minion mancer bots favorite heal skill.

“Dream and hope sundered my world, it will no longer wreak such sorrow”

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It amazes me that the WEAKEST heal of them all is the one that gets nerfed into being less than useless…

Vampire signet + retal

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Unless there is a slight error in the tooltips of the demoed skill, the passive effect no longer do damage…

Then again, they didn’t demo the passive side at all. Only the active part by attacking golems.

Key word in Bhawb’s post is “was”. That “was” the point of the passive before.

I’m a Geeleiver