Ventari Dueling (Videos)

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Hey guys!
I want to share with u my latest video in which u can see Ventari fighting different classes on a duel server we found
My plan is to make this a weekly series where he will also provide you with some tipps to duel certain classes!
The build links are in the description
Hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions feel free to ask them here or on youtube (also ingame)
I also love getting positive feedback and subscriptions on youtube (>^-^)>

Link to the videos:

How to fight certain classes:

Tell me in the comment section or on the forums which match-ups you wanna see next

(edited by Sensotix.4106)

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

So, I am doing my best not to by hyper-critical here, but I think you guys need to spend a little more time on these.

If anything, this video is illlustrating just how powerful the 30/20/0/0/20 build is in duels, even when you just click your utilities left to right in no particular order.

Signet of spite just blown without facing, plague signet used multiple times with just a few conditions (clicked again). If you really want to illustrate the power of the build, you need to be having duels where actually hitting those utilities makes a difference. For all intensive purposes, he could have not used his utilities at all and likely won.

I am sure he is a good necro, but at the least spend the 3 minutes to bind the keys, and try to upload footage where people can see the utilities at work.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

I would love to set up some duels with him.

(edited by Zzod.5791)

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MTC.9536

MTC.9536

Hey I am Ventari and I think it it easier to show you how to use the utilities correctly in top 200 tournaments then in some duels where well used weapon skills cominbed with the deathshroud can win games.
Considering the early use of the plague signet: Conditions like burning and confusion which don’t seem a lot, do a rly high amount of dmg if they don’t get cleansed right away, so if I don’t face a necro where I am expecting more conditions to come, I try to give these back I have.
Best example might be the ele: 4 seconds burning given back instantly with my condition dmg mean like 3k dmg, which is a lot if we look at the low hp pool of eles.
And yes I know I am currently getting used to keybinds, which can make a difference, but when i was in the top 20 I played the utilities with the mouse back then (when necro was rly weak as well) and I still won the duels and games.
But thank you for the feedback

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

Hey I am Ventari and I think it it easier to show you how to use the utilities correctly in top 200 tournaments then in some duels where well used weapon skills cominbed with the deathshroud can win games.
Considering the early use of the plague signet: Conditions like burning and confusion which don’t seem a lot, do a rly high amount of dmg if they don’t get cleansed right away, so if I don’t face a necro where I am expecting more conditions to come, I try to give these back I have.
Best example might be the ele: 4 seconds burning given back instantly with my condition dmg mean like 3k dmg, which is a lot if we look at the low hp pool of eles.
And yes I know I am currently getting used to keybinds, which can make a difference, but when i was in the top 20 I played the utilities with the mouse back then (when necro was rly weak as well) and I still won the duels and games.
But thank you for the feedback

Let’s do some duels next time you are on. I love the practice and challenge.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

Sure i am looking forward to it, just wsp ingame

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

What’s the deal with spectral walk over spectral armor? I mean in general not just this video.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

you can run away and the enemies will follow you and when you drop low hp you can port back to your team to get rezzed

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I understand this, but the ranger fight for instance, you weren’t burning or suffering any really dangerous conditions, and you had a condition transfer up on your OH dagger… Considering PS is your one and only stun break, it just seems strange you would waste it for 3 bleeds and poison.

Necro really wrecks face in duels right now, and that signet is very much a lifesaver when used right, but in these videos you didn’t even need it, and should have saved it rather than just blowing it the same time you happen to be clicking all your other utilities.

Looking forward to the top 100 SPVP footage.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Lol if you can mouse click your way to top 20, either the class is op or your opponents aren’t very good.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

What’s the deal with spectral walk over spectral armor? I mean in general not just this video.

I explained it in my conditionmancer guide but i use it because i don’t use warhorn,so i lack of a speedbuff, furthermore it is rly great against stunwarris, because even with their trait for increased movement speed u can kite them a bit with it until their bersercer stance is over

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

I understand this, but the ranger fight for instance, you weren’t burning or suffering any really dangerous conditions, and you had a condition transfer up on your OH dagger… Considering PS is your one and only stun break, it just seems strange you would waste it for 3 bleeds and poison.

Necro really wrecks face in duels right now, and that signet is very much a lifesaver when used right, but in these videos you didn’t even need it, and should have saved it rather than just blowing it the same time you happen to be clicking all your other utilities.

It was a duel server so i play differently than in tournaments, in tournaments i would try so save every unneeded skill for the next bigger fight so i don’t join in on cooldown, i will upload some videos for tournaments soon, but I understand your point, it was more about showing how much dmg can be prevented when using skills quickly, because I see a lot of necros keeping conditions on them waiting to give them back, but then they have already taken too much dmg from like 5 stacks bleeding and poison which doesn’t seem to be much dmg at first.
“It is the same with condition dmg and direct dmg, of course you can decide not to dodge a larcenous strike for example ,which can do like 4k dmg just like 5 stacks bleeding and posion for 5 seconds, but it is always better to prevent that dmg, so i dodge it or considering the conditions i remove them” i hope that answered your question, and yes in tournaments I safe my stun break for harder situations, but normally i use an other stunbreak

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

Lol if you can mouse click your way to top 20, either the class is op or your opponents aren’t very good.

Yes these weren’t top 100 gamers but I only wanted to show the rotation etc I don’t get your point in insulting me for trying helping unexperienced necros. Back then when I was top20 necro was the weakest class beside warri so think before judging pls
you are welcome

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

how to play necro at the moment: spam aoe, condition burst with ds at optimal times, rotate into different points optimally, win games.

Symbolic

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

how to play necro at the moment: spam aoe, condition burst with ds at optimal times, rotate into different points optimally, win games.

Yes you are right considering some points but there IS a difference between good necros and bad necros if we look at the positioning and optimal skill use but yes I want to see the necro being a tricky class after the patch like mesmer or engi.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

It was a duel server so i play differently than in tournaments, in tournaments i would try so save every unneeded skill for the next bigger fight so i don’t join in on cooldown, i will upload some videos for tournaments soon, but I understand your point, it was more about showing how much dmg can be prevented when using skills quickly, because I see a lot of necros keeping conditions on them waiting to give them back, but then they have already taken too much dmg from like 5 stacks bleeding and poison which doesn’t seem to be much dmg at first.
“It is the same with condition dmg and direct dmg, of course you can decide not to dodge a larcenous strike for example ,which can do like 4k dmg just like 5 stacks bleeding and posion for 5 seconds, but it is always better to prevent that dmg, so i dodge it or considering the conditions i remove them” i hope that answered your question, and yes in tournaments I safe my stun break for harder situations, but normally i use an other stunbreak

Certainly makes sense, but I just mentioned this because the duels were out of character. Those could have been anyone off the street, and they didn’t do so well. Again I am sure your tourney footage will be much more interesting to watch.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

thanks for the feedbacks guys

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

Added: Top necromancer dueling 2 (power necro build)

(#2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAkciDdjPk

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

i wonder why everyone thinks clicking skills is a bad thing like since i cant keybind some of my skills how i want it because i dont have all those fancy gaming mouses and stuff i have to click them and i do just fine in pvp aswell. i dont see how bad it could be :S

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

i wonder why everyone thinks clicking skills is a bad thing like since i cant keybind some of my skills how i want it because i dont have all those fancy gaming mouses and stuff i have to click them and i do just fine in pvp aswell. i dont see how bad it could be :S

Because tab targetting in this game is horrendous (please be better next patch), and you need your mouse available to reselect targets, not have it hovering over little squares. It takes your eyes off the fight, and as a result causes you to miss casting animations.

You don’t need a fancy gaming mouse. I use a standard 3 button mouse with no problem. Bind utilities to Z X C, F1 skill bound to G, heal bound to middle mouse, and elite bound to middle mouse + shift. With my mesmer I use shift key combinations for F2 F3 F4.

Not to mention that moving from the center of the screen with your mouse, clicking the utility, takes longer than just pressing one key, less than an inch from a finger.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

well my F keys bring up another window so basically i click. about it.. and like i said meh i do verry well in pvp regardless of that . i mean if u do well.. its w.e it shouldnt really matter much. I see alot of people thinking its bad but i find it actually easier than binding to another key imo.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

It’s easier because you’re use to it, bind the keys and stick with it for more than a week and you’ll never go back to clicking.

You’ll notice you’re reacting faster and able to pull off the combos you want when you need to. Instead of looking at your hot bar makin sure you’re hitting the right skill.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

he just got a mouse
and now he is getting used to it

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Astewart.8415

Astewart.8415

Yes you are right considering some points but there IS a difference between good necros and bad necros if we look at the positioning and optimal skill use but yes I want to see the necro being a tricky class after the patch like mesmer or engi.

I don’t want it to be a “tricky” class. I really like it just the way it is now. I hated it before. I find it amusing that when people find a good rhythm with a class, and start posting videos the rest of folk complain bitterly.

Arenanet responds to the loudest voices, alters the class, then it starts again with another class. It is a neverending cycle and a lot of the time people simply refuse to play against the prevailing cycle. The same people complaining also continue to lose regardless of what changes Arenanet makes.

I’ve always thought that the effects of powers should be completely separate between PVE mobs and players. It’s possible, both from a user interface and a powers database perspective.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

the same goes with mesmer people always cried that it is op and now u can barely play it

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I have a request……..can you post a dueling video vs a good evade thief using fear conditionmancer? I am having trouble with those. I’m think about posting (my fail) video myself and you guys may help me out. But it’s better to watch the expert do it.

Ventari Dueling (Videos)

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

sure i will talk to him!