Ventari's Deathshroudstomp Guide (Video)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

So i once more invited Ventari who some of you might know to join me and tell us more about deathshroudstomping and some little tricks he uses
Please leave a like and subscribe to my youtube channel for more!

Link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd-PBnRWmic

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Guide to exploiting unintended use of deathshroud to stomp people :>.

I dunno is it really a good idea to post video’s of something that is pretty much exploiting even though there havent been any offical responce to it?

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

it is widely used in tournament play we just thought we would share it with newer players too

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

DS stomping has worked since as long as I can remember in WvW, though I hardly ever bother with it. I was under the impression some numerous patches ago, they made it to where the stomping wouldn’t , connect, if you were in DS (only in SPVP).

I don’t play that mode much, so I never verified. Also, clicking your second utility with your mouse kills me. I am not much for hot-key elitism, but those 3 should be on hotkeys.

The other issue is that DS may or may not be on cooldown, and DS doesn’t prevent disables without 30 points in SR, an uncommon SPVP build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Even without fitg, shroudstomp is still very useful in a lot of situations, namely where your health is low enough that the downed target/his friends can outright down you before you pull the stomp off; having to burn through your LF on top of that makes a difference.

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

DS stomping has worked since as long as I can remember in WvW, though I hardly ever bother with it. I was under the impression some numerous patches ago, they made it to where the stomping wouldn’t , connect, if you were in DS (only in SPVP).

I don’t play that mode much, so I never verified. Also, clicking your second utility with your mouse kills me. I am not much for hot-key elitism, but those 3 should be on hotkeys.

The other issue is that DS may or may not be on cooldown, and DS doesn’t prevent disables without 30 points in SR, an uncommon SPVP build.

yea i agree on not clicking the utilities but in this video he was on another pc where he didnt have his keybinds he usually has also he told me he wanted to switch them back but i said it would be better if he would click them in this video to show people exactly which skill he is pressing

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

Even without fitg, shroudstomp is still very useful in a lot of situations, namely where your health is low enough that the downed target/his friends can outright down you before you pull the stomp off; having to burn through your LF on top of that makes a difference.

Indeed

in Necromancer

Posted by: MTC.9536

MTC.9536

Hey I am Ventari and I have binds for all of these skills normally, but for my tutorials I unbind them to make it easier for people to see which skills I use but I am happy for the feedback

(edited by MTC.9536)

in Necromancer

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

Hey I am Ventari and I have binds for all of these skills normally, but for my tutorials I unbind them to make it easier for people to see which skills I use but I am happy for the feedback

Awesome tut, i didnt knew this was possible!! I do a lot of plague form stomps, but since its on a 180s cooldown it isnt always available… But since i do run with triple spectral and spectral traits, i always have close to full DS, so this trick is invaluable to me!!

A question about DS stomp: If i dont have stability on DS, and when on low health, do you go into DS right off the bait, or go to stomp, get CC, and use it the second time around?

Also, what do you think of a 30/30/0/0/10 build with triple spectral? (which is what i currently use) I got 30 in curses for both terror damage and spectral attunement. I can survive quite a lot with this, since it nearly instantly fills DS when using spectral walk and armor and taking damage, and spectral wall with 7.5s duration and 36s cooldown is amazing to block people from getting to points, or to corner them into walls and easily kill them. It also has 3 stun breakers, which is very useful against warriors.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Really well done tutorials, I`m almost a bit grumpy at you for giving away all the neat little necro tricks with awe effect. Just kidding, nice vids, I hope you`ll get the appreciation you deserve for it.

Best regards, gl & hf.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

Awesome tut, i didnt knew this was possible!! I do a lot of plague form stomps, but since its on a 180s cooldown it isnt always available… But since i do run with triple spectral and spectral traits, i always have close to full DS, so this trick is invaluable to me!!

A question about DS stomp: If i dont have stability on DS, and when on low health, do you go into DS right off the bait, or go to stomp, get CC, and use it the second time around?

Also, what do you think of a 30/30/0/0/10 build with triple spectral? (which is what i currently use) I got 30 in curses for both terror damage and spectral attunement. I can survive quite a lot with this, since it nearly instantly fills DS when using spectral walk and armor and taking damage, and spectral wall with 7.5s duration and 36s cooldown is amazing to block people from getting to points, or to corner them into walls and easily kill them. It also has 3 stun breakers, which is very useful against warriors.

Either the guard does the first stomp or gives me stability and i do the second stomp with deatshhroud, furthermore i use the deatshroud trick mostly to rez allies and fear the stomping enemy away
3 spectral skills are strong but corrupt boon is an important skill, because it is the only opportunity to interrupt a safe-stomp and 20 in soul reaping is also rly strong because u need the extra fear duration when u run all these fears, and the 15 minor trait is great as well, to sum up 20 points in soul reaping are nearly a must-have hope it helped

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

Really well done tutorials, I`m almost a bit grumpy at you for giving away all the neat little necro tricks with awe effect. Just kidding, nice vids, I hope you`ll get the appreciation you deserve for it.

Best regards, gl & hf.

thank you for the feedback i rly appreciate it

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

Thanks for the awesome feedback on this forum post i am also quite happy to have the honour to upload such high quality stuff to my youtube channel..make sure to subscribe
A Video of him dueling was uploaded a few seconds ago so if you want to check it out here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4m0cS-hRZI

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Good job!

I’d like to add that you can obviously do the same for reviving people, in which Doom is also very useful.

New people trying this, don’t forget that you can assign 2 different keybinds for the same skill/action/button, so if you’re used to a certain key for deathshroud and another for stomping, which are far away from eachother, you can bind one of them to be closer just for when you want to deathshroud stomp/rez. It also works if you deathshroud and click on a body, if you have the click to interact option enabled.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

thank you, yeah i mentioned it but i thought there is no need to show it, but it it the same princip for shroudstomp and shroudrez

in Necromancer

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

Either the guard does the first stomp or gives me stability and i do the second stomp with deatshhroud, furthermore i use the deatshroud trick mostly to rez allies and fear the stomping enemy away
3 spectral skills are strong but corrupt boon is an important skill, because it is the only opportunity to interrupt a safe-stomp and 20 in soul reaping is also rly strong because u need the extra fear duration when u run all these fears, and the 15 minor trait is great as well, to sum up 20 points in soul reaping are nearly a must-have hope it helped

Nice, thanks for helping out! I mostly do hot join (because i really hate matchups in solo queue and am too lazy to go for a team), but one thing i’ve noticed is thakittens usually really hard to get full fear duration against good players. I think this may be a bit more noticeable in hot join since people actually play skyhammer, and so fear is so ridiculously powerful that everyone seems to run stun breakers and/or stability and/or condition removal.

Since fear can be removed by both stun breaker and condition removal, it feels like it is too easily cleansed to get benefits of increasing its duration. Because of this, i like spectral wall a lot since it can cause fear multiple times instead of applying it once for a big duration. Do you do something to make sure you get your fear duration for almost its entire duration? (like coordinating with some other class, or another neat trick?)

I have to agree that corrupt boon is really useful, and i probably will switch one of my spectrals with it and see how it goes.

in Necromancer

MTC.9536

the thing about fears is that u have more than the enemy has stunbreaks :P it isn’t a problem if one gets countered, then u can immediately fear him with the other fear or corrupt boon, i mostly try to fear with the mark first because it it less pwoerfull and they remove it first and then i fear with doom to give them the rest

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

thank your for your comments on this!

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Guide to exploiting unintended use of deathshroud to stomp people :>.

I dunno is it really a good idea to post video’s of something that is pretty much exploiting even though there havent been any offical responce to it?

Why should that be an exploit ? This worked for ages and also as long as such stupid thing like invisible stomping is in the game, a shroud stomp is really less of an issue.

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

and its awesome and takes “skill”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Back when I posted on how to do this… well, almost a year ago… the tPvP community saw it as exploiting. Things change, I guess. :P

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

haha well someone said its exploiting but who really cares it works so why not do it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

It would only be exploiting if you consider dodgeroll jumping an exploit as well. Hitting two buttons at the same time isn’t exploiting. I don’t think it’s intended, however.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

It would only be exploiting if you consider dodgeroll jumping an exploit as well. Hitting two buttons at the same time isn’t exploiting. I don’t think it’s intended, however.

I made a thread on it after you showed the death shroud stomp. I don’t think its exploiting, as it hasnt been fixed for a long time. Additionally DS has no cast time so it should allow doing other things at the same time.

Thanks again for showing me Shroud stomp 9-10 months ago in that video.

in Necromancer

Sensotix.4106

i don’t consider it exploiting as well