Viable REAPER pvp / wvw build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Underdog.5390

Underdog.5390

Hi guys.
I am looking for beginner friendly pvp/wvw build.
Atm i can handle costs of buying required stuff, so items price doesnt matter.

I was considering Condi reaper with Traiblazer item set, stuff and scepter/horn or Power reaper (dont know items for this one). Minions was really cool, but i have no idea about this build. One guy told me to choose one of those, but i am not sure, i don’t want to make mistake and waste my gold on bad choice.

I am also doing some pve stuff so it would be good if this build will fit for pve also, even just a bit (but pvp and wvw is the most important).

I am still learning gw2 mechanics, that’s why my task could look dumb for some of us.

Thank you for help guys !!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Depends on what you want to do in wvw. Solo/Duo Roaming, Zerging ?
I always run power reaper cuz its imo better for roaming and requires way more skill than condi.
Easiest build to start with should be staff/axe-horn on full zerk/valk. Its cheap and you can use it in casual pve theoretically too.
Minions are almost always a rly bad idea on necro (except rise) and the same goes for Deathmagic which is the main traitline for them.
Run spite/soulrape/reapz for the most basic build.
Id suggest you try some builds on slightly different stat combos cuz the perfect combination of both depend highly on ur playstyle.
I run gs/axe on maraud/cav for example which i wouldnt reccomend to a newish player.

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Also, in PvP gear is normalized, and you have predefined stats, so you can test builds there, with the only downgrade that you have less variety, but still

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Underdog.5390

Would you please make an example of the build that you mentioned (with full zerk or valk) with any editor (i mean with combination of skills + traitlines) so i will have clearer view of it ? I wish i would start with a ready to go build, and make changes while i will learn more about game mechanics. I still need to understand how trait/skill combos work and which are most usefull and viable. Since i was not testing them in practice id ask if you could make the ready to go build, i will follow it and make changes in a time. Thanks mate.

(edited by Underdog.5390)

in Necromancer

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Would you please make an example of the build that you mentioned (with full zerk or valk) with any editor (i mean with combination of skills + traitlines) so i will have clearer view of it ? I wish i would start with a ready to go build, and make changes while i will learn more about game mechanics. I still need to understand how trait/skill combos work and which are most usefull and viable. Since i was not testing them in practice id ask if you could make the ready to go build, i will follow it and make changes in a time. Thanks mate.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kZTodTscTw4GgeTsgLYQXtAwBI+K2FDjUph2wzC-TlCFABFq+Ta6DQSJGAnAgrUCq+DAIJlHMcEAa4QAUy+DkCIwtWA-w

This build lacks some armor so you learn how to dodge o7

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightwrath.1679

Nightwrath.1679

This is the build I’m currently using, I just got back into the game and started messing around with builds again. I just ended up using what armor I had leftover went I quit to make this setup, while I get back in the flow of crafting and such. To be honest though the set actually works fairly well and I do hold my own in wvw while roaming.

P.S. I do switch to off hand dagger sometimes while roaming if the condi pressure is to high for me to handle with what I normally use.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kjGodTs2GwvGgeTsgLYxVxuYYkKN0GeWQtpAQLA-TVDEQB6RHwWUCKFlYMRpBAOCAE4BAAwTAwlUdIRqxEnDBA82foNaDcoyAA-w

Morrigan Sol (Necromancer)| Averelyna (Elementalist)| Celaena (Thief)

in Necromancer

ZombieSlayeR.8702

This is the build I’m currently using, I just got back into the game and started messing around with builds again. I just ended up using what armor I had leftover went I quit to make this setup, while I get back in the flow of crafting and such. To be honest though the set actually works fairly well and I do hold my own in wvw while roaming.

P.S. I do switch to off hand dagger sometimes while roaming if the condi pressure is to high for me to handle with what I normally use.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kjGodTs2GwvGgeTsgLYxVxuYYkKN0GeWQtpAQLA-TVDEQB6RHwWUCKFlYMRpBAOCAE4BAAwTAwlUdIRqxEnDBA82foNaDcoyAA-w

You are playing interrupt life steal sigil without passive boon corrupt in spite ?
Instead of switching to offhand dagger – suffer should do the job better.
Other than that its deceent. Tho axe is straight upgrade in most cases.

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

in Necromancer

Underdog.5390

Thank you ZombieSlayer. You are highly recommended adviser by me! I totally own with your build. It is great on wvw zerg, roaming, and pvp. Altough i changed Chilling Nova to Augury of Death (reaper trait) and You Are All Weaklings! shout to Rise!
I run with Full Berserker Exotic gear with runes you mentioned, axe + warhorn / staff
What do you think about those changes with the trait and skill ?

in Necromancer

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Well sry for the late response.
Those are viable changes … i personally dont like rise but since u r on staff you dont need the extra stunbreak that much, so its decent.
You can trade some crit chance for vit/toughness later on. If you feel confident nuff you can try gs or dagger over staff too with speed of shadows over soulmarks.
Good luck o7

~Nefras~