[Video] Spectral Wall is Not OP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

Posting here as well for those who don’t go to the PvP forums:

Necros have gone almost a year without really having much use for Spectral Wall. Now that they’ve made the spell useful, everyone is crying for nerfs. Friends, I’m here to prove that this spell simply cannot be considered overpowered based on the fact that as long as you don’t walk directly into it, it cannot harm you. I spent a few hours over the weekend deliberately placing Spectral Wall at easy to avoid moments just to see how often people would ignore game mechanics and stand in the fire. Fear not, I’ve also included footage of people rendering Spectral Wall useless. No offense intended to anyone who might be in the vid, just having some fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Hehehe had to login just to say nice song choice for this video You’re totally right, it’s only “OP” against peoples who tries to bumrush you without looking. Against good players it’s a group protection giver and that’s it.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i dont know what the fuzz about SW, i refuse to waste a slot on my bar for that skill when average player in WvW have stability. maybe in Spvp is other story.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I’m one of those crazy people who used Spectral Wall before the buff. While I love the buff, I find it unfortunate that not as many enemies like to run through it anymore… because they actually know what it does to them now. Although the dummies who do like hitting their head up against the wall over and over again are a great laugh… especially Heartseeker spamming Thieves.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hakkology.3189

Hakkology.3189

There is only one thing that needs to be worked, fear itself.

Just not funny when your toon jumps down a cliff to escape a necro using fear :P.
Auto movement during fear should have some AI i believe, like not to jump down a cliff.

Otherwise everything looks to be in order.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Gave me a laugh! Thanks

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Just not funny when your toon jumps down a cliff to escape a necro using fear :P.
Auto movement during fear should have some AI i believe, like not to jump down a cliff.

no.

NO! NO! NO!

dont dare to take this away! :O
that is one of the most fun things to do as a necromancer…

either get a stun breaker or improve your positioning and it will rarely happen.

besides, what about other classes that can simply knock you back down the cliff?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

So every class with pushbacks is fine but fear isnt? warrior tossing you around like a ragdoll then battin you off a cliff is fine. Mesmer wall pulling entire party off a cliff is fine. Fear however is bad. Right… good logic.
Don’t forget that your warriors fear will get nerfed too…. It will still remain analy long. Longer then necros fear from using 3 skills while you use 1… actually now that I think about it… if people won’t be running away then your warrior can just sit there and play whack-a-mole on someone. Kind of like moa morph except u can’t even run. Sneaky… very sneaky… good job sir.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

nice video showing that it is op against brainless ppl only

SFR

in Necromancer

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.

kitten.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well I’d say that fear is more frustating then launch or push back but in the end it “come down” to the same.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

You didn’t by any chance choose that piece of music just because it says “wonderwall” did you?

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

You didn’t by any chance choose that piece of music just because it says “wonderwall” did you?

He probably chose it to lock out us Germans

And I’m at work, so I wouldda watched it without sound anyway…

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Posting here as well for those who don’t go to the PvP forums:

Necros have gone almost a year without really having much use for Spectral Wall. Now that they’ve made the spell useful, everyone is crying for nerfs. Friends, I’m here to prove that this spell simply cannot be considered overpowered based on the fact that as long as you don’t walk directly into it, it cannot harm you. I spent a few hours over the weekend deliberately placing Spectral Wall at easy to avoid moments just to see how often people would ignore game mechanics and stand in the fire. Fear not, I’ve also included footage of people rendering Spectral Wall useless. No offense intended to anyone who might be in the vid, just having some fun.

Thank you so much. This is definitely something for ANet to take into consideration when they give in to the majority and make us useless necro’s again for 10 months. At least we will have our fear wall. sigh =)

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

Yup. I actually can’t stand that band, which is why I thought it would be funny to use it.

He probably chose it to lock out us Germans

And I’m at work, so I wouldda watched it without sound anyway…

I asked on the PvP thread too if you have any suggestions for getting around that I’d upload another version to bypass the GEMA restrictions. Like a list of approved music, no music at all, or a version with in-game sound if preferred (though with how short the clips are it would sound obnoxious).

(edited by Hanzo.9624)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I laughed, I cried, I kissed three bucks goodbye!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Man you really gotta take spectral attunement, then people manage to run into it up to 4 times.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

corrupt boon+spinal shivers (including trait on 25% health) strips stability pretty well (except against perma stab guards… or DStab necros; and SS has an obvious anim); so its not really a hard counter to terrormancer

idk… i did think the new terror+dhuum+torment builds needed nerfing; but ive seen some really good counter plays (and dark path>torment>doom>spectral wall>spectral grasp>reapers mark is really fun against newbies… but lacks either stunbreaker or booncontrol)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]